PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 17:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-07-31 16:44:34, HxH wrote:
@sky

you just stole my line, now I'm running out what to say

btw, have you ever see LG Display standalone financial report
I'm not sure if they hide it somewhere under big umbrella

btw2 Sony have VR with very deep focus contents too.

You mean PlayStation VR?

HTC VIVO is a compete standalone system. They target it to business market now. So, it different.
LGD is a standalone company.

**Don't forget there are a huge group of Anti-Sony people out there.
[ This Message was edited by: skyXperia on 2018-07-31 16:16 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 17:25
Badassmam, always highly regard and respect to you

but this time I'm sorry Mirai is future, Sony just know what they doing
(although not fit to current market perception) and it bloody serious risk.

--------------------------

Sky

PSVR just plug-in, but VIVE need powerful GPU to drive it
It will cost you arm and leg maybe kidney too
that's why their financial never get backup even with new system introduce

I never see financial report of LGD, only few marketshare reports once/twice a year.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 17:47

On 2018-07-31 17:25:57, HxH wrote:
Badassmam, always highly regard and respect to you

but this time I'm sorry Mirai is future, Sony just know what they doing
(although not fit to current market perception) and it bloody serious risk.

--------------------------

Sky

PSVR just plug-in, but VIVE need powerful GPU to drive it
It will cost you arm and leg maybe kidney too
that's why their financial never get backup even with new system introduce

I never see financial report of LGD, only few marketshare reports once/twice a year.

this may be help

pigletsquid
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 18:18
HxH - Not sure who you are calling a stupid troll... but please try to be respectful. Just because someone has a different opinion to you or places more importance on difference aspects does not make it "clueless bashing"

Fact is smaller bezels allow bigger displays without device being too large and uncomfortable to use and hold. I'm not one of these people who are obsessed about bezels and who calls tiny bezels like the bottom of the LG G7 a "huge chin", and I am fine with those on the XZ2 (maybe could be a little slimmer, but it would not stop me from buying that phone). However the issue comes when they have to nerf the front facing camera in order to reduce the bezels to that size (which isn't that small comparatively speaking). And that they develop a dual camera so large that they cannot fit it into a mainstream sized phone - only in the XZ2 Premium which is an absolute monstrosity - those bezels definitely would stop me from buying it (and overall it is just way too big and heavy). I'm all for differentiating the product but not to the detriment of the user experience. That is my view, someone who is not a full-screen fanatic and doesn't mind a bit of bezel - now think that most consumers will likely opt for those with non-existent bezels just because they look more "futuristic"...
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 18:41
Some of the people here talk as if sony is making perfect phones.

Xz2 and xz2 premium has many flaws.
For me xz2 compact is a great phone except it is made of plastic and looks shit.

The xz2 looks great in fact the bezels and looks dont matter to me.. Rather its weight and bulkiness together with the awkward fps is the problem. (no 3.5mm too sadly)

Current xz2 generation has many flaws.
Try to Accept it
If we loyal fans keep on supporting stupid decisions by sony the company will be no more in the near future.
Most of the fanbase was satisfied with the design of xz and xz1 generation.. Reduce the bezels and we get a perfect phone

Sony is the only phone which has pointless bulk and not anything special to show it

The xz2 premium has undoubtedly the best camera in the market now, but it looks and feels like a brick..
No one is talking about its camera.
These are real issues that should be rectified by sony.
Why are they keep on repeating the same stupid mistakes.
Why is xz2 premium priced at 1000 bucks in the USA????

Where is the justification?

I will always remain a sony fan but some questions require answers and if sony doesn't change its game plan soon it will go out of business.. And i really dont want that to happen
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 19:02
Respect is earned, not asked I don't mention anyone specially troll
but the way you talk and mindset then take it, I would never mind

On 2018-07-31 15:51:39, pigletsquid wrote:
Other companies can make better designed devices (smaller, thinner, lighter, smaller bezels, larger displays) with equal or better cameras, for a similar price (Google, Samsung, Huawei, Apple, even now companies like Xiaomi, Vivo and Oppo). Even OnePlus to a degree for much lower price.

------------------------------------

Where my words XZ2 / XZ2P are perfect phones, care to find one?
OmniBalance is now in the past, I like and indeed good memory
but stop moaning about it or buy someone else that able to fulfilled

NEED greatest camera / biggest battery / slimmest bezel / lightest weight
ALIEN TECH MAY FULFILL
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
pigletsquid
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 19:36
That's maybe true, but there's a difference between respecting someone and acting in a respectful manner.

"but the way you talk and mindset then take it, I would never mind" - not really sure what you mean by that. Or why you quote my comment about other OEMs having better design recently...
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 19:50
Yes, many talk about how heavy it is.
Would tech sites/youtubers/geeks say the same if an iphone or galaxy was that heavy?

I read many tech sites and watch many vids on youtube ( I also read comments).
Iphone 8+ is heavier than XZ2. It has less battery than XZ2c but it was no problem to them.
But the weight of XZ2 seems to be way more obscene. Why?

There are things about the devices I would change. Can't deny.

About price... If no other was charging more than $880 in North America/Europe ( everybody knows South America, Africa and India pay much more) I doubt Sony would too.
Sony, Samsung, Htc, LG and Huawei see Apple charges $1000 for a phone that does not have SD slot, no dual sim, no stereo recording, ugly notch, lower IP rating, no Gorilla Glass and low color gamut screen.

XZ2P will probably be about $750 before Xmas. This wont boost sales anyway.
Actually you can get for this price already in some places in Asia.
I see many ppl that would never buy a Xperia and still complain about the phone or price.

G6, XZs and U Ultra are better than P10. Which one had better sales?

Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 20:14
I live in india and sony phones are priced very high... The prices are comparable to latest galaxies and i dont mind.

Most of the manufacturers have lighter and compact phones now.

P20 pro is a good example.. It has decent sales

Sony has excellent software experience, i think the best among android. It somehow they make the devices more appealing i am sure they will get their sales back. Currently we are 1 step behind the competition
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 21:12

On 2018-07-31 19:02:23, HxH wrote:

Other companies can make better designed devices (smaller, thinner, lighter, smaller bezels, larger displays) with equal or better cameras, for a similar price (Google, Samsung, Huawei, Apple, even now companies like Xiaomi, Vivo and Oppo). Even OnePlus to a degree for much lower price.

ALIEN TECH MAY FULFILL

You're acting like other manufacturers don't regularly produce far better smartphones than Sony.
Thing is...they do.
Samsung, and now Apple - the two competitors you want to be competing with, have been making thin, elegantly designed, waterproof phones with minimal bezels. Heck the Samsung's even manage to pack in a headphone jack. They all have excellent cameras. So yeah, they are making phones with pretty big batteries, excellent cameras and slim bezels, in a reasonably lightweight package.

Meanwhile, the XZ2 is thicker, heavier, has larger bezels and the same size battery, with no headphone jack. Ah, but it has front firing stereo speakers, so all that extra bulk is suddenly justified. I would accept that thickness and weight if it meant Sony had packed in a 4500mAh battery, but they didn't. What is all that space being used for? How can you make a thicker phone, and not have a headphone jack?

It makes no sense, and is disappointing.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-07-31 20:16 ]
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 21:13
Actually, spec is 1 year behind the market and restart after inserted a sim card is the characteristic of Japanese phone market. That may explain why sony did a separate version in Japanese market in the past.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 22:07
I personally like the feel of XZ2 - it's weight and shape and materials being the main factors creating that 'feel'. As a matter of fact, I think it's one of the best Xperias ever created, and not solely because the latest tech is obviously the best one yet.

The only reason I don't have an XZ2 yet is the XZ2P - that one has a monster screen and camera (in terms of quality) and these attributes definitely have a great appeal for me. However, being so close to IFA, I reckon it would be wise to wait a little and see if Sony has any surprises. In other words, for whatever reason, the XZ2P came a bit late. Had it been launched together with the rest of the XZ2 lineup, I would have definitely bought it.

Several friends of mine, who have never had an Xperia device before, bought on my advice the XZ2 and they are very satisfied.

Regarding poor sales, we all know that Sony doesn't follow pointless trends - that's Samsung's and many others' thing. They do try to be innovative and create real hardware/software applications and that's one of the things I personally appreciate, that and the overall quality and reliability. So they can't be number one obviously - Xperia is a product for people who research, compare and appreciate real quality, but I think there's a lot to be done marketing-wise and the latest sales numbers prove that once again.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 22:40
@ HxH
Thanks for your kind words.

The truth is that no matter how good the XZ2 is and I really do like it, they need to translate that into sales. If you say that the XZ2 is the best they could do then that is alright, its amongst the best performing and best selling devices but still not selling. Nobody really knows if they would do better if it had 90% STB but certain basic errors do.

Sony has access a great 4K screen, imagine the only phone where you record and watch 4K HDR video on. If dual camera wasn't ready then drop it and make the XZ2P beautiful, the XZP was a stunner when it was unveiled and people were drooling over it. That is such a great selling point and particularly when people are consuming so much video it baffles me that they messed it up.

Second thing is that the Compact is very unique and incredibly desirable. Give it the glass back and a headphone jack then watch it being crowned as the device of MWC. Another example of something so unique and desirable that they couldn't get right. I love my XZ1C and all it needed was more screen and perhaps less sharp edges, even sales from last year showed that they were breaking even so this seems like a transition year again.

Sony have shown they can be put into the top flagship category, they cut bezels, they have great camera sensors, they have a new ergonomic design etc. I'm just very curious now about IFA and the render, if that is true than I think that a lot of people would be very satisfied and again optimistic about what a XZ3P could well be. If a XZ3 Compact with the same design shows up then great but I don't think people will be willing to wait till next MWC unless there is some hope.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 22:46

On 2018-07-31 21:12:21, -XYZ wrote:

On 2018-07-31 19:02:23, HxH wrote:

ALIEN TECH MAY FULFILL

You're acting like other manufacturers don't regularly produce far better smartphones than Sony.
Thing is...they do.
Samsung, and now Apple - the two competitors you want to be competing with, have been making thin, elegantly designed, waterproof phones with minimal bezels. Heck the Samsung's even manage to pack in a headphone jack. They all have excellent cameras. So yeah, they are making phones with pretty big batteries, excellent cameras and slim bezels, in a reasonably lightweight package.

Meanwhile, the XZ2 is thicker, heavier, has larger bezels and the same size battery, with no headphone jack. Ah, but it has front firing stereo speakers, so all that extra bulk is suddenly justified. I would accept that thickness and weight if it meant Sony had packed in a 4500mAh battery, but they didn't. What is all that space being used for? How can you make a thicker phone, and not have a headphone jack?

It makes no sense, and is disappointing.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-07-31 20:16 ]

I'm sorry, this may not be the place for it, but this is going to be a rant.

Look, Samsung is shit, so is apple. After having played with the latest S9+ I can honestly say that I would never consider buying one. The screen might be visually appealing for the masses but it lacks real colors, so is the camera. The camera is actually even worse: it doesn't only distort colors, it erases detail as well and Huawei have taken it to the next level. Oh and the screen has those pointless curved edges - it's dumb, it's useless and it's annoying. The battery is nothing special. There has been a fair share of bugs and issues with the S9s and I have no doubt that just like with any other Samsung device, reliability will be poor. Let's not forget their horrible interface too.

At least it has a good set of speakers (badly placed though) and the 2 state aperture is neat. Oh, and of course, the 3.5mm jack that matters mainly to reviewers who need something to complain about. I personally have gone full wireless and I recommend doing so to anyone, strongly. Well, perhaps barring the 0.01% of audiophiles whose ears are trained enough to spot the differences between BT and analog (in which case you won't be relying on a smartphone, to begin with).

Apple may be a product of a higher quality than Samsung, but it has its own stupid OS with tons of limitations. It's definitely not the latest word in terms of tech, and for the money they charge, well a Sony for that price would be a monster. Wait a second...an XZ2P costs just 10% less than an iPhone X. XZ2Ps camera alone is enough to make the X look like a child's toy in comparison.

To wrap things up, if one's looking for a real product, and I'm trying not use the word 'professional' here, get an Xperia or a Pixel. If you're a "dumb" user who cares little about anything, well you might as well get a cheap Chinese phone and save some cash for other stuff. However, there are more than enough instagram whores, male or female, who just have to have an iPhone or the latest Samsung and Apple/Samsung know that.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2018-07-31 23:30
Guys
Honestly from week ago I take a look at both XZ2 & XZ2P
Here's my impressions even I was one from those bashing Sony for the this year design language
1)I was amazed of the well build quality I don't know how I can hold any other quality phone like those guys
2)You feel the quality in every single corner
3)I also didn't felt that thickness as it designed very slim from sides it take your hands curve so it will never ever bother
4)Very comfortable in hand
5)Weight is just on paper I mean it its still more than anything but we still talking by grams anyway not by kilos
6)FPS controversy is total nonsense I get used on it in both phones
7)XZ2 gave you the feeling that the SPR is much more than the one written which made me entered GSMARENA more than once to check

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 346347348 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic