Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-29 22:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
that's why i said it's ALMOST as accurate haha.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-11-29 22:40
One thing I admire AIDA about.
How thick-skinned he is

No matter how we make fun of his stupid posts, he keeps posting.
Wish I had a nerve like his...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-11-29 22:53
Oh dear, building up expectations yet again. MWC and IFA will be very predictable, not so much CES as there could be some non-high end mobiles there. MWC is XA and some higher mid rangers, perhaps the equivalent XZ1S device. Don't be surprised if an XZ1 with slim bezel appears or identically designed XZ1 but with a new sensor, this is what Sony do every year. IFA will have the proper flagships. All this stuff about QHD and 6GB/128GB, you know that Sony goes for less and simply optimises as much as they can plus the current 1080p LCD is fantastic so why would they change?

Questions:
- OIS or dual camera or new sensor?
- how will low light performance be improved?
- new design with same footprint and big screen or small footprint and same screen?
- will fingerprint scanner move because of the design change?
- smartwatch and bands?
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-11-29 23:03
What we know: the new flag will have screen to body ratio of 78-80 % plus the aperture of camera will be lower. Most likely 1.8. It will be able to do 4K 60fps and superslowmotion at FHD. OIS is very likely. the pro version is already deep in R&D and release is very likely. Improvement to camera will be significant as the source called the cam seriously impressive. The thing I don't know is that will all models share the same camera? Traditionally they do but will that change? I'm afraid I can't answer anything in regards to design and the camera sensor as I'm clueless.
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-11-29 22:09 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-29 23:11
I think for sony to compete in the camera race, they will need to add OIS. there's no way around it anymore. It will improve low light performance for sure. secondly, they need to do better with their algorithms. The GOLD standard is Google right now and it's only going to get better with 8.1 being rolled out and the custom chip is enabled. Their AI powered image processing is industry leading and there is simply no one that comes close.

As for bezelless, sony needs to jump on that bandwagon as well to stay relevant and popular. They have been listening to fans and delivering quick updates, fixes and features, which is great. They have also been pushing for higher hardware specs in their true flagships as well, which should continue.

I'm excited to see what sony has to offer in 2018. But I think we won't see a real flagship til IFA.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-11-29 23:17
I agree. I can take awesome pics in manual mode but anything higher than 1/4 second shutter speed really needs tripod. I believe with lower F stop and OIS lowlight won't be a problem.

@Racsony
Exactly
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-11-29 22:21 ]
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-11-29 23:51
Guys, read the link I posted yesterday.
It is about a new stabilization system for Xperia.
Name is DYNAMIC VIBRATION SYSTEM.
It is on XB too.

Sometimes my AS Mode shows the tripod icon even when it is handheld.
But it keeps high ISO anyway.

@joseph

please, tell your sources users want to set SS and ISO same time not just one.
Do you know if any of IFA phones will have LCD? OLED issues concern me.
Higher brightness kills pixels faster, where I live is very bright. Many days without clouds up there.

Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 00:41
Hi Moe87,

Full Manual are now available on XZs, XZP, XZ1, XZ1C.

Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 01:08
Hey Arch....

I remember to see this when I read the reviews.
They said you choose an ISO value or SS.
Not both same time.
You choose one, the other goes auto.

If you set ISO 100 for example, phone chooses the SS it believes it's best at the moment.
Not like on other phones ( Samsung, LG, Huawei.... )

The older phones that had 8MP SCN.
The FIREWORKS/HIGH SENSIBILITY scenes could do ISO 12800 + 1s.
I do not know if current devices can.

Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 02:09
Here's camera ui of my XZ1.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-30 03:00
I can confirm what ArchDragoon is saying.

In manual mode, you CAN adjust ISO and shutter speed at the same time. Previously, if you went to adjust one, the other would switch back to AUTO, but with the latest update to oreo, you can adjust both. It is truly full manual. I just wish they allowed for longer shutter speeds than 1 second.

Also, i was just reading about google's visual core chip. Why can't sony do that? In their P&S cameras they have a bionz chip. They should do the same on their phones instead of the software bionz that is currently implemented. Perhaps that is why the phone image processing never compares to what their dedicated cameras can produce.

I was looking at some photos my brother took with his pixel 2 xl and wow.. it's just amazing what google's AI processing can do. makes me jealous for the first time EVER about another phone's camera.
moogoo
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 03:36
Funny comment I've always see in my country... SONY don't want to make a good camera for Xperia as it will affect sale of compact camera line...

Let see if what joseph has been told is true or false. The impressive camera of the next year's Xperia.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-30 04:05
yea i've heard that before. but no matter what Sony does, they can't fit a 1" sensor into a phone and make it slim. Those are for the dedicated cameras. So, even if they incorporated the same image processing power, the sensor and the lenses on actual cameras will always be superior. i don't think putting in better image processing will take away from their camera line. they'd be making more money overall cause they'd be selling more phones, which get replaced a whole lot more often than dedicated cameras.
moogoo
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 06:15

On 2017-11-30 04:05:39, moogoo wrote:
yea i've heard that before. but no matter what Sony does, they can't fit a 1" sensor into a phone and make it slim. Those are for the dedicated cameras. So, even if they incorporated the same image processing power, the sensor and the lenses on actual cameras will always be superior. i don't think putting in better image processing will take away from their camera line. they'd be making more money overall cause they'd be selling more phones, which get replaced a whole lot more often than dedicated cameras.

Well, I suppose in theory a 1" or close to 1" sensor could fit into a phone with that new design with lenses on the sensor. But at the same time that would likely increase the bill of materials for the phone significantly. But then again Sony is using a 1" sensor on practically everything so who knows...
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-11-30 08:29
@arch and @moogoo Thank you.. I did not know it was changed on android 8.

About camera, I've read same too. That in Japan ppl still carry pocket cameras and it brings good profits.
But everything we see on the phone comes from their cameras.
Phones will never replace cameras.
While imx300 has 7.87mm diagonal the Alpha have more than 35mm I guess.

A 10.5 mm diagonal with 20MP would be more than enough.
Behind f1.8 ( with it is possible to have natural colors, not like Samsung)

Something else...

Do you guys think some tech sites get money to say good or bad about phones before they review them?
I think it is a joke when U11 and XZP get lower score than some phones that do bring half they have.
I know ppl can have different experiences, but one website says the phone is amazing then another site says to be disappointed.
How is that possible?
It is like you give 9/10, then someone gives 7.7/10.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2017-11-30 07:49 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic