Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-08-01 11:32:24, xpr wrote:

On 2018-08-01 08:37:01, hgautam wrote:
Guys please don't be blinded sony fanboys.... I am as big a sony fan as anyone else here but some of you defend sony like they are a dozen time superior than everyone else.... Have a reality check, if that was the case sony wouldn't be so down in sales. Infact, Sony also have the same problem...

At the minimum show some level of respect and decency in ur replies while defending sony....

Sales have little to do with quality. People would happily pay for garbage as long as you convince them it's a good product. That's marketing and I believe that is Sony's main weakness.

Xperias are better than ever. Even the reviewers find less things to bitch about.

They're better than ever. But not good enough.
Samsung's Galaxy phones and the iPhone X are just straight up better than Xperias. Heck even the LG G7 is better in almost every measurable metric aside from UI design. And Google are an iteration or two from smartphone perfection, with industrial design being their only weakpoint.

Xperia phones are good. But they need to be the best. And they just aren't.

EDIT:

And I will never not be salty about them removing the headphone jack. If they had made the phone wafer thin, I would still be annoyed by its omission. That they made their phone thicker, and still had the audacity to remove the headphone jack and claim they're doing us a favour is nothing short of insulting.

That, is following a trend. Mindlessly removing a feature, just cause Apple and a few others thought it profitable. Pathetic.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-08-01 19:49 ]
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 20:49
OIS aren't good in phone. Look at some footage recorded from Samsung/LG. The space are strange. I don't know how to describe it. So, sony now go for high ISO. I don't think we can see any OIS in the near future. I heard there is something to do with the EIS and the DVS but I don't really know it is true or not.

Curve back is not space-efficient. I feel that the FPS position maybe is the part of the design. So, try to accept it.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 21:41
Sony may have made some stupid decisions, but not adding battery in the curve is not one of them.
The purpose of the curve just for ergonomics, nothing more. It is also thick only at the midpoint.
It is a fact.
We must not forget what happened Note 7, precisely because of the curve
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 21:50
Removing headphone jack is not even a trend, its pathetic from phone manufacturers including sony.

The old design would have helped in accommodating better battery.
Ambient flow looks and feela great but it is not the way forward.

Why isn't sony trying out the y design for gods sake
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 21:59
How is G7 better than XZ2?

Gsmarena on G7 review says the samples taken are worse than G6/V30. XZ1 is much better.
Battery life on LG phones are lame since G3, only X Power can be saved.
Screen is not BT2020 certified, it has worse delta values, no sdr to hdr conversion.
G7 has mono speaker. DAC makes no difference for wireless headset.
It has been shipped without EIS for 4K@30fps
Videos have lower bitrate than XZ.

It has better design ( when notch is hidden)
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-08-01 23:21 ]
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 00:36
The DAC on LG G7/V30 is the best for the smartphone. Exclude the granbeat since it's not using flagship grade SoC.

The audio quality from the quad DAC is much better than any wireless headset with LDAC. The MDR-1000X is not so good for the audio quality.

I still curiuous for the EIS and OIS stuff. Could not we have both on the same phone ? Like OIS work for still picture and EIS for video.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
astider
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 01:47
I saw that someone quoted Zackbuks about Sony Mobile camera team has joined the main Sony camera team since the XZ2 launched. Hope it's real and looking forward to it.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 02:08
OIS on smartphones cannot be used just when you want.
It acts everytime you use the camera.
It also increases the battery usage.
Question is: why doesn't EIS work for photos?
I heard Premium has some anti-shaking thing, I dont know exactly what it is.

There are just 2 problems with current cam:

- the fact software goes LANDSCAPE in situations the BACKLIT would be better.
- slower shutter in daylight compared to previous generations. Scene gets brighter like phones with f1.7/f1.8 but sky is completely overexposed.

Strong points :

- White balance is pretty great
- No strong NR, noise can be erased by edition. Better than losing details.
- HDR does not make photo fake like other phones that provide more contrast/saturation than reality.
- Less corner softness than XZP

XZ2P cam review from AH the guy says the DISTORTION CORRECTION tool helps the video quality.
I did not know that..

I think dxo already did xz2, but waiting the Premium to post together.
Maybe xz2 is above 100. OP6 got 97 without zoom or telephoto.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-08-02 01:10 ]
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 02:35

On 2018-08-01 20:49:18, skyXperia wrote:
OIS aren't good in phone

You are wrong there. As I said don't be blind fanboys. You will keep feeling oled and ois inferior just because sony hasn't used them in phones yet. Everyone else has and the results are great.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-08-02 03:16

On 2018-08-02 02:35:33, hgautam wrote:

OIS aren't good in phone

You are wrong there. As I said don't be blind fanboys. You will keep feeling oled and ois inferior just because sony hasn't used them in phones yet. Everyone else has and the results are great.

Evey technology has its benifits and draw backs, you cannot say one is better than the other. All screens, no matter oled or tft can be tuned and adjusted as the oem like them to be, so technically, they can reproduce over saturated colours or natural colours as they like. Yes, Oled has great blacks, but at the same time has burn in. The only phone which is considered having a good oled screen is the iPhone x, which has a much longer lifespan than any galaxies.

OIS is only useful in the dark when the subject is stationary. If you are shooting a moving subject, OIS is basically useless. Although they did not solve the problem of night photos OIS, they solve the problem with another way, so to me, they have succeed, but a bit late.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 03:50

On 2018-08-02 02:35:33, hgautam wrote:

OIS aren't good in phone

I am not blind. Look at some video footage recorded on S9. The footage look weird when walking. It is not smooth. Seems like some people pulling the screen. I don't only look on SONY phone. I read various review on all phone. Let face it. OIS is good for photo, EIS is good for Video. If they can make the OIS similar to OSS, can be switched on/off. Than will be good.

I know Xperia will use OLED display very near future. I am find with that. I don't like the curved screen through.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 03:57
Sony will not use OIS, i read that on an interview yesterday, i can't find it, but they said that.
OIS in phones isn't efficient as you may think due the limited space.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 04:17
Well if OIS could not turn off as expected then I doubt that Xperia will have it.

That mean some of the staff might be liar...
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 04:21
Why are u people acting like this?

Ois isn't good?
Since when?
Dont tell that oled is inferior to lcd pls
Lcd is much cheaper and sony is making profits from using lcds on their flagships

Oleds have better black levels,sunlight legibility,are thinner and lighter panels than lcd, provide better battery life. And oleds are currently the most color accurate displays in the market (samsung panels), sony lcds are not at all accurate.

And FYI iphones are the not only phones with good oled displays
My frnd still has a galaxy s5 from 2014 still in perfect condition.

Samsung diaplays are the best like it or not.
Iphones are second to samsung

Until micro leds are available in the market oled is simply the best option there is.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-08-02 03:27 ]
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-02 07:03

Yes. Samsung do own top-notch OLED and NAND flash. Now they cooperate with Frjifilm for the CMOS. While JDI still fighting for resources. SONY SEMI still working on their own. Sharp IGZO is expensive and quality still not there. However, Samsung will keep the best bin for themselves, just like SONY. LG is the only choice for SONY now. I guess SONY is already give up on waiting JDI to start the production line.
Apple can use Samsung OLED just because they can afford it. Chinese brand can get some with low price are really rubbing quality.

Don't get me wrong. OIS is great, especially in tele lens. All good tele DSLR lens have build-in IS. However, it won't really help you to take a blur-free pictures. What really helps you is high ISO, large aperture. I personally own a a5100 with 1670 OSS. The oss almost useless in video. That is why we have handheld stabilizer. Still photo does help but not much. I still pushing ISO and Aperture and Shutter Speed. However, S9+ adjustable aperture approach is creative but not really help.

Take a look with this:S9+ Footage, XZ2 Footage
Warping is shown on S9+ when he is walking. LG is even worst than this. XZ2 is way better.

Again. I am happy if they add the OIS. However, it don't really make a different. I am not here to protecting Xperia, say all the good things. Xperia now should work harder on their Camera software rather than throw in more feature.
[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-08-02 06:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 348349350 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic