Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 237238239 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 19:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Somehow I have to think those hoping for a headphone jack on the XZ2 Premium will be disappointed. I mean it's been less than 2 months since the XZ2 was revealed. Unless they had a redesigned model as an Option B ready to go, I can't see how they would have added it in such a short span of time. If Sony does go back to the headphone jack I'm guessing the soonest we'll see that is IFA or MWC 2019.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 20:15

On 2018-04-11 19:54:43, vivftp wrote:
Somehow I have to think those hoping for a headphone jack on the XZ2 Premium will be disappointed. I mean it's been less than 2 months since the XZ2 was revealed. Unless they had a redesigned model as an Option B ready to go, I can't see how they would have added it in such a short span of time. If Sony does go back to the headphone jack I'm guessing the soonest we'll see that is IFA or MWC 2019.

That is to be expected. R&D to end product takes time. And revisions are difficult to add if production has begun. However, if we don't kick up a fuss about it, they will arrogantly continue to omit the headphone jack.

So like I said. I won't stop moaning about it.

Ever.

If there is a Sony employee who lurks around here to try and identify leakers etc. I cannot overstate enough just how deplorable it is to remove a feature, when its removal has no net benefit to anyone. I hate it, and I hope you f**ks realise that and bring it back. And bring it back in force with a proper DAC. Live up to the Walkman name.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 20:47
I believe it is not easy for Sony Mobile do to some stuff.
Sometimes I feel their hands are tied...

Sony is an entertainment company. Not the same focus of LG and Samsung.
If the koreans add anything pretty great to their phones, it wont impact other business.
But Sony also makes cameras and music players.

Why would I buy a walkman if my phone has great audio?
- Most of ppl wont notice the difference between quality of a phone and a music player.

Why would I buy a pocket camera if pics from my phone are more than enough to me?
- Most of ppl wont see difference between a photo taken by a flagship and a pocket camera
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 21:10
I disagree. Smartphone camera will never be close to a dedicated high end camera, same as audio vs. a Walkman. Hardcore audiophiles will always have an mp3 player and a photographer will never rely on their phone.

I'm simply going to say that the Sony designers are not as talented as you think, they can't trim bezels enough and cut the thickness, they're not good enough. Actual looks are subjective but their ability is lacking. They're also stubborn with certain things, being a bit adventurous with an arc design would solve many problems but they don't have the balls.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 21:23

On 2018-04-11 20:47:11, Moe87 wrote:
I believe it is not easy for Sony Mobile do to some stuff.
Sometimes I feel their hands are tied...

Sony is an entertainment company. Not the same focus of LG and Samsung.
If the koreans add anything pretty great to their phones, it wont impact other business.
But Sony also makes cameras and music players.

Not an excuse to me. If you can make a single product renders a lot of your others redundant, you should stop making those other shitty products. If you're not willing to cannibalise your own product, a competitor sure as hell will, and then you're left without anything to compete. That's how once powerful companies die. Arrogance.

Why would I buy a walkman if my phone has great audio?
- Most of ppl wont notice the difference between quality of a phone and a music player.

How many Walkman's do Sony sell? Now how many more smartphones do Sony sell.
If a flagship smartphone has a DAC and audio quality that rivals the cheaper Walkmans, stop making the cheap Walkmans. The market for them is dead anyway, because even the cheapest of smartphones can play Music.

A $800-1000 smartphone isn't going to compete with or indeed replace Sony's Z series flagship Walkman, which is by itself $1000. Audiophiles will still buy it. Its volume is low, so its price is high as are its margins. Simple. Problem solved.

Why would I buy a pocket camera if pics from my phone are more than enough to me?
- Most of ppl wont see difference between a photo taken by a flagship and a pocket camera

Stop making cheap $100-250 cheap point-and-shoots. Simple. Even if Sony's smartphones don't take better photos than their point-and-shoots; Samsung, Apple, Google and even goddamn Huawei for Christ's sake, sure as hell do! So in the end, you're making a worse smartphone for no reason, and in the end you'll succeed in only sell fewer point-and-shoots and fewer smartphones. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Meanwhile, no matter how good a smartphone camera gets, it will never compete with the RX-series cameras, or Sony's a6X00 series or Sony's a7x/a9 series mirrorless cameras. Nor will they compete with Sony's CineAlta professional bodies. So why not make the best possible smartphone camera? It only makes sense.

The point is don't compete at the low end. Let your flagship products cannibalise your cheap garbage products.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-04-11 20:26 ]
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 22:07
Totally agree with XYZ and badassmam.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore Sony fan. Don't even consider other phones at all but sometimes truth is bitter and unpleasant.
Any way let's hope for the best. Hopefully that Monday announcement rumor turns out to be right.
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2018-04-11 21:22 ]
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 23:40
It is not that simple..

These companies do have many different ways to earn money.
Smartphones can cannibalise other stuff..

Computers, cameras and tablets are facing less sales than they used to years ago.
Many ppl.just choose to have a phone instead of them.
Focusing only on high end products is very risky.

For example : In 2016 the Galaxy J3 was the 2nd best seller of their phones.
What if they decided to sell only S and Note?
Of course they would lose clients.

Many products with wide price range is important for success.
Alpha 6xxx series is important too, same way Alpha 9 is.
Clients have different needs and amount of money they can spend.

I dont expect XZ2p to have the performance of latest RX camera. Because the RX has 1" sensor.
But what if the phone had a 1" sensor too, would you still buy the RX plus XZ2 for example or just XZ2p?
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-04-11 22:42 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-11 23:54
Was looking at the GSM Arena review of the P20 Pro. Using their compare tool it still baffles me that the XZ2 seems to pick up more detail in objects than the S9 Plus and P20 Pro, both in good and low light. I feel Sony's got a good foundation to start with, but hopefully with the dual cam and fusion processor they can finally fully round out their product.

I remember some years ago a Sony rep had made a comment along the lines of their goal being to advance image sensors to the point where you don't need a flash. With cameras like the A7 series they've certainly done a great job there. Let's hope this new effort on their part is a similar leap for the smartphone division.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 00:54
Yes if you use GSMArena photo tool , the XZ2 slaughter P20 Pro.
Difference is huge.
P20p samples are not much different from X Perf or XZ.

vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 03:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwxQNkmezpQ

Amazing battery performance for the XZ2 Premium, coming in just a hair behind the S9+ and with the P20 Pro leading the pack.

If we're getting a larger battery on the Premium and possibly some energy saving benefits from an OLED screen then the Sony should be one of the longest lasting phones around.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 08:28
The thing that work really great on P20 Pro is it long exposure without tripod aka night mode.

Normal shot is just meh...
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 08:46
Hmm, from what I understand the P20 Pro uses the cameras together to take simultaneous pics. At least that's what the GSM Arena analysis said. I have to imagine the Sony dual cam would be the same with the fusion processor. Does the P20 Pro or any other phone have a dedicated image processing chip like that?
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 11:19
A tear down of P20p was done, they suspect all cameras have OIS.
Impossible for a phone without OIS take blur free pics when shutter is 5s for example.

The gsmarena tool samples of XZ1 is better than s8, pixel 2 and iX. But they dont consider it better.
So the fact the samples of XZ2 are better might not mean anything.

Can somebody post the picture of link.below please?
It is important

https://i1.wp.com/gazyekichi-[....]8vgj30hs11ydo1.jpg?w=440&ssl=1
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-04-12 10:24 ]
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 11:36
Too bad I can't read it...

[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2018-04-12 10:36 ]
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-04-12 11:47
Translation ( GOOGLE TRANSLATOR APP CAN TRANSLATE PHOTOS TOO, ๐Ÿ˜„)

2018 Sony XPERIA โ€œSpring New Product Launch Conference invites you to visit on April 17, 2018 (Tuesday)
Location 751D-PARK Beijing Design Fashion Plaza Central Hall (D-PARK, 2 Jiuxianqiao Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing Beijing Club A)

14:00 - 14:30 Sign in
14:30 - 16:30 New product launch
16:30 - 17:00 Product Experience

So, looks like they will spend 2 hours talking about the products.
Must be a lot to be said tho.

EDIT: Look at the pic, what is above XZ2 ... ๐Ÿ˜†
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-04-12 12:31 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 237238239 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic