Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 228229230  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2019
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-29 22:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I always use the live wallpaper that comes.
I think it is nice each flagship has its own.

I was watching TV this morning and there was a commercial about that child movie HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3.
How you could get the movie: google play, PlayStation etc...
LOL, the vampire was using XA1 Ultra black, but it had virtual buttons of Samsung S8.

Not only Mobile, but Movies and Electronic lost money too.

Some people say Sony is greedy. IPhone Xr 64Gb here will cost 50% more than price XZ2 came months ago.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-10-30 15:26 ]
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-10-30 20:53
Maybe the reason the current software update does not support themes is maybe because a new launcher is being made. It would make sense not to support themesnow as it would save Sony developers time and effort in writing codes for the themes as it would be scrap later on anyways.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 01:31
SONY's worst year is this year. Damn you old man.

[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2018-10-31 00:32 ]
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
XperiaX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 09:39
I hope we have seen the bottom for Sony Mobile. XZ2 + XZ2 compact was a little "meh" so H1 of 2018 was not good. I think XZ3 is doing better and holds some promise for the future. XZ2 premium is very niche, but also seems to be gaining some positive comments from the camera/photo community.

2019 MWC should bring perfect Sony phone with OLED screen, 5G, thin design with small bezels, SD855, in-screen FPS, dual camera from Premium or new single large lens. Bring that into ~5,3" (compact), 6" (normal) and new premium (16:9 - 4K OLED) and it should sell well assuming some marketing. Keep that line-up for 1 year. Similar design, material and technology for all sizes - no compromise for the compact.

On 2018-10-31 01:31:55, Archdragoon wrote:
SONY's worst year is this year. Damn you old man.

[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2018-10-31 00:32 ]

badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 09:44
Q3 would be XZ2 family sales so we should wait for the Q4 numbers before we can judge on the XZ3. It's probably safe to say the XZ2 was a flop and maybe these butt munchers should add the 3.5mm jack back in and dump this ambient flow nonsense.
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 11:22
@badassmam
Dump the Ambient Flow? And go back to what, Omnibalance? I get that Omnibalance would look good with small bezels but still - it's just old. They just need to work on the Ambient Flow and make it better. And reduce the bezels because even though the XZ3 has one of the smallest bezels in Sony's history, it's still a good year behind the competition.

PS. XZ2 is a flop, one of my local stores reduced the price by 40% which means one thing -noone buys it.

On 2018-10-31 09:39:08, XperiaX wrote:
dual camera from Premium or new single large lens.

OIS! The lack of it cripples low light performance a lot, XZ3 is a great example.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 11:47
Posts on weibo suggest the end of Ambient Flow.
I have seen( just screenshots)posts that say XZ4 is inspired by X Performance. But way less bezel.

Except for FPS, the design seems to fit well when you hold it. But the center has 1.2 cm and this bothers people.
Flat back makes everything easier. More space for dual cam, dvs and battery.

Yes, looks like that since X1, the weakest sales belong to XZ2/XZ2c.
Q3 means Aug-Sep, sales of Premium are there too. XA2+ same.
Nobody talks of XA2+. I think may not be global too.

napahlm
T610
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 12:27
According to a golf mate of mine, he's a storemanager at Telia, the XZ2 is the best seller from Sony they had in a couple of years. People like the ambient flow design. But thats not saying they sell a lot of phones.
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 12:40

On 2018-10-31 11:47:08, Moe87 wrote:
Posts on weibo suggest the end of Ambient Flow.

If it's from zackbucks, maybe it's true. otherwise, Im not sure
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 15:16
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4299716659586129

Look at third photo.
It has front speakers and the cam sensors bar.
What if it's XZ4?

Someone posted on XB that found some info on a Chinese site. The translation he posted was this: According to Sony's suppliers in Thailand the XZ4 has similar external design to X Performance but much less bezels. Sided FPS, oled, dual cam and taller than 18:9.

These photos here seem to match the description :
https://sumahoinfo.com/xperia[....]-narrower-lower-bezel-than-xz3

Problem is the best leaks only come just dew days before the event.
It is too hard to wait.

https://sumahoinfo.com/post-26473 benchmark says 20,5 : 9 Device i9146
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-10-31 15:07 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 16:42
So many bad decisions led to this catastrophic results.In an era where other companies come with triple and quad cameras Sony is stuck with single camera.Their design is also horrible.Marketing is non-existent.The decision to change fingerprint sensor also a bad decision(at least they will fix this in the future).Announcing amazing camera technology at MWC and not implementing it on a phone that costs 900$ is crazy.Why is it so hard for Sony to focus on high-end phones and deliver in that area?They have the camera technology,they have great relationships with Qualcomm and they can find the best panels in mobile industry.Did i mention the awkward naming scheme?XPERIA XZ2 Premium is such a stupid name.
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 17:44
As long as extremely dumb fanboys keep defending Sony's pathetic flagship phones they will not change. These pathetic fanboys will defend anything from sony and keep blaming media for "unfair" reviews of sony phones. LOL, like media reviews have any significant power of changing vast majority of tech buyers.

Sony mobile execs are inept with no clear conception of where the market is heading and the pathetic defending fanboys are total disgrace.
Ylli
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 17:46
What do you guys think of XZ4 not having an in display fingerprint scanner? I know this is to early to even think of it and nothing is for sure but the rumors are poiting to a side mounted fingerprint scanner which in my opinion is more then welcome. But in the long run this will hurt them when reviews see that galaxy s10 series will have it and not XZ4 and bash it for that.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 18:48
@Penguino

I never said go back to omnibalance, I just want ambient flow gone and I think the good people here are all agreed that some decisions are suicidal from Sony like the whole XZ2 Premium fiasco and not putting those sensors into the XZ3, the FPS placement that his been heavily criticised by everyone and so many other things.

My biggest problem is that they are so reluctant to move ahead so the XZ3 looks nice and all but the S8 looked like that 2 years ago and if you look at the vast selection of tiny bezel devices and notches and sliding cameras it seems like everyone is moving ahead while Sony is stuck in first gear. They simply cannot justify their decisions because while the XZ3 is good, all the competitors are as good but with a little something more like S9 has headphone jack and smaller bezels, Huawei triple camera, Note 9 more everything but only slightly bigger and so on. The only good thing Sony has got going for it is the Compact which is a smaller and cheaper flagship spec device.

@Ylli

Even if it has a under screen FPS they won't cut bezels the same way that the the fat XZ2 and XZ3 have no space for a 3.5mm jack so what would be the benefit? I say stick with side mounted FPS.

@atom-bomb

Harsh words but you say it like Sony customers are stupid, a lot of people here didn't get an XZ2 or XZ3 they just stuck to their old devices and hope for something decent to pop up. I don't think people here would pass up on a better phone just because they like Sony, there is strong justification for some to buy like myself liking the Compact series etc. its just that these days its harder for a Sony fan to justify their purchase. The only alternative for my XZ2 Compact was the S9 but it was £250 more expensive at the time so that is good enough reason for me but I never would claim that its better than the S9.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-10-31 20:19
I'd rather have 1 cm bezel and front speaker than Find X design and speaker beside USB.
I will never buy again a device without front speakers.
I do not use earphones when I'm alone, so the sound direct to my face is better to my experience.
Even a screen engineer of Apple admitted that as bezels go thin, chances of screen issues go higher.

I do not know if I would use UWA, but for my use the telephoto is useless. Hardware is so crappy that I don't feel excited by small optical zoom. A better hardware needs more space, I doubt any company will sacrifice design for maybe a 1/2.5" telephoto.
If a 1/1.4" with 24-70mm + 4x zoom could be done, that would be awesome.

I think they are trying to make Premium packed with more exclusive stuff. Previous were just a 4K screen.
Now it has dual cam, all models with 6Gb, the great 16:9 compared to siblings.

A X-pen would be very welcome, exactly like Samsung's. I still wonder why nobody (beside casual LG midrange) has a device to do same of Note.

My honest guess 1 : I think they will stick more 6 months with imx400. I like he fact this year they decided to use less NR and give something closer to a raw file compare to the JPEG of other brands.

My honest guess 2: I won't feel shocked if they drop edge screen. No way they can use sided FPS with 3mm frame like one on Xz3.

I do like the loop. I think xz1c is so cute. Too sad it is not dual Sim.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic