Dual Rear Camera and FPS like Mate 10 Pro
The angles are not bipolar
Yes, Thick, but design is Changed
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 03:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am talking about the reason why sony is going down in sales.
Like someone said sony phones started having lesser battery from z5.
And this is going to be important in sales.
Also sony should put ois in its back cam whether it is needed or not. Even though common people dont know what ois is, if its in the spec sheet then it's a bonus. And i know that the new xa phones are comfortable to hold etc etc.. But still look from the eyes of a common consumer and he sees these drawbacks,hey dont care about sensor size. Actually right now sony uses the largest sensor in the business 1/2.3 but nobody even knows that. The competition is mostly using 1/2.5 & 1/2.6 but they have wider aperture and they are marketing it.Sony should also narrow down the aperture.

The reason sony fails to make huge profit margins is because it is a conservative company.
Just look at samsung.
In s6 they dropped sd slot and due to fan outrage they where forced to put it back in s7.

Sony has dropped the double tap to wake now, lets see what happens.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-01-10 06:16 ]
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-01-10 06:51

The reason sony fails to make huge profit margins is because it is a conservative company.
Just look at samsung.
In s6 they dropped sd slot and due to fan outrage they where forced to put it back in s7.

Sony has dropped the double tap to wake now, lets see what happens.

But then again, look at LG and HTC, who despite are being innovatve are losing money making mobile phones.

Yes, OIS is important. Sony does know this, as seen in their digital camera. For the average consumers, most people "thinks" that Sony has a better camera than apple or samsung, and "thinks" that their phones are expensive, slow and unreliable. This reputation has been build a long long time ago.

I have been to many countries that people does not even know that Sony are making phones. Even if they do, they could not afford the cheapest Sony smarthphones, and guess what their next smartphone will be?
[ This Message was edited by: yuunanase on 2018-01-10 05:53 ]
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 07:20
I live in india and many friends of mine dont even know the names of current sony flagship. They made fun of me when i said i am waiting for the next sony flagship. The only major brands they are aware of are apple,samsung and nowadays lg is also showing improvement.
I hope sony does better marketing and sells its smartphones in more countries.
The only reason z2 lagged behind competition when it came to sales was because of poor marketing.
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 07:37
Source Sony:

“Xperia XA2 and XA2 Ultra are no different, with leading front camera technology first seen in our flagship XZ line. We’re targeting 2018 as a breakthrough year, and look forward to showcasing further innovations across the entire Xperia portfolio over the coming months.”
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 08:16
I'm going to believe what XJ said though, I think Sony will actually overhaul their flagship design this year.

There's no reason for Sony to announce their mid range and entry level phones is CES, unless they're going to unveil something different and great in MWC.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2018-01-10 07:18 ]
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 09:09
Don't expect a completely new design. It's still good old Sony design language with a bit smaller bezels. No full screen display/bezel-ratio king.
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 09:25
I also love old design....

Slim Bezel=Amazing Sony's smartphones
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 09:27
If it's still the same old design with atleast 80% stb i will be happy with louder stereo speakers and dual main cam with portrait mode.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 16:27
The arguments on this forum for why Sony doesn't sell that many units is way too simplistic and even though you can dream up a hero device that in every review destroys the opposition, it still won't guarantee any kind of success. The way I see it, Samsung pulled ahead and HTC, Sony and company did nothing for a long time which leaves them in this place. There have been some key flashpoints that have changed the market. One was the introduction of the Galaxy phones with the curved edge, what was Sony doing at that time and then the next couple of years? - Z3 cloning. When the Note 7 was pulled from shelves why didn't anybody pounce on the market? Timing is very important, the XZ1 should have had the new slimmer bezel design, the X Compact should have been what the XZ1 Compact is with waterproofing and top end features and so on. Now it doesn't matter how amazing the XZ Premium is in terms of screen and performance because the simple fact that it has chunky bezels handicapped it in terms of sales, without any doubt.

All this optimism about small bezel isn't a big deal anymore, Sony are very late to the party so it won't be so showstopping as people believe. I buy Sony phones for performance and daily usability, certainly not for looks. I actually think the XA2 and Ultra are excellent devices that tick nearly all boxes for its range but I just don't agree that 'if the XZ Premium had small bezels then I'd buy that' argument because the MWC flagship has to improve on everything, not just having a small bezel. I see the iPhone X a lot on the tube, it looks amazing and always catches my eye despite the notch. You know instantly that it is a top device and you wouldn't even question things like camera performance and so on. With Sony, everything is questionable unfortunately.
[ This Message was edited by: badassmam on 2018-01-10 16:19 ]
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 16:44
I am a huge sony fan myself.
But there are some questions that need to be addressed.
I am refraining from buying any top end phone for now,
Because i am waiting for the next big thing from sony.

I hope they stop disappointing hard core fans.
They need something really special to get hold of the market.
At least beat some chinese manufacturers
See the sales of oppo and vivo devices - they are overpriced,looks like a shitty i phone clone, weak performance and shitty specs. The only thing they have going for them is marketing and they also have respectable sales.
People should know that sony is still in the game.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 17:26
Chinese only sell well in China.
Xiaomi in India ( redmi phones)

I read once that huawei sells about 90% of their phones in China.
Even Samsung is not top 5 there.

I think they should focus where sales are better like Japan, Thailand, Taiwan and northern europe.
Also try something more in USA.
The issue is the non-carrier phones, not much popular there.

I was expecting something really big this 2018, because it is 10y of X1.
More changes on the inside.

Probably better wait 2019.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-01-10 16:27 ]
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-10 17:29
REAL......................
ADIDA
Model not set
PM