Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 03:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Nokia 9 PureView Key Features:

- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

- 4G Network: LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600

- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) Or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, Dual Stand-By)

- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band, DLNA, Wi - Fi Direct, Wi - Fi HotSpot, Bluetooth v5.0 With A2DP/LE/APT-X HD, NFC, MicroUSB v3.1 And Type-C 1.0 (Reversible Connector)

- GPS With A-GPS Support, Glonass And Beidou

- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8 mm

- Weight: 172 Grams.

- Display 5.99" P-Oled QHD (~538 PPI Pixel Density) With Always On Display, HDR 10 And Corning Gorilla Glass 5

- 128 GigaBytes Memory Internal (UFS 2.1)

- No Expansive Memory Up

- 6 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (5.711 GigaBytes After The System Boot)

- CPU Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 (Quad Core 2.80 GHz Kyro 385 Gold And Quad Core 1.70 GHz Kyro 385 Silver)
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)

- GPU Adreno 630 (Octa - Core Graphics @710 MHz)

- Android 9.0 (Pie) With Android One UI

- Office Document Viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Reader PDF)

- Penta Camera System (2x RGB & 3x Black/White Cameras, Working Simultaneously) With Zeiss Optics, TOF Camera And Dual Tone Led Flash

- CamCorder UltraHD (2160p @30 FPS) With EIS

- 20 MP Front Facing Camera Wide Angle Lens With Fixed Focus, HDR, Display Flash And CamCorder FullHD (1080p @30 FPS)

- FingerPrint Sensor Reader (Under Display)

- FM Radio With RDS

- Single Speaker With Smart Amp

- Active Noise Cancellation With Dedicated Mic

- IP67 Certified (Dust Proof And Water Resistant Over 1.5 Meter And 30 Minutes)

- Standard Battery Li-Ion 3320 mAh (Non-Removable) With Quick Charge 3.0

- Available In Midnight Blue Colors
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2019-09-18 01:50 ]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 03:50
Nokia 9 PureView - Explore Every Detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNgsannOCU
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 03:55
Nokia 9 PureView Promo Videos Highlight The Advantages Of The Penta-Camera

https://www.gsmarena.com/noki[....]the_pentacamera-news-35843.php
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 03:59
Feast Your Eyes On These Nokia 9 PureView Camera Samples

https://www.gsmarena.com/feas[....]_camera_samples-news-35690.php
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 04:05
Nokia 9 PureView Goes On sale In The US On March 3 With $100 Discount, Europe In April

https://www.gsmarena.com/noki[....]europe_in_april-news-35764.php
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-06 04:25
Nokia 9 PureView Is Already Getting a Software Update (Bringing Camera App Improvements And The Latest Security Patch)

https://www.gsmarena.com/noki[....]software_update-news-35846.php
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2019-03-10 18:35
Many fullsize photos by Nokia 9
https://drive.google.com/driv[....]9FLovnuFrMI5uo3vDF-PyRqWB2dcO4
https://photos.google.com/sha[....]pVQXN4RUVJUV9fRlBYa2xobWNKNGZR
https://photos.google.com/sha[....]RodnpSMlNsM3ZQNV9McUJLV3hqQ0t3
[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2019-03-12 16:53 ]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2019-03-11 19:34
updating my post because I realized that I was looking at wrong sample images in gallery..... oops... excited to get this phone and see what its all about....
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2019-03-11 22:32 ]
[addsig]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2019-03-13 16:59
It arrived today.... can't wait to get it out and see what this 5 camera setup is all about.

[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2019-03-13 16:03 ]
[addsig]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-03-14 00:20
I had a 920 in yellow but ditched it because of the lack of applications, loved the look of the UI and the phone otherwise.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2019-03-14 22:12

On 2019-03-13 16:59:54, mlife wrote:
It arrived today.... can't wait to get it out and see what this 5 camera setup is all about.

[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2019-03-13 16:03 ]

Congratulations! Enjoy it! Good to see the collection of Nokia Camera greats there!

How are you finding the speed of the camera and gallery?

The guys at XDA Developers seem to be having a lot of lag going by this review, seems as though the Snapdragon 845 is not totally coping with the beastly camera too well:
https://youtu.be/NFzl0zGaDvw
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2019-03-15 02:14

On 2019-03-14 22:12:17, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Congratulations! Enjoy it! Good to see the collection of Nokia Camera greats there!

The guys at XDA Developers seem to be having a lot of lag going by this review, seems as though the Snapdragon 845 is not totally coping with the beastly camera too well:

I'll be honest.... as big of a Nokia fan as I am, I'm having a hard time understanding why they released this so early... I think it has HUGE potential but its not quite there yet. After just over a day of owning it here are my thoughts.

Although I don't find the gallery to be slow or the camera for that matter, I'm also not trying to take multiple DNG files with depth info stored (which is what I understand caused that issue)... but I can see that being an issue as it does take about 10 seconds or so to fully write that file to the gallery. The speed however would not even be the biggest 'gripe' I had even if I did experience that slowness... I have like 5 other things that bother me, before that would ever even hit my radar.

like:
1) Why can you not chose to store JUST the DNG file... you only have two choices JPG or JPG + DNG
2) I would love it if the RAW data was actually RAW data (from all five cameras) it takes these images and stacks them into a single DNG which is about 45mb.... thats the same approx size as the NEF's from my Nikon D850!! Either improve that stacking algorithm or let me do it myself in photoshop.
3) When you put the camera into pro mode, you have to keep the sliders (shutter speed, ISO etc) visible or it doesn't actually capture the manual shot you set... for example, If I open pro sliders and put ISO at 100 and Shutter at 4 seconds then close the slider/adjustment controls to focus the shot and press the button... iso and shutter will be totally off (same exposure as if you simply used photo mode)
4) the finger print scanner was of concern for me when I heard people were having issues with it... I liked it on the back of my 6.1....but I'll never get a chance to try using it on the 9 because it simply wont register my print.... it just keeps saying "try pushing harder" and I'm already pushing hard (beyond my comfort zone) and not willing to risk cracking the screen.... solution... pattern lock.
5) Speaker sounds AWFUL.... even my 6.1 was WAY better..... I don't use it that much but that's not really the point.... when moving to a phone higher in the lineup, I'd expect components to AT LEAST stay as good as previous iteration.... not the case with this speaker.
6) I'm not blown away by the output of the five cameras... owning an A7IIIr I assumed (my fault, I know) Nokia would be doing some image stacking similar to that process.... and with a 45mb RAW file, It seems like the data 'should' be there but I'm just not getting it.

Sure, all these could be software fixes as the phone receives updates, lets not forget it is BRAND new.... and sure, it could just be me because I've only had it for like a day... but I can't lie.. It's sort of disappointing that they released it at this stage.... I was so excited. I am however still cautiously optimistic that things will get better as updates get pushed..... and I haven't given up yet.

Over the next few days I'll get the phone out some more and actually TRY to make some quality images in both daylight and at night..... I'll post some here when I get a bit more settled with the phone..... till now. ... ... Fingers crossed
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2019-03-15 01:46 ]
[addsig]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-16 04:06

On 2019-03-15 02:14:54, mlife wrote:

I'll be honest.... as big of a Nokia fan as I am, I'm having a hard time understanding why they released this so early... I think it has HUGE potential but its not quite there yet. After just over a day of owning it here are my thoughts.

Although I don't find the gallery to be slow or the camera for that matter, I'm also not trying to take multiple DNG files with depth info stored (which is what I understand caused that issue)... but I can see that being an issue as it does take about 10 seconds or so to fully write that file to the gallery. The speed however would not even be the biggest 'gripe' I had even if I did experience that slowness... I have like 5 other things that bother me, before that would ever even hit my radar.

like:
1) Why can you not chose to store JUST the DNG file... you only have two choices JPG or JPG + DNG
2) I would love it if the RAW data was actually RAW data (from all five cameras) it takes these images and stacks them into a single DNG which is about 45mb.... thats the same approx size as the NEF's from my Nikon D850!! Either improve that stacking algorithm or let me do it myself in photoshop.
3) When you put the camera into pro mode, you have to keep the sliders (shutter speed, ISO etc) visible or it doesn't actually capture the manual shot you set... for example, If I open pro sliders and put ISO at 100 and Shutter at 4 seconds then close the slider/adjustment controls to focus the shot and press the button... iso and shutter will be totally off (same exposure as if you simply used photo mode)
4) the finger print scanner was of concern for me when I heard people were having issues with it... I liked it on the back of my 6.1....but I'll never get a chance to try using it on the 9 because it simply wont register my print.... it just keeps saying "try pushing harder" and I'm already pushing hard (beyond my comfort zone) and not willing to risk cracking the screen.... solution... pattern lock.
5) Speaker sounds AWFUL.... even my 6.1 was WAY better..... I don't use it that much but that's not really the point.... when moving to a phone higher in the lineup, I'd expect components to AT LEAST stay as good as previous iteration.... not the case with this speaker.
6) I'm not blown away by the output of the five cameras... owning an A7IIIr I assumed (my fault, I know) Nokia would be doing some image stacking similar to that process.... and with a 45mb RAW file, It seems like the data 'should' be there but I'm just not getting it.

Sure, all these could be software fixes as the phone receives updates, lets not forget it is BRAND new.... and sure, it could just be me because I've only had it for like a day... but I can't lie.. It's sort of disappointing that they released it at this stage.... I was so excited. I am however still cautiously optimistic that things will get better as updates get pushed..... and I haven't given up yet.

Over the next few days I'll get the phone out some more and actually TRY to make some quality images in both daylight and at night..... I'll post some here when I get a bit more settled with the phone..... till now. ... ... Fingers crossed

Thank you for the feedback you shared about the device.

I believe that all the problems reported by you will be solved in the next firmware update, as anticipated by HMD product director Juho Sarvikas.

P.S: Anxious for portrait photographs, selfies and night shots.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2019-03-16 06:54

On 2019-03-15 02:14:54, mlife wrote:

like:

Seems like they did indeed release it too early the good thing is that most of these issues can be fixed with a good ol' software update, with this being Nokia's first flagship in a while I'm sure they are working diligently to sort these issues out.

WRT just saving as a DNG, my thoughts exactly, hopefully they give the option to do so, as I am sure any others are asking themselves why this is not possible.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-03-17 04:09
Nokia 9 PureView Real World Camera Test

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWte16eU3bQ&feature=youtu.be
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi