Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2018

Previous  123 ... 787980 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-01-21 07:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If it ment Sony can utilise the space taken up by the headphone jack and use for a larger battery or bigger speakers then I'm up for that but not for the sake of saving a bit cash by leaving it out.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 08:05
No disrespect to the photoshop skills but the design is ugly. They do not look as well executed as the S7 Edge so its already outdated. They should add some side bezel and trim the top and bottom, it may not affect the bezel ratio but it would look a lot better as you create the illusion that its even more bezel free like the G6 when the percentage says otherwise. The curves need to be subtle. I have a feeling they will look like the XA2....nice but not worth the hype.

If I'm travelling I need wired headphones for the battery, I do a lot of conferences so I can't rely on wireless. I sure hope they bundle some good headphones but that never happens in the UK.
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 08:29
Most of you get too excited too quickly.

The dimensions are for the whole phone... The width of the phone and the display even if it is bezeless live XA2 cannot be almost equal or 1mm something. Even the XA2 has around 2mm screen and body gap on both left and right sides, so around 4mm difference between screen and phone width. So this phone seems to have an 18:9 display only... So it turns out that this phone has 76% stb ratio and not 81% which is still great for me if there are stereo speakers and slight curved top and bottom...

@ascariss can you please make another photo with 18:9 aspect ratio and top and bottom curved to be very subtle like viewing XA2 from the top or bottom...
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 10:04
but uaproof show 4k 16:9 screen
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 11:06
I have always used the jack.
I dont like the earphones that come with smartphones, so I buy the one I want.
The main problems are :

1) Price : usb c earphones will cost more, many ppl still like simple earphones because they dont understand about sound quality. So they end up with cheap options. And you can use from any brand.

2) software : what if the audio settings (DSEE HX, Clear Audio) dont work with earphones of other brand anymore? Something like this happens to HTC u11.

3) availability: Sony does not sell all accessories worldwide, in many markets the flagships dont come with fast charger. XZ here did not have even earphones in the box. What if I need a new usb c earphones? Also that dock to charge phones dont show up here since z3. There is another type of dock for Z3+ and following phones..

4) Since Z3, the usb can be used for audio. But jack was kept. Didnt they say last year there was no plan to remove jack?

5) like our friend BADASSMAM says, bluetooth earphone/headphones dont last much longer, ppl have to recharge often. Also with bluetooth on the battery drain increases.

6) The strongest of the 3 levels of STAMINA works like it used to be on android J, K and L. It turns off things when screen is off. What if NFC/bluetooth goes off too? How can you use?

I remember that few models of Sony Ericson feature phones used same port for audio/electricity.
It was really bad. I remember my earphones died and price of new ones was about 1/8 of what the cellphone costed.
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 11:24
Removing the audio jack is the worst thing ever... It's not that big that it would be a problem to continue using in a phone and when current phones easily fit a jack even bezeless ones than there is just no justification to remove it... For most purposes we all have moved to Bluetooth like in the car or home audios but headphones are a different story altogether... Regular charging and battery life degradation with time are the reasons I have stayed away from Bluetooth headphones or a phone without a jack... Don't know why it would be a burden to keep including one in future models... I would be very sad if my next xperia doesn't have the jack... Will have to compromise by carrying an adapter all the time...
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 12:10
So... is this for real ?

BTW I'm happy if SONY going to remove the headphone jack from Xperia which might mean they're going to stop using qualcomm DAC
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
astider
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 12:40
Just my wild imagination, what if the new Xperia is the first smartphone to feature 4.4mm balanced audio jack?
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 12:45

On 2018-01-21 12:40:17, astider wrote:
Just my wild imagination, what if the new Xperia is the first smartphone to feature 4.4mm balanced audio jack?

Stop that imagination. It wouldn't be good to have 4.4mm on phone. I own PHA-2A and I can say that it use a lot of power and does heat up when using 4.4mm for a while.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
astider
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 12:50

On 2018-01-21 12:45:43, Archdragoon wrote:

On 2018-01-21 12:40:17, astider wrote:

Stop that imagination. It wouldn't be good to have 4.4mm on phone. I own PHA-2A and I can say that it use a lot of power and does heat up when using 4.4mm for a while.

I tried Walkman with 4.4mm jack and the sound was great. but you're right, it draw more power than 3.5mm ...and that's not good lol
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 14:53
Removing 3.5mm jack and finding space for battery?
Thats total bullshit move
I hope sony dont go on a suicide mission
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 15:09
If anyone see the patent photo closely
You will see that there's a junction from the wire outed from the usb-c it will have 3.5 for any headphone in one end and the other end another usb-c for charging

So it will be like 2 in 1 combo
X350
C702 Cyan
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 15:34

On 2018-01-21 11:06:12, Moe87 wrote:
I have always used the jack.
I dont like the earphones that come with smartphones, so I buy the one I want.
The main problems are :

1) Price : usb c earphones will cost more, many ppl still like simple earphones because they dont understand about sound quality. So they end up with cheap options. And you can use from any brand.

2) software : what if the audio settings (DSEE HX, Clear Audio) dont work with earphones of other brand anymore? Something like this happens to HTC u11.

3) availability: Sony does not sell all accessories worldwide, in many markets the flagships dont come with fast charger. XZ here did not have even earphones in the box. What if I need a new usb c earphones? Also that dock to charge phones dont show up here since z3. There is another type of dock for Z3+ and following phones..

4) Since Z3, the usb can be used for audio. But jack was kept. Didnt they say last year there was no plan to remove jack?

5) like our friend BADASSMAM says, bluetooth earphone/headphones dont last much longer, ppl have to recharge often. Also with bluetooth on the battery drain increases.

6) The strongest of the 3 levels of STAMINA works like it used to be on android J, K and L. It turns off things when screen is off. What if NFC/bluetooth goes off too? How can you use?

I remember that few models of Sony Ericson feature phones used same port for audio/electricity.
It was really bad. I remember my earphones died and price of new ones was about 1/8 of what the cellphone costed.

Agree with you
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 17:29
I forgive the removal of jack if they make a phone able to to this..

http://www.slashleaks.com/wp-content/uploads/ar.png
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-01-21 16:35 ]
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-21 18:36
Source insider: 2018 purchase standards: Xiaolong 845, LCD screen, waterproof, open source, single camera, memory card, no ads.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 787980 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic