Previous  123 ... 321322323 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-07-06 05:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony set to unveil the world's 1st 5G smartphone

If true then this will get some major attention.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2018-07-06 04:50 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 06:25
last xz2p samples(zacbuck's too) are weird, image processing algorithm looks like old phones before xz2 series.
maybe it's due to using aube processor instead of 845's isp.but it looks worse...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 10:00
STB: S6 Edge 71.7%, S7 Edge 76.1%, s8 83.6, S9 83.6%
STB: Z3/Z4 70.9%, Z5 69.9%, XZ 70.9%, XZ1 68.6%, XZ2 76.1%

The hardware between the rivals has been near identical, the camera has always been better in the Galaxy until now so what is the justification for Sony design if there has been no clear benefit? It has to be laziness and stubbornness. EIS great for video but stills will 100% benefit from OIS and this is where the criticism lies. Only now the XZ2 has flagship level images so they could be forgiven for no OIS but again, if the dual camera doesn't show a significant upgrade in imaging then they will be under fire again.

I don't want to keep arguing but the guys at the top will implement strategies for survival and profit etc. which restricts Xperia in terms of R&D so I don't want to be critical of them so much. Why I mentioned Ronaldo going to Juventus is the impact that it will have on many things. Juventus share prices rocketed as the rumours started and if he signs and wins the Champions League which is the only thing Juventus is lacking now, it is very likely to be because of Ronaldo. Sony design need a Ronaldo to take them up a notch, one brilliant person with some talent could do wonders. Some of the people who work at Sony are dinosaurs in their mentality.

Sony will be first with 5G but it won't be long until others follow so they need that out well before MWC to be considered the first. I've been meeting with people who deal with folding screens, there are durability issues but I have seen evidence of of over 95% screen. The question is if you fold the screen around a hinge and how well that mostly bent part will respond. Folding phones will be out before Sony gets to 80% STB if you ask me. Also, I think tere will be a tablet revival, I think some mad companies will make tiny bezel tablets purely for media consumption.It may work or it may not. New round of smartwatches coming too, interesting that Sony mentioned their first GPS in the Smartwatch 3 as its the only thing that they didn't continue with from the graphic.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 10:54
Rear cam used to be inside the bezel ( Z - XZ1).
The space it takes is more than what we see outside.
I think after 2012 they did that for slimmer body.
Pixel 3 must be same body of Pixel 2, unless they change screen.
But still below 77%. Does not seem much possible to me unless they drop front speaker.
Except Sony and Google, I dont know other with front speaker at the moment.

Only way is to have in-screen front camera, then maybe like 5 or 6mm for speaker.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-07-06 09:58 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 12:11
Having 5G first is really not that big of a deal.
Sure you get bragging rights, but nobody outside South Korea and maybe parts of Japan will actually be able to use 5G any time soon. By the time 5G is relevant at a consumer level, other manufacturers will have released their latest and greatest smartphones and it won't be a selling point.

Its nice to have though. Shows that they're still trying a little bit. But honestly they seriously need to work on their industrial design and cameras. Actual software is fantastic. Hardware needs work.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-07-06 12:36

On 2018-07-06 12:11:27, -XYZ wrote:
Sure you get bragging rights, but nobody outside South Korea and maybe parts of Japan will actually be able to use 5G any time soon.

5G will launch here in Australia with Telstra in late 2018 to early 2019 with some early testing already taking place in Brisbane right now.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 13:59

On 2018-07-06 12:36:14, XperiaJunkie wrote:

Sure you get bragging rights, but nobody outside South Korea and maybe parts of Japan will actually be able to use 5G any time soon.

5G will launch here in Australia with Telstra in late 2018 to early 2019 with some early testing already taking place in Brisbane right now.

Well I can say you guys are lucky bastards.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 14:27

Sure you get bragging rights, but nobody outside South Korea and maybe parts of Japan will actually be able to use 5G any time soon. By the time 5G is relevant at a consumer level, other manufacturers will have released their latest and greatest smartphones and it won't be a selling point.

Its nice to have though. Shows that they're still trying a little bit. But honestly they seriously need to work on their industrial design and cameras. Actual software is fantastic. Hardware needs work.

The major point for Sony is that it will give them headlines and attention. If the device in question can knock it out of the park on all fronts then it could be a good seller for them. If it's just an XZ2 with 5G and the XZ2P camera then it won't make nearly as large a splash.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 15:11
@vivftp

That is spot on, the 5G on the XZ2 will be just that and forgotten very quickly. The Z5 Premium was exactly that and they rectified their mistakes with XZ Premium which was all round better than the XZ from that time. Sometimes its not about the most innovative or first, it could simply be to make an excellent all round device. Today iPhone 8 sales overtook the S9+ even with small battery capacity and big bezels etc. The package is excellent overall. The XZ2 is an overall excellent package too, it only suffers because the Samsung brand is so strong right now but few will deny that its great. So if this is the case, do something a little differently which is the XZ2 Compact and Premium except the Compact should have been glass and the Premium should have been on sale at the very least. Sony having a 4K HDR screen is like driving around in Rolls Royce except but everyone has eyes on the Ford Fiesta next to you.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 15:30
About Compact, I think it should look exactly like bigger one.
It has always looked cheaper.
Z1c is not glass. Z3c and Z5c are, but both dont look nor feel like.
Then compacts of X are all plastic..

The difference between Z3 and Z3c is huge.
Z3c glass looks plastic, frames are plastic.
I have seen ppl say on reddit that some markets got plastic instead of glass for Z phones.

Maybe they believe they can earn more per unit compare to regular sized because still are costumers that like small phones.

If XZ1c looked exactly like XZP, it would be stunning.

Off: Motorola uses sided FPS, Meizu has it.. One of the three S10 is tipped to use it too.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-07-06 14:32 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 16:19
another device on the fcc

PY7-43143E, same label diagram as the previous version.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 18:15
5 FCC ID since XZ2P was presented in China.

I would imagine XZ2s/XZ3, XA2+, R2, R2+ and something else.
But who knows?

I still think this region dependent XZ2p story is very suspicious.

Deep explanation of how MOTION EYE DUAL works
http://m.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5102559/1/

Using both same time does not work for all resolutions.
Just for 12, 13 and 17MP (4:3).
The 17( 16:9 ) and 19MP just for RGB.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-07-06 18:27 ]
john.smith19
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-06 21:47
since everyone is talking about XZ2P anyway, there are a couple of interesting videos from tech workshops about the device. Slides are in English, and one of the videos presenter is speaking English as well.

Camera module - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfQbRXuNgI
HDR recording - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9H2Wbl0U_4

Ignorant youtubers are called out in the second video, most of the videos advertised as HDR are not uploaded as HDR. Youtube needs to add a UI element to differentiate HDR content. It's cool to know that Sony specifically worked with YouTube to add ability to upload 4K HDR content directly.

In the first video, it's cool to see how they realign pictures from 2 modules, I wonder how previously mentioned upgrade of having 2 colour sensors would improve upon monochrome, but that will be great to see in the future. Overall, despite somewhat outdated looks, XZ2P is shaping out to be a pretty great phone IMO, given they further improve upon XZPs performance, battery life and screen. Losing 3.5mm jack stinks, I now have to go wireless and charge one more device. SBH90C that is bundled in TW seems pretty cool though.
NCT96
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-07-07 12:06
https://blogs.sonymobile.com/[....]-in-class-battery-performance/

is it posible for 10th aniversery XPERIA
[ This Message was edited by: NCT96 on 2018-07-07 11:08 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-07-07 12:10
5G has been implemented already in Qatar about 2-3 months ago. in Bahrain, we had one demo about a year ago, and before 1 month one of the carriers officially started it.

But because there's no devices yet, Qatar started using it in mobile hot spots & semi-portable routers (regular home/office routers with SIM card to allow mobile network data).

But here in Bahrain we have nothing yet. so it's not a launch as no body can use it at all. they didn't bring any devices to actually use it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 321322323 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic