Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 04:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-02-25 04:18:29, tai020381 wrote:
First 4k OLED display

The rumours have stopped regarding the pro.. It's unusual you know.. It has gained fcc certification and it's highly unlikely that sony will unveil it later in a press conference of their own.. So what's the reason to delay?
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 04:30
I guess all phones with 845 will record 4K HDR. Which allows S9 too.
It must be something else than 1080p super Slow Mo.

Lin Zhiyuan ( Sony Taiwan) said the focus is ENTERTAINMENT.
All Sony services : movies, games and music.

So, I believe XZ2 must have better audio quality than XZP.
Music app is already really great. I do like it.
The new screen probably has better quality compared to XZ1.

Lin also says about 5G, Tokyo will host next Olympics..

The first paragraph of the article says that the 4K oled is for MWC.

https://money.udn.com/money/story/5641/2969623
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-02-25 05:24
If and its a big if Sony do announce a new Pro/Premium model tomorrow and it does indeed have a 4K OLED display with everything the XZ2 has plus a few extras then surely it'll steal the show at MWC. Samsung aren't bringing anything new that we know about so far and the variable appature has been done before and their design is 99% the same as last years models too. C'mon Sony shock the world and release the beast!!
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 05:27

On 2018-02-25 05:24:35, XperiaJunkie wrote:
If and its a big if Sony do announce a new Pro/Premium model tomorrow and it does indeed have a 4K OLED display with everything the XZ2 has plus a few extras then surely it'll steal the show at MWC. Samsung aren't bringing anything new that we know about so far and the variable appature has been done before and their design is 99% the same as last years models too. C'mon Sony shock the world and release the beast!!

XJ so you too haven't heard anything about the pro? God.. Seems like it would forever remain an if.. Sony really did have a great chance to one up Samsung this time.. 😭😭😭😭
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-02-25 05:33
I think we all know such a device exists its just a case when it'll be announced. I'm hoping for MWC but if its IFA then I guess we'll just have to wait lol
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:00
I have a feeling that in a couple of hours, someone will leak more photos about what's for tomorrow.
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:15

On 2018-02-24 15:19:36, AlvinZahranM wrote:

I live in Indonesia. Their last phone here is Z5 series, they're still selling them here today. Yup, Sony fans here purchased their 2016 and newer phones online. It is because of the country's regulation for 4G phones.

Oh, I see and remember that even Apple also did investment to Indonesian market to meet regulatory there.

///////////////////////////////

On 2018-02-24 12:20:56, maiaramdan wrote:
Honestly guys
What SONY's management cares about mostly is the sales numbers, and from the initial comments from major anti SONY tech sites "either writers or commenters" and how much they liked it and how much they are feeling it's a step in the right direction if this is also translated to sales it will be a hit that SONY mobile needs from long time ago

They praise it at first sight, and I'm quite certain these nuisance media

shall make complaint about how slippery the device when come into final review

It way happened before with Xperia Z3 which only the series that has round body exterior design.

/////////////////////////////

On 2018-02-24 12:21:43, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Why not just wait until you see it with your own eyes before casting judgement. There's a lot of of negativity on here from a bloody photo! How many times have they actual devices looked better in the real world than on a screen?

Pretty much all them if you ask me!! Just pipe down and wait until its released or at least some hands on impressions via YouTube.

The reason that I bashing it so hard, very simple.

The new design whatever it calling, didn't stand out of the rest compare to other devices launch in the past, from vivaz / the original x10 / nxt / omnibalance / loop surface always outshine in design term.

and the most disappointed thing is brought in some element of design cue from failure company, not acceptable! Apart of that, fingerprint sensor in the back center seperated from on/off button seriously?

Anyway, I never say unwishful curse to it, just not fit to my liking

On 2018-02-24 12:11:54, HxH wrote:
Good efforts of colours team, but to me overall design is bloody fail to impress!

Still hopefully new design can generate of sales to new potential customers (not me this time!)

////////////////////////////

On 2018-02-24 19:04:35, -XYZ wrote:

I suppose that is true. Except for the fact that all devices that will use an SD845 processor will have a considerably larger footprint than the XZ2 compact. The GS9, if we go by the S8, will start with a 5.8 inch screen. Which means its gonna be nearly an inch larger on the diagonal, compared to the 5.0 inch XZ2 compact. That much extra internal volume must have some impact on the device's thermal envelope. The XZ2 compact cannot be the same thickness as an S9, or indeed its bigger brother - the full-sized XZ2. How much thicker it actually needs to be? I dunno; I'm no electronic or thermal design engineer. However, I assume that Sony do employ these engineers to work on these phones. Such a design choice would not be made without reason. They wouldn't make the phone unnecessarily thick, without reason.

Additionally, the SoC being made on smaller and smaller dies doesn't account for other sources of heat within an electronic device. You also have the battery (lest we forget the exploding galaxies not 2 years ago) and the RAM - of which there is now more. There's also the fact that the compact lines of phones have had WAY bigger batteries than any other phone in their size class goes a long way to explain thicknesses. The XZ1 compact had what....a 2700mAh battery? That's enormous given its 4.7inch chassis. This new compact is rumoured to have a 2800mAh battery? All that takes up space. Unless you'd rather have a smaller battery too?

Finally, phone thicknesses is a point that has long since lost meaning. We're talking about devices that are for the most part thinner than 1cm. Shaving fractions of millimeters off device thickness at this point is nothing more than pointless dickwaving. There are diminishing returns. If a phone is 7-8mm thick, reducing it down to 6-7mm isn't really going to make any difference in terms of usability or indeed pocketability. Particularly when the phones seem to be getting taller and wider as the years go by.

I suppose however, your mileage may vary on this point. I for one, do not care if the XZ2 is going to be a slightly chubby phone. Ultimately it will have a negligible impact on its usability. Its still a small device relative to its competitors, and its ergonomics; given how curvaceous is, is undoubtedly better.

Oh thank you, finally some worthy argument here and there.

On 2018-02-25 04:10:30, AlvinZahranM wrote:

Oh, and what are the 3 world's firsts that will be introduced in MWC?

1. First 4K HDR recording
2. First FHD 960fps recording (?)

...and then?

The World's First 4K(60fps) HDR recording?
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:20

On 2018-02-25 05:33:17, XperiaJunkie wrote:
I think we all know such a device exists its just a case when it'll be announced. I'm hoping for MWC but if its IFA then I guess we'll just have to wait lol

XJ hope you're right and wrong.. IFA launch would be, IDK, untimely? I mean MWC launch is perfect time but IFA launch would be delayed..
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:45
What is the damn wrong with IFA launch time frame? I don't understand

Especially when new Pixel and Note and many others will be right around there too.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:49
They might reveal it but not luanching with the others in march but in the summer. Then most sites will criticize them being the same old Sony revealing thing earlyand launch much later.
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 06:50

On 2018-02-25 06:45:10, HxH wrote:
What is the damn wrong with IFA launch time frame? I don't understand

Especially when new Pixel and Note and many others will be right around there too.

Well there's already the rumored features right? So the other companies will now try to copy from that.. Maybe during IFA all the features won't be world's first? Just how Samsung's trying to copy Sony's slow mo.. So right now all the other OEMs are vulnerable.. Samsung has just made an okay flagship and htc and lg are waiting.. Right now is the perfect time to come up with a good phone with features which are unheard of.. All eyes would be on sony this MWC.. Everybody knows what Samsung would bring but Sony's is still uncertain.. If they can pull something up, then it would vastly affect sales and maybe they would be back again.. And if it would turn up to be a disappointment, then I am afraid there would be no hope.. Sony would never rise as people would just regard sony as 'meh'.. There are many expectations you know.. The xz premium laid down the foundations for these expectations.. It was a surprise launch with some hella good features.. Hope sony carries on that legacy and surprises us all.. But my hope's diminishing..
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 07:02
The only thing we know about the Premium (H81xx) that it has a 4K display. That's all.

But, I suggest that we shouldn't believe the Pro rumours (the one with dual 18+12 MP 1.38&1.33 micron cameras, 3420 mAh battery, 6GB RAM, and more) as it is totally fake.
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 07:06

On 2018-02-25 07:02:38, AlvinZahranM wrote:
The only thing we know about the Premium (H81xx) that it has a 4K display. That's all.

But, I suggest that we shouldn't believe the Pro rumours (the one with dual 18+12 MP 1.38&1.33 micron cameras, 3420 mAh battery, 6GB RAM, and more) as it is totally fake.

I know the slides were total bs.. But what's fishy is that we know of the 4k device from UAProf, don't we.. But they gave wrong info about the xz2 and compact.. So maybe sony changed their plans.. I mean earlier the UAProf did mention 16:9 ratio for the other phones, didn't it? Now they are 18:9..so maybe plans changed.. And the fcc certification was before the changing of plans?

Can it happen that any device that gets certification and still has certification to be removed.. Or to be not announced altogether..
[ This Message was edited by: Madmiraj_- on 2018-02-25 06:06 ]
livi_deluxe
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 07:13

On 2018-02-25 03:19:00, Madmiraj_- wrote:
Tomorrow's MWC presentation and only one teaser so far.. Sony really has to learn a thing or so about marketing and keeping up hypes.. I mean look at Samsung.. The phones have leaked so many times, there's nothing at all.. Still they are relentlessly teasing them, as if nothing has happened.. They are trying to keep up the hype.. But sony,? They just posted a cryptic tease 4-5days ago and that's that.. Sometimes I feel like they don't try at all, like they are much conservative.. Old fashioned even.. They have like the greatest advantage now.. Yes the design leaked, but nothing else is there now.. Only some parts of the phone.. Design leaked but specs and price, no? They should be teasing...

Keep in mind, Sony is doing in the Japanese way of marketing. Unlike Samsung, marketing is solely handled by the American counterparts. Given the old Samsung years, the Korean way of marketing wasn't creating great hype.
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 07:14

On 2018-02-25 07:06:08, Madmiraj_- wrote:

I know the slides were total bs.. But what's fishy is that we know of the 4k device from UAProf, don't we.. But they gave wrong info about the xz2 and compact.. So maybe sony changed their plans.. I mean earlier the UAProf did mention 16:9 ratio for the other phones, didn't it? Now they are 18:9..so maybe plans changed.. And the fcc certification was before the changing of plans?

Can it happen that any device that gets certification and still has certification to be removed.. Or to be not announced altogether..
[ This Message was edited by: Madmiraj_- on 2018-02-25 06:06 ]

Yup, those slides were just the XZP page that was edited by someone on XperiaBlog. I could even see the "Inspect Element" bar at the bottom right of one of the pictures.

Well, Sony makes us confused. Props to them for keeping their mouth shut. Although, I want them to tease us more and promote the teaser via YouTube and Instagram, so everyone would know and be excited for the new phones.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161162163 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic