Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-16 11:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-07-16 05:11:54, Gitaroo wrote:

I think they are skipping Canada on this and go straight to zx1 line up or whatever coming year end.

Is this based off of a source or a guess? From the Mobile Syrup website Sony told them they are working with partners to bring the XZ Premium to Canada, but that was a month ago. It's still listed on the Sony Mobile Canada website.

Yeah, worst case I might look at the UK as a source. Gonna have to decide soon
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-16 12:03

On 2017-07-16 00:35:59, moogoo wrote:
@vivftp - just get it from the UK. i don't know if you have to pay import costs but i saved a TON of money by importing from the UK, not to mention having full fingerprint sensor functionality. sorryto hear about your Z ULTRA!

@Tsepz - as the reply in your screenshot shows, someone already told her at least the Grand Tour is available in 4K. All you have to do in the amazon video app is scroll down until you see the UHD category and any content that's available in 4K will be there. Grand Tour is 4K HDR and it is GORGEOUS.

I think she needed some guidance. A screenshot may help, hopefully she sees XJ's one.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-16 12:25
I even done a screen recording guiding her and sent that too and if she can't find it from there she's not as clued up as she claims to be.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-07-16 11:33 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-16 21:35
Ok, I think I'm gonna just order the phone from Clove UK. With FedEx shipping it works out to about $932 Canadian, plus based on my research I'm anticipating paying an extra $100 or so on taxes once it gets here. I was hoping to make it to IFA to see what they announce but I don't think I can wait anymore. The XZ Premium seems to hit all the points I want out of my new phone and I should be happy with it for the next couple years I think.

Other than the obvious fact that the UK power plug won't be of any use to me, is there anything else I should be aware of before I place the order? I'll be getting a case, but still trying to decide which one I want. I'm currently looking at the following 3 selections:

https://www.amazon.ca/Xperia-[....]=8-99&keywords=xz+premium+case

https://www.amazon.ca/Xperia-[....]r=8-1&keywords=xz+premium+case

https://www.amazon.ca/MYLB-Xp[....]=1&refRID=6VPF2KPKPP2ZSBWBM93G
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-16 21:57

On 2017-07-16 11:39:34, vivftp wrote:

On 2017-07-16 05:11:54, Gitaroo wrote:

I think they are skipping Canada on this and go straight to zx1 line up or whatever coming year end.

Is this based off of a source or a guess? From the Mobile Syrup website Sony told them they are working with partners to bring the XZ Premium to Canada, but that was a month ago. It's still listed on the Sony Mobile Canada website.

Yeah, worst case I might look at the UK as a source. Gonna have to decide soon

Guess based on an article I saw. It said something about sony not sure if they will bring xzp to Canada, article is probably even older than the one you read. I think it make sense to skip consider how close the next flagship will be reveal at ifa.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-17 05:59
Well, my order is placed. Once Clove validates the ID I had to send them they'll be sending my shiny new XZ Premium

For now I just ordered this case so I'll have something while still being able to admire the phones beauty.

https://www.amazon.ca/Xperia-[....]r=8-1&keywords=xz+premium+case

If I need something else I'll order it later
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-17 19:13
vivftp - that is the exact case i ordered after my roxfit one shattered from a simple knock on a cabinet! it is a beautiful case and although it is "soft" it's very solid and you definitely can feel the quality and trust that it will protect the phone in case it drops. in addition to the case, i also got the skinomi screen protector. it's not glass, but it fits perfectly over the curved glass and having the case on top doesn't bother it one bit. those curved glass screen protectors come right off with a soft case like the one we ordered. that's all i have and my XZP is working like a dream. i couldn't be happier with my phone, the case, and screen protector.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-18 08:15
Watched a video on the application of a skinomi screen protector. Seems quite involved. I'm debating even getting a screen protector... I dunno.

Anyways, phone should be here by Wednesday. I can't wait!!!
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-18 14:53
Can anyone outside of the UK who has an XZ Premium confirm that Amazon Prime video works in 4K on the device itself?

Erica Griffin claims that its only available in the UK as it didn't work her as she's in the US.
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-18 20:11
@vivftp - the application process is not that complicated and it is very forgiving. Even if you totally mess it up, they will send you a new one to try again. But the liquid is NOT an adhesive, so it won't immediately stick when you put it on. it gives you time to move it around and make it perfect. just do it at night before bed so it has time to dry and set before you use your phone again. I would definitely recommend it. I didn't think I needed a screen protector until one day i noticed a light scratch on my glass above the top speaker. I was heartbroken that my perfect phone was blemished. The screen protector hides that scratch but I know it's there. DOn't let it happen to you! The screen protector is cheap and easier to replace with its lifetime warranty than your phone's screen. worth it.

@XJ - I am in the US and can confirm without a doubt that 4K HDR content is available on amazon. Erica Griffin is clearly not as tech savvy or knowledgeable as she claims to be. It's not that difficult to find. As I said, you simply open the amazon video app, scroll down to "HDR" (last time I think it said UHD) and there you go. I've attached screenshots of my amazon video app here.

[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2017-07-18 19:14 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-19 03:09
Hi, I have had my XZP replaced already! After dipping in dessert sands, took to swim in the pacific, then bringing it Jaccuzzi, the device failed on me. It started vibrating like mad, and nothing can stop it. After washing the device with tap water, the vibration finally stopped. But then, another problem occurs. When the camera started for over 10 seconds, a mist started building up in the camera, and everything becomes blurred.

Took to the service centre for repair, after 6 hours, they gave me a new phone, saying that they would like to return the device to their office for further investigation.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-19 04:51
Lol... You do realize that no phone would survive that abuse, right?
moogoo
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-07-19 10:18
Dude, you need one of those JCB phones.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-07-19 19:00
Actually an IP68 certified phone should take these actions with no problem.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2017-07-19 18:00 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-19 19:09

On 2017-07-19 19:00:36, admad wrote:
Actually an IP68 certified phone should take these actions with no problem.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2017-07-19 18:00 ]

The XZ Premium is only freshwater safe so swimming in the ocean would invalidate any warranty so to get a replacement is very lucky. They could have not bothered replacing the phone if they knew that.
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 545556 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic