Posted: 2018-03-22 22:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Xperia XZ2 Pro and XZ2 Premium, Both 4K screen

Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-22 22:19
@Rac which one is the main phone? Except screen and maybe the jack , whats different?
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2018-03-22 23:13

On 2018-03-22 22:07:34, ADIDA wrote:
Xperia XZ2 Pro and XZ2 Premium, Both 4K screen

One of them is OLED display, he does not know which is. Both using 4k display. Highly we will not see XZ 3 series later half of this year ~
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-22 23:43
So let's supposed info is true.

I would like to see both with same design and same specs.
Screen FPS and dual cam included.
Just different screen type and colors.
Pro with LCD and colors copper ( z3+), blue ( xzs) and black.
Premium with oled and colors chrome and gold.

Design of Neo V would be welcome too.
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 00:10

On 2018-03-22 23:43:23, Moe87 wrote:
So let's supposed info is true.

I would like to see both with same design and same specs.
Screen FPS and dual cam included.
Just different screen type and colors.
Pro with LCD and colors copper ( z3+), blue ( xzs) and black.
Premium with oled and colors chrome and gold.

Design of Neo V would be welcome too.

Sunlight legibility above 4 for both phones ~
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 12:12
The 118Q does not look 18:9 to me like the 474U
Subhamstylo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 12:43
One with normal 4k scrren and another one with 4k oled 16:9 ratio will be great..(maybe special edition anniversary model), I wish under glass fp scanner also!!
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 15:02
Phonearena scored XZ2 an 8, and XZ2 Compact at 7.5.

XZ2 compact reaches an impressive 746 nits maximum brightness and a whopping 0 nit minimum brightness, I've never seen an LCD phone reaching 0 nit of minimum brightness before.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2018-03-23 14:08 ]
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 15:10
GSMArena scored them 8.6 and 9.

Cons of PA review: slippery ( I dont know how curved back can be slippery), does not work on Verizon/Sprint

It is ridiculous
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 15:55

On 2018-03-23 15:10:36, Moe87 wrote:
GSMArena scored them 8.6 and 9.

Cons of PA review: slippery ( I dont know how curved back can be slippery), does not work on Verizon/Sprint

It is ridiculous

And here I thought this time PA would do something different, considering their initial review was good.. Their cons for sony phones are always ridiculous.. It just is obvious that they try too hard to find some cons.. They say the camera is average while all other sites, GSMarena and real picture comparison show that it is actually quite good.. PA would always worship Apple and Samsung..

As for the new phones, a little bird of mine said something about September release.. But I won't bet on that.. It's unreliable.. But then again the bird did say that there would only be xz2 and compact this mwc..
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 18:47

On 2018-03-23 12:43:17, Subhamstylo wrote:
One with normal 4k scrren and another one with 4k oled 16:9 ratio will be great..(maybe special edition anniversary model), I wish under glass fp scanner also!!

Just hope it is not pentile, which it very likely will be....
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 20:16
We dont know if screen will come from LG.
Also Sony can make clear they want RGB instead of crap pentile.
Just like the TV. No TV has pentile.
Glyptho
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 22:00
Hi,
There is information about the new dual camera on androsplus blog. https://androplus.org/Entry/6362/
Here is the entire translation from google translate :

The next Xperia has a dual camera "Fusion", the front camera moves to the lower bezel
Among mods and applications to be introduced on this site, modifications to system files and those deeply involved in the system will require rootization and recovery (unless it is specified as no rooting required). Please install at your own risk. Also, the use of equipment that is not suitable for technology is self-responsibility.

The next Xperia has a dual camera "Fusion", the front camera moves to the lower bezel
As the firmware of Xperia XZ2 was uploaded to the server, I looked through the system immediately and the description of the dual camera already existed in the camera application.

Scheduled to have MWC announced module
Xperia's camera application is SemcCameraUI-xxhdpi-release.apk, but I found that there is already one for dual cameras in the resources.

Here is the explanation that is supposed to be displayed when the dual camera is turned on for the first time.

By using dual cameras, you can shoot beautiful pictures with noises in dark scenes such as indoors and night scenes. The two cameras operate at the same time as necessary, and automatically switch to take pictures with ultra-high sensitivity according to the shooting scene.

When shooting a movie using a dual camera, let it be more than 1 meter away from the subject. If it is too close to the subject, disparity of the viewpoint and disorder of color may occur when photographing with super sensitivity.

If you want to take close-ups, you can select No and select to use only one camera. If you want to use a dual camera later, you can switch with the button on the shooting screen.

In manual mode you can switch dual cameras manually. Turn on when you want to take pictures with noise suppressed in dark scenes, turn off when you want to take close-ups of the subject.

Many of the character string names include "cam_strings_fusion_setting_txt" and "fusion", and you can see that we plan to install "Fusion Image Signal Processor" which is the image sensor / camera module released at MWC.

Moreover, it was confirmed that ISO was up to 51200 as it was in the announcement.

As SOMC uses one APK on the same platform for the same period of time, it is expected that Xperia with dual camera will be announced in the near future.

As mentioned above, there are also notes that it is not suitable for shooting at close range, or there is a note of "It is not possible to shoot continuously when the dual camera is ON", so there are more limitations than normal shooting However, it seems good to be able to take super high sensitivity shooting easily with a smartphone.

Next period Xperia has a front camera at the bottom?
Also, in the camera application, "Image showing that there is a front camera on the lower bezel" was included.

At the bottom of the front camera is a front camera
In particular, since the upper and lower bezels are not narrowing, probably it is supposed that the space to attach the front camera to the upper part is missing and it is inevitably moved to the lower part because it is equipped with the dual camera.

Ultra high sensitivity auto
Ultra high sensitivity Auto button image was created, but since the tutorial image was in a state of making, we could not find a figure other than the image diagram with the front camera at the bottom.

I'm really eager to see the real deal!

In an other previous article , Androplus also mention that there was the code in XZ2 to support double tap to wake. I would really like Sony to re-emplement this feature that I use everytime on my Z2
[ This Message was edited by: Glyptho on 2018-03-23 22:19 ]
Glyptho
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 22:10
is it OK to post translation like that or should I just post link to source site?
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2018-03-23 22:53

On 2018-03-23 22:10:18, Glyptho wrote:
is it OK to post translation like that or should I just post link to source site?

I'd post the link as well in case some users who can read the original article can maybe get more info from it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 213214215 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic