Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia XZ1 Announced

Author Sony Xperia XZ1 Announced
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-20 08:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The QUESTION:
How to disable the function which changes the colour of the dark Ui elements according to the
surrounding lighting? It changes the keyboard, the dropdown menu etc, while other elements stay the same.
Adaptive brightness is OFF here and the phone still performs this.
a w a r e
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-10-20 08:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
nah, I try to find out about that but can't find too.
Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-20 13:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
One more:
Where the f... is magnyfying glass on text input??!
a w a r e
Tjobbs
Model not set
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
Posts: 13
PM
Posted: 2017-10-20 13:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HDR is now working on YouTube for the XZ1..
I looks really really good!!
[ This Message was edited by: Tjobbs on 2017-10-20 12:14 ]
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
Joined: Aug 25, 2003
Posts: > 500
From: Ireland
PM
Posted: 2017-10-20 14:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I miss the Picture widget
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-20 16:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-20 13:14:21, Tjobbs wrote:
HDR is now working on YouTube for the XZ1..
I looks really really good!!
[ This Message was edited by: Tjobbs on 2017-10-20 12:14 ]


How do you enable this?
a w a r e
hboy857
Model not set
Joined: Nov 11, 2015
Posts: 141
PM
Posted: 2017-10-21 04:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah, this happened. Chinese crap Huawei is now ranked second best in dxomark. They specially praise mate 10 for it's outstanding photo quality.
https://www.dxomark.com/huawe[....]nding-still-image-performance/
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-10-21 08:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I wonder if Xperia with dual camera rumor is true what mark will it get from dxomark...
Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-21 09:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
DxO mark is a joke.
They've changed the methodology just to put desired phones to the top.
They definitely test phones which are supposed to be tested only.
They also put the Pixel 2 there the day it was announced - c'mon, it was set up.
Xperia XZ Premium suddenly much lower than X, even if X was close to the top?
This site is another advertising platform now.

The only thing I care about is a life performance documented by users on web.
And my own experience.
99% tests made on auto in certain conditions only - sorry but it's very far from any professional approach.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2017-10-21 08:46 ]
a w a r e
Tjobbs
Model not set
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
Posts: 13
PM
Posted: 2017-10-21 09:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-20 16:37:53, doministry wrote:

On 2017-10-20 13:14:21, Tjobbs wrote:
HDR is now working on YouTube for the XZ1..
I looks really really good!!
[ This Message was edited by: Tjobbs on 2017-10-20 12:14 ]


How do you enable this?




Just go in to YouTube and search for HDR videos and play it
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-21 11:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I thought it's a general YouTube feature
a w a r e
hboy857
Model not set
Joined: Nov 11, 2015
Posts: 141
PM
Posted: 2017-10-21 11:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm not saying Dxomark is not the sole determinator of how good the smartphone camera really is. But you can't deny that the phones that are usually in the top ranking in dxomark ranking are generally the best camera phones.
Of course there is practice of receiving money form companies. But It's better than Displaymate which don't do anything just publish the paper samsung's marketing department give them.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-21 18:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-21 11:39:46, hboy857 wrote:
I'm not saying Dxomark is not the sole determinator of how good the smartphone camera really is. But you can't deny that the phones that are usually in the top ranking in dxomark ranking are generally the best camera phones.
Of course there is practice of receiving money form companies. But It's better than Displaymate which don't do anything just publish the paper samsung's marketing department give them.

Of course they wouldn't put an Alcatel phone on top. It would stink too much.
But just look at places like Pocketnow and what is their main interest, how they choose devices to test.
And how they choose what is a feature and what is disadvantage, depending on the context.
I rather trust places like GSMarena these days....
a w a r e
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Saudi Arabia/India,Cochin
PM
Posted: 2017-10-23 07:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-21 18:03:02, doministry wrote:

On 2017-10-21 11:39:46, hboy857 wrote:
I'm not saying Dxomark is not the sole determinator of how good the smartphone camera really is. But you can't deny that the phones that are usually in the top ranking in dxomark ranking are generally the best camera phones.
Of course there is practice of receiving money form companies. But It's better than Displaymate which don't do anything just publish the paper samsung's marketing department give them.

Of course they wouldn't put an Alcatel phone on top. It would stink too much.
But just look at places like Pocketnow and what is their main interest, how they choose devices to test.
And how they choose what is a feature and what is disadvantage, depending on the context.
I rather trust places like GSMarena these days....



This was explained by MKBHD. DXOMark sort of became a marketing standard now and hence makers submit their phone to them in order to get them tested so that they can use it for marketing at launch.

If they were paid for false reports how would they chose between Google, Samsung & Apple? All are rich enough to buy them off and Sony would have never made it to the list in that case. Methodology was altered to feature newer trends and options available in the market. Its funny that Samsung, Sony, Apple & Google users all accuse DXO whenever their phone loses a point
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-23 07:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-23 07:05:36, Ranjith wrote:

On 2017-10-21 18:03:02, doministry wrote:

On 2017-10-21 11:39:46, hboy857 wrote:
I'm not saying Dxomark is not the sole determinator of how good the smartphone camera really is. But you can't deny that the phones that are usually in the top ranking in dxomark ranking are generally the best camera phones.
Of course there is practice of receiving money form companies. But It's better than Displaymate which don't do anything just publish the paper samsung's marketing department give them.

Of course they wouldn't put an Alcatel phone on top. It would stink too much.
But just look at places like Pocketnow and what is their main interest, how they choose devices to test.
And how they choose what is a feature and what is disadvantage, depending on the context.
I rather trust places like GSMarena these days....



This was explained by MKBHD. DXOMark sort of became a marketing standard now and hence makers submit their phone to them in order to get them tested so that they can use it for marketing at launch.

If they were paid for false reports how would they chose between Google, Samsung & Apple? All are rich enough to buy them off and Sony would have never made it to the list in that case. Methodology was altered to feature newer trends and options available in the market. Its funny that Samsung, Sony, Apple & Google users all accuse DXO whenever their phone loses a point




No. I just use logic and intellect that's it.
Their "taste" suddenly changed, they've posted the Pixel review they day it was launched,
they were definitely treated differently by some makers.
They don't even test all the devices on the market.
The more I know, more I see. I see the game.
The same refers to many review channels which are definitely sponsored to some extent.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic