Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-11 20:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
At least the price announced is pretty good (£640) especially considering that S8 and S8 plus are expected to cost more . But it is a shame it is available for sale a month later to S8 and a lot longer to G6. Sony should really market it when it is available
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-12 01:38
they chose to do the 835 chip, so they have to make do with what's available.

and sony announced early so that people will hopefully choose to wait for it over other phones.

I think a lot of people will wait.

even when it comes out in June, it will still be just as good or even better than any other flagship on the market at the time. best chip available, good amount of ram and stand out features of screen and camera. no other manufacturer is really providing any WOW features so far, as far as I have seen.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-12 10:34
So it looks like the chrome option for the XZP will be a network exclusive here in the UK so it's going to be the DeepSea black colour option for me. I don't think I've been this excited for a new phone to launch for quite some time now.

I hope Sony increase their marketing budget for the XZP and mention some of the big awards it's won since it's announcement at MWC as stuff like that really helps with sales.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
owlsfan_72
T68i
PM
Posted: 2017-03-12 13:43
What network is it getting the chrome version XJ?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-12 14:04
^not a clue unfortunately, no online retailer is selling the Chrome colour so it's just really a guess that it will be a network exclusive.
They're in my head
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-12 15:56

On 2017-03-12 01:38:59, moogoo wrote:
they chose to do the 835 chip, so they have to make do with what's available.

and sony announced early so that people will hopefully choose to wait for it over other phones.

I think a lot of people will wait.

even when it comes out in June, it will still be just as good or even better than any other flagship on the market at the time. best chip available, good amount of ram and stand out features of screen and camera. no other manufacturer is really providing any WOW features so far, as far as I have seen.

Moogoo,

Can we please just get realistic here even for a second? You actually think people are going to wait? As in the masses who are now used to just buying the new Galaxy or new iPhone? As those are the people Sony are trying to get.

I can guarantee that between the time the new Galaxy is announced and launched there will be a huge Marketing drive from Samsung, do you honestly think people will sit and wait for the XZP when the more popular competitor is available? Take note the new Galaxy will also have the same SoC, as well as it's own internally developed SoC, plus take a bold new step with now Home key, their best Edge display since the Note 7 (yes it exploded, we know, but it's Edge display was the most user friendly to date). We will probably see some new Camera trickery in the S8, as well as things like Iris Scanner.
We are also talking about a competitor that is reeling from a PR nightmare WRT Note7​, do you think they will give Sony a break?

I just hate to sit and believe in what seems to be farfetched.

Sure, the small group of Sony faithful will wait, that is guaranteed, but the masses?

Let's call a spade a spade here, Sony did a great job here, but the release is far too late, after Galaxy it's iPhone and then Pixel, and due to no USA push the reviews will say "Wow, what a great BUT it's not available on US carriers", and then there is the Chinese competition that is eating up everybody's pie.

IMO, XZP will probably go under the radar as one of the underrated devices of 2017. Much like the HTC10 last year, a great device that quite simply got overshadowed by competition despite rocking the same hardware and great software.
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-12 16:40
Agreed with Tsepz_GP, it's just the truth what he is speaking...
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-12 16:49
I can't speak for everyone but I'll be waiting for sure.even if only core fans get XZP profit will be low but better than selling tons like LG and losing money
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-03-12 16:37 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-12 18:19
I'll be getting it as soon as I can, I think the buzz around the phone with the majority of blogs, websites and YouTube channels have nothing but praise for the phone. Yes it's got a big chin and forehead but it's balanced and you also get stereo speakers because of the bezels.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-12 17:27 ]
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-13 00:03
Tsepz - i think people will wait IF and ONLY IF Sony does some kind of marketing push. if they are resting on their announcement alone, then no. They will be long forgotten by the time the S8 rolls around. Sony needs to keep the XZP fresh in people's minds and make them remember why they wanted it and why they should wait. Maybe even do a samsung and attack the galaxy like they used to attack iphone users. for example, "oh your phone can't do 4K HDR?.. and you're paying how much?... interesting..."

The masses are easily swayed by good marketing. Sony just needs to put some effort into it. I think they can convert people for sure.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 05:14
I see only SONY fans waiting for it. Among the current market share, SONY is at the bottom which means those majority of the people are hard to be impressed and they will be put off by the release date no matter what the spec is. I just hope SONY tries to deliver at least a small quantity of their stock much earlier. This will at least keep people interested seeing the phone around in stores and with others and to the common folks..who knows maybe the "Out of Stock" status might get them thinking the phone is so great its selling hot

SONY has a winner on their hands..hope they market the damn thing well at least.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 07:29
At least the price announced is much bette than the one for S8 and especially S8 plus . Let's hope for Sony that people not willing to spend so much money (>£800) won't all rush to buy LG G6.

I really think that from the end of April / beginning of May Sony should start promoting this phone
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-13 09:27
Carphone Warehouse get UK exclusive on the chrome colour of the XZP.
https://www.carphonewarehouse[....]TESTPHONES_XPERIAPREREG_270217
They're in my head
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 11:02
People are conveniently ignoring the Xperia XZs with the same ultra slow motion cam is launching next month. Should bridge the gap for the xzp to make up. And much cheaper too.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 16:07
As great as the S8 could be all the leaks are suggesting that it will be expensive, iPhone expensive. Camera will be great but it won't do the super slow motion. It won't be 4K and with the great price of the XZP I think it'll be great competition. Now there is lots of great 4K content available and I just think that the time is right for Sony. If the S8 comes at a similar price then that's a different matter.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic