Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-06 18:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
MNX - that's exactly what i'm talking about in my post. I can see some very slight distortion on the horizontal lines at the top and bottom edges of center. but it's every where else. again, this is normal for a wide angle lens in most cases to have some slight distortion.

you gonna take the plunge?

ALSO - i've been searching for glass screen protectors and so far,e very single one i've found that seems to be "quality" has the colored bezels instead of being entirely clear. WHAT GIVES? I don't understand. is this something people want because they want to block the mirrored bezels on the phone?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-06 18:59
@moogoo I've ordered one from Amazon, it's due to arrive any day. I'll let you know what I think.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-06-06 20:01
Same issue when I was searching for a protector for my S8+. Not sure why when it's already black around the screen. Seems like that is the trend now. Just make sure they don't cover any of the sensor at the top....

Not yet, still trying to hold out! XD
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2017-06-06 19:01 ]
MusaD.Dragon
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2017-06-06 20:46
I ordered this screen protector https://www.bol.com/nl/p/just[....]emium-2-pack/9200000076009877/ sadly I dont think they ship outside Belgium/Netherlands. Wish I bought this one though https://www.bol.com/nl/p/muvi[....]E&suggestionType=searchhistory seems to be a perfect fit
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-06-07 17:12
So I've got mine pre-order today. It's a dual SIM version so it's a nice addition. I also have the lens distortion, it's pretty light but it's still here. Looks like a pincushion distortion to me, it should be fixable with software, nevertheless it's practically invisible in typical photos.

Overall the phone feels very nice, it's quite an update from my Z3. The microphones are at last high quality, but unfortunately, the LED flash is crap as usual :< Nowhere near the level of Xperia T for example, that's quite a shame.

Original
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-07 17:23
congrats admad!

yea i don't think the LED flash will ever been as nice as we would like. instead they are focusing on better sensors and lower aperture. enjoy your XZP
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-07 17:56
@admad welcome to the club!!
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-06-08 17:02
The phone is very nice (hardware wise). But software is tragic! I can't believe that a new device is packed with a software that is few years behind my previous phone...

On Z3 I had an USB mass storage option for file transfer between PC and SD card. Now it's gone, the only option for file transfer is an ultra crappy MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) which is very slow! What's the point of having USB 3.0, ultra fast SD cards when a file transferring method is limiting all that to ancient times. I intentionally bought high speed SD card for my new phone (128GB, read 100MB/s write 90MB/s) but I'm limited to 6MB/s due to shit transfer protocol? Are you kidding me?! LTE speeds are higher than cable transfer, oh the irony is killing me...

I made a test, copying a 1732 MB file to a phone external SD card. Here are the results:
Sony Xperia XZ Premium (SD card: Samsung 128GB micro SD SDXC Class 10 EVO+ UHS-I U3 100MB/s Edition, write speed 90MB/s)
Transfer time: 4m53s (293s) which gives a transfer speed of 5,9MB/s.

Sony Xperia Z3 (SD card: ADATA 32GB HC class 10, read speed 50MB/s, write speed 10MB/s)
Transfer time: 2m9s (129s) which gives a transfer speed of 13,4MB/s.

Z3 clearly wins with much slower card... I didn't use my new card there because that would totally smash XZ Premium. Before I got my new phone I did test Samsung card in my Z3, the writing speed was 30MB/s and it was limited by USB 2.0 on Z3. I was eager to see USB 3.1 on XZ Premium in action, but the result as you can see is tragic...

The next "surprise" is the Bluetooth music streaming. Track information is sent only once when the devices are connected (I stream music on my car radio). No update afterwards... So I get stuck with no information on what is being played at the moment, on Z3 everything worked fine. I guess that's thanks to new Bluetooth in XZ Premium -.-.

I'm really angry right now, basic functionality is limited to how things were 10 years ago, just great.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-08 21:02
admad - not sure i'm experiencing the same thing? When i plug my XZP into my PC, I get a popup on my phone. It asks if i want to install software. I decline. It then has a usb option in the notification bar, which i tap and select "transfer files". When I look on my windows file explorer, my XZP is listed as a mass storage device and I can click and drag files to and from without any issue.

I have not tried bluetooth streaming yet but I do that too and I will not be happy if it only sends the track information once. i'll let you know
moogoo
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-06-09 09:56
http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5025594/1/
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-06-09 17:12

On 2017-06-09 09:56:38, josephnero wrote:
http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/5025594/1/

Wow, I have UCB20 cable, I really didn't expect Sony would provide a USB 2.0 cable for a phone with USB 3.1 . Just wow... I understand now why the speed is not on par with expectations.

@moogoo , the transfer files option is an MTP protocol (which might look pretty good at the beginning, but it is a total nightmare when you actually use it). You cannot view a file, it has to be downloaded onto PC. Transfer speed is slow, and some files are just not shown... Example from today, I've made more tests but this time I used same SD card on both phones. Files that I transferred on my Z3 are not shown in MTP of XZ Premium. When I use file manage on XZ the files are there, but they are not shown on my PC. This is just tragic.

Please try bluetooth streaming, from what I've seen on Sony forums, the issue is present since Nougat update (on XZ), it was reported around 7 months ago but it looks like they did not fix that.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2017-06-09 16:12 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-10 01:37
how do you test the speed of your file transfer? what application do you use?

I use a usb 3.0 cable i have lying around. plugged it into my xzp and my usb3 port on my PC. once it came up, i select file transfer and i was able to browse and read/write files like any usb mass storage device. i don't see anything about MTP. it works as expected for me. i just don't know how fast it is transferring but it seems to be pretty quick. i dragged a 170mb file over and it didn't seem to take long at all.

anyway, i will test out the bluetooth streaming tomorrow and will report if mine sends the track info every time the song changes.
moogoo
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-06-10 09:44

On 2017-06-10 01:37:18, moogoo wrote:
how do you test the speed of your file transfer? what application do you use?

I use a usb 3.0 cable i have lying around. plugged it into my xzp and my usb3 port on my PC. once it came up, i select file transfer and i was able to browse and read/write files like any usb mass storage device. i don't see anything about MTP. it works as expected for me. i just don't know how fast it is transferring but it seems to be pretty quick. i dragged a 170mb file over and it didn't seem to take long at all.

anyway, i will test out the bluetooth streaming tomorrow and will report if mine sends the track info every time the song changes.

That's the way of MTP protocol, transfer speed is not shown. I simply copy a file and measure time with stopwatch. Then you have to divide the file size by time, and you get MB/s

If you want to see why you can't read from MTP, simply record a 4K video, and then try opening it via PC. It will first download the file to temp folder and then execute it from local drive, that's not reading a file, that's simply copying and watching on PC.

Just look at that picture, I'm testing "Videos" folder on my SD card (sorry for the language, it's in Polish). Total commander on my phone shows 27.7GB in 7 files (4 folders), while my PC shows total of 15.8GB in 5 files (1 folder). This is totally unacceptable for me.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-06-11 01:42
Gotcha. I'll have to give it a try later with some large files and see what happens.

I tried the Bluetooth streaming and the track information sent to my stereo with no problems whatsoever. It updated accurately when it started the next track on its own and also when I skipped through the tracks manually. I'll record a video and post the link in a bit.

and heres the link: https://youtu.be/F6_tSHgPG1I

just additional info.. i was streaming through spotify. not sure if it would be different if i were to play music stored on the SD card with the music app.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2017-06-11 01:14 ]
moogoo
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2017-06-11 08:58

On 2017-06-05 13:41:51, moogoo wrote:
...absolutely gorgeous phone. It's crazy fast and I am loving it.
I am not happy with the roxfit screen protector. it definitely takes away from the beauty of the device. it's just plain ugly. the hard case is ok but mine does not seem to fit as perfectly as I would have liked.

Agree to gorgeous and crazy fast.
My Roxfit case fits perfect and is almost "invisible".

My bike from late 1960 or early 1970:

My first XZP picture with default settings.
[ This Message was edited by: Maratonmannen on 2017-06-11 11:08 ]
Xperia™ 1 V @home
Xperia™ XZ Premium @work
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic