Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Announced

Previous  12
Author Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Announced
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2018-03-20 12:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Had a quick look at the XZ2 Compact and S9 together in my hand and I'm still baffled to why its so thick. Fair enough they have bezels for the speakers but I see no need for that kind of thickness. Also, the battery life is nothing compared to the XZ1 Compact which is a real shame, its one of the most appealing aspect of the Compact line. Yes you have a better screen but they should add a larger battery to compensate.
Supa_Fly
K750
Joined: Apr 16, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: Toronto, Ontario
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-03-23 11:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-03-20 12:55:45, badassmam wrote:
Had a quick look at the XZ2 Compact and S9 together in my hand and I'm still baffled to why its so thick. Fair enough they have bezels for the speakers but I see no need for that kind of thickness. Also, the battery life is nothing compared to the XZ1 Compact which is a real shame, its one of the most appealing aspect of the Compact line. Yes you have a better screen but they should add a larger battery to compensate.


You're also forgetting the "less-than-top-shelf" CPU in the XZ1C that lends to it's better battery life. Also no IP68 rating on that device, which has always been a hallmark of Sony and SonyEricsson phones long before the industry even thought of making it a standard. thickness does help lend to less drops out of the hand when hardly paying attention (along with the raised edges).
|AppleTV2|iPhone7 256GB|MBA 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
RandomCarpet
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Joined: Sep 08, 2003
Posts: 202
From: Bulgaria
PM
Posted: 2018-03-26 14:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-03-23 11:15:55, Supa_Fly wrote:
You're also forgetting the "less-than-top-shelf" CPU in the XZ1C that lends to it's better battery life. Also no IP68 rating on that device, which has always been a hallmark of Sony and SonyEricsson phones long before the industry even thought of making it a standard. thickness does help lend to less drops out of the hand when hardly paying attention (along with the raised edges).


It seems you are confusing XZ1 Compact with the older X Compact. XZ1 Compact has the Snapdragon 835 and is IP68 rated. But having exactly the same battery capacity as the regular XZ1, as well as a lower res (720p) and physically smaller display results in amazing battery life (probably the best in a Sony device to date).
Supa_Fly
K750
Joined: Apr 16, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: Toronto, Ontario
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-03-30 03:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-03-26 14:42:20, RandomCarpet wrote:

On 2018-03-23 11:15:55, Supa_Fly wrote:
You're also forgetting the "less-than-top-shelf" CPU in the XZ1C that lends to it's better battery life. Also no IP68 rating on that device, which has always been a hallmark of Sony and SonyEricsson phones long before the industry even thought of making it a standard. thickness does help lend to less drops out of the hand when hardly paying attention (along with the raised edges).


It seems you are confusing XZ1 Compact with the older X Compact. XZ1 Compact has the Snapdragon 835 and is IP68 rated. But having exactly the same battery capacity as the regular XZ1, as well as a lower res (720p) and physically smaller display results in amazing battery life (probably the best in a Sony device to date).


You are correct. I was thinking about the X Compact ... that was the interim model between the Z5C and the XZ1 Compact. Design looked nice but just didn't bring the goods the fans and faithful really needed.
|AppleTV2|iPhone7 256GB|MBA 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
pt020
W800
Joined: Aug 14, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Amsterdam NL
PM
Posted: 2018-04-07 21:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-04-07 21:55:34, pt020 wrote:

On 2018-03-20 03:37:51, Supa_Fly wrote:

On 2018-03-19 12:36:30, pt020 wrote:
Pre-order with Headphones Sony WH-1000XM2 (€349)
https://campaigns.sonymobile.[....]campaign=extreme-entertainment



sweet headphones ... will this sweeten the pot to change your mind and upgrade PT020? I'll have to check if XZ1C has this deal still.


Got 6 month ago the MDR-1000X with the XZ1C ... But I still think the older MDR-1RBT have a better sound quality and are much more comfortable .. but no noise cancelling.
And the deal was only with pre-order (same for the XZ2C) ,but too late for the XZ1C .



[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2018-04-07 22:12 ]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: > 500
From: Mundu Berria
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-04-08 21:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact: The Best Compact Smartphone Android

https://youtu.be/BDZlXHtyVdo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi