Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-07 02:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If sony wants to go with a camera hump i think they should go for it.
I dont see any reason for not having one
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-07 02:42
Because it is ugly.
Also battery would be as shitty as iphone.

Iphone 8 = 1850mAh
XZ2c = 2800mAh

Samsung is making thicker phone to avoid the camera ugliness of s6.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-09-07 05:16
^iPhone 8 is way thinner than Xz2 Compact. IPhone 8 could have had bigger battery if it were thicker.

And besides a bump of 1.2mm or less is not that noticeable. I'd rather have the bump than curved back of Xz2 series and Xz3. The weird camera placement of Xz2 series is because part of the back tapers off the edge of the phone. Hence, the flat part of the back has smaller area, which is in the middle. If you look at the side view of Xz2 series and Xz3, you'll see the laser and rgb sensor, and led flash are not positioned flat. These three follow the shape of the curve. So you can't switch the camera and the sensors position.

The bump is actually not ugly if done right. If the bump is too big, I guess that might be. But Huawei P20 Pro has around 3 mm camera bump and yet nobody complains.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2018-09-07 04:17 ]
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-07 05:45
Its because p20 pro has raw specs like huge battery and a very large camera sensor to justify it.

I wouldn't mind if sony went the same route. Pumping up the battery and reducing overall thickness would only do good.
Curved design would make the space on the sides very small and the centre too spacious.
I think they should chance to a mix of omnibalance and current design in upcoming flagships.

Also, many are waiting to see the y concept come into fruition and i am one of those people
Killmonger
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-07 07:54
I think sony missed the train with the conventional smartphone design after the Z Ultra generation.

They should take a deep breath and release only one flagship per year until they perfect a folding phone.

2 flaghip phones per year even though for Japanese market is silly.

They should keep polishing the Premium line then after 1-2 years come up with a folding phablet.

They are not marketing their phones so having a lot of phones doesn't help unfortunately.

I would love them to succeed and release flagship compact and ultra variants also but unfortunately their mobile division is very confused at the moment. I wanted to give chance to XZ2 Premium but ended up buying Note 9. But if there were an Ultra variant of XZ2/XZ3 I would happily have switched.

Copy Apple if you want to succeed. Samsung made it this far by that....

My 2 cents.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-08 21:54

On 2018-09-07 07:54:19, Killmonger wrote:
I think sony missed the train with the conventional smartphone design after the Z Ultra generation.

They should take a deep breath and release only one flagship per year until they perfect a folding phone.

They should keep polishing the Premium line then after 1-2 years come up with a folding phablet.

They are not marketing their phones so having a lot of phones doesn't help unfortunately.

I would love them to succeed and release flagship compact and ultra variants also but unfortunately their mobile division is very confused at the moment. I wanted to give chance to XZ2 Premium but ended up buying Note 9. But if there were an Ultra variant of XZ2/XZ3 I would happily have switched.

My 2 cents.

Nah. Don't just copy Apple. Look at what Apple do, look at what Samsung and Huawei and Xaomi and Lenovo and LG and all them other f**kers do. Look at what all the competition do, and try to offer more.
Killmonger
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-08 22:41

On 2018-09-08 21:54:35, -XYZ wrote:

On 2018-09-07 07:54:19, Killmonger wrote:

My 2 cents.

Nah. Don't just copy Apple. Look at what Apple do, look at what Samsung and Huawei and Xaomi and Lenovo and LG and all them other f**kers do. Look at what all the competition do, and try to offer more.

I had the strategy in mind not specs or design.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-09 00:00
Kenichiro Yoshida:
"Since 2014 Sony Mobile has been in the process of restructuring. It is clear that we must take advantage of our technology in image sensors for still and moving images. Since April 1, there has been a change in administration. You will see the results in the future "

Source

There is already a change of strategy, we will have to wait to see its results, and it is clear that Sony Mobile will not disappear.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2018-09-09 00:23
If that strategy is in effect since April 1, the development of Xperia ZZ3 did not benefit from the said stategy.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-09 00:59
I see many people on internet in love with XZ3.
Red and green are the favorites.
I think this red ugly, wine color.

I am sure someone out there is wondering why XZ3 was not the XZ2.
JDi has flexible LCD.

Of course Phone Arena will say the edge function is gimmick. Until someone else does.
Like they did to u11.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-09 02:37
The change of name from XZ2A to XZ3 was the decision of the new administration. It seems to be the only thing
[ This Message was edited by: Nevewolf on 2018-09-09 01:40 ]
ch3mn3y
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-09-09 10:32
XZ2A? Not XZ2s? Do You know what was this A? Advanced?
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-09 11:15
It charges faster than xz2.
45W x 13W
ch3mn3y
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-09-10 17:03
Will see. PD 1.0 was supposed to be better than it is - only Apples "fast charging" is slower.
Here we have probably 2.0 with 45 W (not 18 like in LG G7 or Pixel 1/2), so it should be even 3 times faster. But, will it?
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-09-10 17:13
does anyone know whether next year xperia's model number starts with "I" or "J".
Some people says "I" some times gets confused with "1" or lower case "l", so they might skip "I" and use "J"
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic