Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2020

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 130131132  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2020
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 19:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't think Note 10 going for 1080p is a coincidence, they might bring a high refresh rate phone next year with less resolution. Periscope lenses are nothing new, just newly used in phones.

A curved sensor would be nice for Xperia, it's perfect for fixed focal length and with simpler lens design it might be better than periscopes for zoom.

Also there's this bit from that article,
"Sony is developing a technology that can map an individual’s unique ear shape with just a smartphone photo, which can then be used to program headphones with 360-degree audio."

This'll be better with a ToF sensor, I think this might arrive when they put it in an Xperia.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 19:52

On 2019-09-25 19:43:31, Ppl wrote:
I don't think Note 10 going for 1080p is a coincidence, they might bring a high refresh rate phone next year with less resolution. Periscope lenses are nothing new, just newly used in phones.

Never implied they were new, the Sony Mavica MVC-FD7 used something similar, so Sony has experience in this field. EVVBlog took it apart and you can see the design there

https://youtu.be/1jPcYCcaHv0?t=1271

That curved sensor is either stuck in development hell but maybe it will eventually make it to a smartphone in the near future. who knows.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 19:53
Saying it has 240 or more, even if it locked to 60 again could be a good marketing point.
According to XDA even XA2 has 120.

Huge battery can do the job.
Asus with much weaker management but 6000mAh , ROG II does 132h on gsma test.

BBK companies fpr sure will adopt isocell 108MP, they know the number will impress costumers.

They have a patent (from 2017 I think) of sensor with built-in lenses.

BONUS : after 18 months, no phone tested by gsma has better lab samples than XZ2.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-09-25 19:00 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 20:18
I do not see the benefit of having a 240hz screen then looking it to 60 all the time.

A variable refresh rate screen would be more beneficial, 90hz or 120hz for those that want higher but variable down to 30 or even less to save battery.
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 20:21
I wish sony adopt the rog phone 2's implementation
With 60, 90 and 120 options
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 20:38
I doubt they will.
They clearly had no intentions to inform they are 120.
Just did because AndroidAuthority asked them if it was true.
They never said XZ2P has wrgb screen too.

It is like :

Costumer : - Hi Sony, does X1 have isocell?
Sony : - Next question , please ...
Costumer : - Does X5 use ufs 2.1 or 3.0?
Sony : - Got any question?
Costumer : Why dont the phones have wifi6?
Sony : - Phones will be available in your location in few months, you can pre-order tomorrow.

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

As costumer I want to know as much as I need. Not wait for months until someone puts some info online.
Info that should be on products page.

RX10 has weather sealing. It can resist rain.
So that is possible to do something like Galaxy K Zoom and keep IP protection. Also there are pocket cams that are waterproof.
Much better doing 15 - 75mm f2.6 with 1/1.2" than three different sensors.

My old pocket Kodak is 32-96mm 1/2.3" ... Even at 96mm f5.6 or 5.8 it does much better than cellphones that use crappy 1/3.4" or smaller.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-09-25 21:40 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2019-09-25 22:47

On 2019-09-25 20:38:38, Hawk12 wrote:
It is like :

Costumer : - Hi Sony, does X1 have isocell?
Sony : - Next question , please ...
Costumer : - Does X5 use ufs 2.1 or 3.0?
Sony : - Got any question?
Costumer : Why dont the phones have wifi6?
Sony : - Phones will be available in your location in few months, you can pre-order tomorrow.

πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

As costumer I want to know as much as I need. Not wait for months until someone puts some info online.
Info that should be on products page.

Sony doesn't have to specify anything regarding what they use, unless it is required due to regulations. The average consumer doesn't care or won't understand the difference between isocell or imx, and I don't blame them. All they want is a good phone that makes calls, browses the internet, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc and takes good selfies.

You may want to know as much as possible about a device but Sony has no obligation to post and reveal all that information, ie isocell vs imx, ufs 2.1vs3.0 etc. You can always buy the device and take it apart to see what is inside. Can load an app to find out the parts used, etc. But Sony doesn't have to provide that.

I like seeing teardowns, especially audio/walkman products but they are rare, so I have to search for such things myself online. If Sony provided all the teardowns, it would be great but they don't have to and searching for such things is half the fun for me.

One of the reasons Sony provides some specific info is quite simple, marketing. Take the QN1 chip in the WH-1000XM3 and upcoming WI-1000XM2. What Sony doesn't mention is that the same QN1 chip is used in the WH-XB900N and the new WH-H910N, h.ear on 3. But they don't mention the QN1 in either of those products but it is there. If you want to see the this, check my blog, I made a post about it.

As for wifi 6, it is quite new tech, so new that so far 2 products are only wifi 6 certified so far, yes the iphone11 also has wifi 6 but it is not on the list so far.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ax

see the press release
https://www.wi-fi.org/news-ev[....]ified-6-delivers-new-wi-fi-era

here is the list of all the smartphones so far, all samsung, all are the note 10 variants, I'm sure more will appear on the list
https://www.wi-fi.org/product[....]c&categories=4&capabilities=17

So expecting wifi 6, which is quite new and the standardized protocol was just announced on the 16th of this month, in a phone like the xperia X5, which while hi end, is not really a flagship in my opinion, would not make sense. If Sony decided to add the non-final WiFi 6 protocol to the phone and then released it and have the WiFi 6 certification not pass, then adding it would have been for nothing.

You can't expect a new technology like WiFi 6 to appear overnight, these things take time, apart from development, to also testing it and government regulation as well like the FCC.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 01:04
Even OnePlus has wifi6.
When a brand do not specify the version of any component, it is very suspicious.
To me it is a way to hide old stuff was used.

For example Motorola just says Moto G6 has Gorilla Glass.
Then you find out it is GG3.

I understand if they said X5 has ufs2.1 because as lower tier of X1, it could not have faster storage.
They just hide the info. When xperia has only exmor they say exmor. Then when it is isocell they hide info.

Remember the Huawei P10/10+ story?
Many people got fooled and would not buy if they knew that.

Imagine that next May you pay like $1100 for X1 successor.
Then you find out it has GG4 and ddr4 ram instead of GG6 and ddr5 that it is supposed to have as a high price product.

" The structural adjustment of the Sony Mobile merger affects every aspect. Everyone is saying that Xperia will be better after the merger is completed in 2020.
Will it, only look at next year. "
Mr Buks
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-09-26 01:14 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 04:08
Not sure the one plus 7 pro is wifi 6 certified, at least it is not yet, at least according to this.

https://www.quora.com/Is-WiFi-6-available-for-OnePlus-7-pro

Perhaps if Sony was some random cheap ass company from china, maybe I'd worry what components they use but they are not. This does not mean Sony would not use older chips in their products if nothing better is available.

Sony does not have to specify which component they use unless it is required by regulations, ie fcc. If you want to know what components Sony used in a device, buy the device and open it up and then google the part numbers on the chips. So again Sony is not hiding anything, they don't need to tell you what type of flash storage they are using or what screen source if they don't want to.

Yes they could mention it but then the average consumer might not care because on the box or in store it might just say, flash xxGB of storage and that's it. Sony doesn't want to mention isocell in any specs or press release because it provides free advertising for samsung. Why help your competitor? I don't blame them.

I do not follow huawei but after reading the story of what happened, not a surprise.

If next year Sony releases a new model and in the press release and in press events mentions it has this and that but instead it has neither of those features/parts, they can be liable for false advertising, and may be sued, ie class action lawsuit.

Sony can use whatever parts they want, and charge whatever they want. Sony charges an arm and a leg for of their products, especially their high end audio products. If they wish to charge premium money for non premium parts that is Sony's decision, if it doesn't sell that is their own fault and they will pay for it.

I understand your frustration believe me, I agree Sony should use the top end parts for a premium device but nothing one can do except not buy something if you feel it is not worth the money.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 06:40
Well taking the 960fps sensor off the Xperia 5 to save costs yet price the thing at that level is stupid. They should have tried a different sensor, something new that doesn't look like a blatant downgrade. The Huawei camera setup is unique and Apple has so many new features that people don't care about the actual hardware. Sony always cheap out on something.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 07:11
My point is the fact they specify something when is convenient to them, but hide when it is not.
I even know how much %sRGB my screen has because it was on their page.

I had no idea X1 and X5 had different main cam before reading on weibo. I bet there will be ppl returning the device when they find out. Not even a exclusive sensor , midrange Sharp S3 has it too.

It is ridiculous the fact they remove products page from the website of the places they no longer sell.
No other brand does it.

Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 07:27
Sony has quit the spec game long ago. They are all about the experience, that's why you won't hear what components they used unless it's special like a new imx.

I want to believe it was the last minute change that's responsible for the isocells and lower tier couldn't just get all sony. They probably will go back to imx next year. But I agree with badassmam, if you are using cheaper parts at least price it accordingly. No way X5 is worth 800 without wireless buds.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 08:34
I don't mind about things like battery capacity because I know from user experience that Sony has great battery life, same thing about sensors being Isocell as long as the quality is good but here the loss of the slo mo is burning me because my XZ2 Compact has it from 2/3 years ago. It looks like a blatant cost cut measure without cutting the sale price.

The fact is that for Β£700 earbuds or not, I'd not want this. In fact, I'd go over budget to get something that does have a flagship sensor and new features which could be anything from the S10 to iPhone 11 because expensive or not, you'll get something more than just a watered down Xperia 1. You know the Xperia 1 is a dream device for me but I find wide phones very uncomfortable, I'm a very one handed user so I was so excited for the Xperia 5 but ultimately I'm going to wait for the Pixel 4 before deciding.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 11:39
S10e was released for $750.
I dont think $800 of X5 is abusive.
Considering this was price of XZ2.
The difference to X1 is just screen , battery and main camera.

I was expecting $900, like xz3.
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-09-26 12:42
That's the thing. If X5 launched alongside those phones and X1, then 800 wouldn't have looked so bad. Now s10e is a lot cheaper, even iphone cut price of its "affordable" flagship. 128gb is 750. Who's gonna buy X5 for 800 in November?

X1 had the highest pixel density for an Oled phone. Everything about X5 is cheaper, you probably can get even the X1 for a similar price. It should have been 700. Xz2 was also too pricey for what it was.

No cuts in screen
No under display fps
No special design (frost, mirror, display curve etc)
Regular aluminum frame
1080p
6gb ram
No af shitty front cam
No DRAM etc

I can't help but wonder if no 960fps has something to do with Huawei having 7000. It can't be all interpolation.

X5 is a good phone but too expensive for what it is.

I hope X1 is like Z so Z2 is still coming.

Badassmam I'd keep my xz2 for another year. Looks like next year will see bigger leaps in camera.
[ This Message was edited by: Ppl on 2019-09-26 11:44 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic