Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-03-02 21:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Agree. The gsmarena guy who did the mini review on XZ Premium was being bias, especially on the chrome version. Because it is really beautiful so he is trying to discredit the design because of fingerprints and other useless things when Apple iPhone jet black and even the LG G6 are not any better in that regards.

And he said that LG G6 is nice and the best device of MWC 2017 when it is ugly and using last years hardware and overpriced! He praised the bezel-less design but in reality, with that weird aspect ratio, there's no real advantage to it really. You are just ending up with black bars on the side when viewing horizontally.

He even complained about the battery when LG G6 has a bigger display nd uses a li-po battery which is known to have a lower chardged density that li-ion.

I am so happy that phonearena was not able to play with working unit of XZ Premium. I have watched several videos on youtube where the reviewers were able to play with the device on.

The guy from theverge is totally biased. He has not even had his hands on the production unit of the device but he already complains about a lot of things.

Sony has been getting bad rep from these online reviewers. But at least, people are starting to notice that Sony phones are just as good, or maybe even better than the competition. Don't cheap out on marketing this time.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2017-03-02 21:11 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 16:32
And we thought the XZ Premium was expensive....
LG G6 is up for pre-order at £699
Go home LG you're drunk!
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 16:49
WOW...

just wow.

Sony might be the cheapest of the new flagships from MWC
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 17:15

On 2017-03-02 21:58:32, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Agree. The gsmarena guy who did the mini review on XZ Premium was being bias, especially on the chrome version. Because it is really beautiful so he is trying to discredit the design because of fingerprints and other useless things when Apple iPhone jet black and even the LG G6 are not any better in that regards.

And he said that LG G6 is nice and the best device of MWC 2017 when it is ugly and using last years hardware and overpriced! He praised the bezel-less design but in reality, with that weird aspect ratio, there's no real advantage to it really. You are just ending up with black bars on the side when viewing horizontally.

He even complained about the battery when LG G6 has a bigger display nd uses a li-po battery which is known to have a lower chardged density that li-ion.

I am so happy that phonearena was not able to play with working unit of XZ Premium. I have watched several videos on youtube where the reviewers were able to play with the device on.

The guy from theverge is totally biased. He has not even had his hands on the production unit of the device but he already complains about a lot of things.

Sony has been getting bad rep from these online reviewers. But at least, people are starting to notice that Sony phones are just as good, or maybe even better than the competition. Don't cheap out on marketing this time.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2017-03-02 21:11 ]

I watched all sorts of XZ Premium, LG G6 and BB KEYone hands-on and "reviews".

I am not really picking up bias, more like reviewers pointing out things they don't like in that particular device. E.g. Marques Brownlee pointing out how the LG G6 was not all that it's cut out to be with its near bezeless design, I also watched the GSMArena's and The Verge's videos, in all honesty I feel like you guys are being incredibly oversensitive, I understand you love Sony, but some little criticisms really don't mean bias.

With each device they seem to have something they like and dislike and each with a good reason why. None of what they said is neither here nor there, any mature adult can watch those videos and pick up on the fact that these guys are just giving an idea of what the device is like but neither are saying stay away from it.

The GSMArena guy is not "discrediting" anything lol, there are countless reviews that point out that S7 Black and iPhone 7 Jetblack are fingerprint magnets, including GSMARENA.

If you want nothing but positivity rather stick to Sony's press material.

So far I'm seeing nothing but excitment for the XZ Premium, each reviewer seems impressed and almost glad Sony are putting in a good effort, it's refreshing to see such excitment over a Sony phone.

I hope they push this thing hard in the USA for once, they could grow a nice market there, many of the reviewers seem to want to see more Sony that side.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 17:30

On 2017-03-03 16:49:01, moogoo wrote:
WOW...

just wow.

Sony might be the cheapest of the new flagships from MWC

The S8 is expect to be around £750 for the smaller one and £850 for the larger one too. So the XZP looks a bargain next to both the Samsung and LG.
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 17:58
tsepz - i think i saw someone mention somewhere on esato (yes i know, so specific), that sony was not going to target the US market. They have a real tough time here because they have such poor carrier relations and don't have the brand power they used to in the mobile phone world to give them the upper hand in carrier negotiations.

I know tmobile carried some sony devices in the last couple years, but they were definitely not heavily marketed. It's sad, but I think it will take a lot of money for Sony to push their way into the US market and they simply don't have that kind of cash right now. Yes, it takes money to make money. But it's a gamble for them where they can continue to do well and improve in their established markets. Time will tell.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 18:22

On 2017-03-03 17:58:10, moogoo wrote:
tsepz - i think i saw someone mention somewhere on esato (yes i know, so specific), that sony was not going to target the US market. They have a real tough time here because they have such poor carrier relations and don't have the brand power they used to in the mobile phone world to give them the upper hand in carrier negotiations.

I know tmobile carried some sony devices in the last couple years, but they were definitely not heavily marketed. It's sad, but I think it will take a lot of money for Sony to push their way into the US market and they simply don't have that kind of cash right now. Yes, it takes money to make money. But it's a gamble for them where they can continue to do well and improve in their established markets. Time will tell.

I guess that's understandable, why focus on a market where carriers will probably try bully them and try rebrand the phone's when they can focus on markets like Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East etc... where they have brand recognition and power. The USA isn't everything.

Nokia for years did well with their Nseries and Eseries globally with little presence in the USA.

I'm not buying a new phone this year but I'm glad I'll have the chance to try this out at my local Vodashop.

So who is getting this beast?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 18:25

^

ME!! and I can't wait. Just not sure on what colour to get though?
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-03 17:26 ]
They're in my head
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 19:21

On 2017-03-03 18:25:45, XperiaJunkie wrote:

^

ME!! and I can't wait. Just not sure on what colour to get though?
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-03 17:26 ]

That Luminous Chrome is the way to go, IMO!

It will stickout in the sea of glossy black Galaxy and iPhone.

The Chrome reminds me of those brushed metal and chrome timepieces from Audemars Piguet. It looks finely crafted rather than mass built.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 19:45
Deep sea black for me.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-03 20:34
I am torn but I think I'm going with the deep sea black as well. I've gone with all white for many years and then the forest blue XZ... i think that black is calling my name. come to the dark side it says...

@XJ - have to ask.. are you picking up a touch projector too? I like the product a lot but wish it had higher native resolution to make it a more robust theater projector. Granted, I know that is not it's primary focus, but I think it'd be a spec that would make them sell a lot more units. Otherwise, I think it's great for tabletop games with friends and family, planning trips, showing pictures, etc. Would love to see some real life usage on dark surfaces.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2017-03-03 19:38 ]
moogoo
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 21:42
I am with you people when it comes to the choice of colour.
Deep sea black has from what I have seen a slight blue hue, which looks great.

I used to say that Sony are cutting too many corners and fall short in terms of the complete experience.
Now with fast 64GB, proper 4K with HDR, improved and reduced MP with Motion Eye. I am completely sure I will be absolutely happy with the Xperia XZ Premium.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-03-04 06:26
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-S7-edge-iPhone-7-Plus_id91640

MOTION EYE VS THE CAMERA OF OTHER FLAGSHIPS
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-03-04 13:19
Some nice article to balance the biased reviews.

http://www.stuff.tv/features/[....]inally-make-me-ditch-my-iphone
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-04 15:54
Editor in chief of stuff.tv seriously thinking of ditching his iPhone 7+ for an XZ Premium

Thats some great praise right there!
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic