Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2017-03-07 12:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This thread now belongs to the right place now
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-07 12:47
Well Apple rarely brings anything new to the table and they do just fine. Samsung will sell truckloads of the S8 because it will be great all round so without a doubt it will be fast and have a decent camera etc. The screen is its biggest attraction and gives it a futuristic look. A side by side comparison of the S7 Edge and the XZP shows that the S7 is still very pretty a year on and as nice as the XZP is, you always wish that it had smaller bezels.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-08 05:37

On 2017-03-07 12:47:38, badassmam wrote:
Well Apple rarely brings anything new to the table and they do just fine. Samsung will sell truckloads of the S8 because it will be great all round so without a doubt it will be fast and have a decent camera etc. The screen is its biggest attraction and gives it a futuristic look. A side by side comparison of the S7 Edge and the XZP shows that the S7 is still very pretty a year on and as nice as the XZP is, you always wish that it had smaller bezels.

Here is the funny things about the S8/S8+

This will be the third generation of a wrap around no bezel screen - pretty much more of the same when the ownership high settles. Sure the camera on ANY new flagship will be better and SHOULD be else the employees of a company involved should be canned, immediately.

Higher resolution more of the same but most will not be able to tell the difference - we saw HUGE difference in the S6>S7 as well as teh Xperia Z5 Premium to current Premium but even with 4K vs 4K HD we're not going to really see much. Tint, Contrast Ratio and brightness in nits you WILL notice and its' there in BOTH products I'm almost sure of it but their NOT advertising that their leaving that to be subjective so the general public will generally "SEE" it's so much better.

But if you recall there will still be a home button of sorts. maybe not.
Apple supposedly will rid their home button as well ... BUT the killer here is their general user base will immenesely upgrade due to the perceived HIGH of "finally no large bezel's, higher resolution than that garbage reTINA Display prattle of marketing crap"! THAT will be the same high that SGS users saw with the S6 BUT they'll also be getting the S7 high of fast charging - ignorance is where it'll be BLISS.

If Samsung screws up on ANY component for quality their screwed!
Screen resolution
Brightness & Contrast
strength and resistance to common day usage and damage
^ if neglected users will see this as a major oversight to Samsung treading carefully about battery build quality longevity and security.
Samsung will be super careful with such a thinner device!

Will Samsung be smart enough to kill off teh useless plethora of 'galaxy' pretender devices in their stable and narrow it down to 4 devices?
Mini, S8, S8+ serves 2 device niches, and a limited armour/rugged version.

case offerings will be a joke as you can't design for a product with no bezels to protect the sides of teh screen that just end up ADDING bezels.

Screw the case, get decal's for grip and insure your device against damages.

The REAL selling point is for the S8/S8+ to be it's own device on it's own with no need for a computer by those of us in teh western world used to have a desktop, a laptop, and TV's ... BUT Samsung makes HUGE $$ on home TV's so their not ready to kill that off yet, not until Ocolus VR screens outsell more and the content is completely direct from Google/Samsung for ANYTHING you require for media entertainment. it's already there EXCEPT Same day release of blockbuster movies!

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-08 11:16
^
The introduction of the edge screen was hugely successful for Samsung and being sold next to the non-edge variant showed clearly that people prefer the curved display. That display is the major focal point and dictates the design its a formula that works so I see no reason why they would stop. They've trimmed the bezels some more so that means more screen to play with, that's a good thing.

I think you're unfair on Apple users, when I'm at conferences 90% of doctors and professors will have a MacBook and an iPhone and are you telling me that they're stupid? Apple stuff works beautifully and smoothly, their hardware is bulletproof and lasts well beyond its life expectancy. Some people don't care for those top specs and want something reliable. The way I see it is that when people go to a shop they will check out the iPhone because of the marketing and media hype. They will play with it and like it and leave with a good opinion even though the specs are 'limited', my wife has the iPhone 7 Plus and I just love it.

When I go to the shop I see some quite bland looking Xperia devices and then I see a S7 Edge with a massive screen in a compact body. That is what I feel when I look at the XZ and why I didn't buy it, it's just like my Z5. The XZP is something different, it looks great with the glossy finish and it's the first Sony device in a long while that I've actually been interested in.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-08 18:44
The XZ Premium is starting to look like a bargain at £645. I thought the LG G5 was overpriced at £699 but the Galaxy S8 not even the plus model is already up for pre-order at mobilefun.co.uk at a whopping £799. I don't care how good it is that's not steep it's vertical.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-08 19:29
XJ - it is CERTAINLY a bargain. especially with no VAT. i just wish it was coming out sooner since may is going to be a hectic month for me. but it'll be here soon enough!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-08 19:42
I'll be lucky enough to mine for less than £600 as I can get 10% discount through a friend who works at my local store so I'm very pleased about that!
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-08 19:57
for me.. it'd be about £555 shipped via DHL, which is about $670 USD. i was thinking it would be $800USD PLUS TAXES. so i'm very happy. and considering half of the cost will be eaten up from the sale of my XZ, I feel like I'm getting quite a deal.

It will probably be my phone for the next 3 years. As much as I would love to upgrade every year.. my wallet doesn't like me for it. making an exception this one time
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-09 01:02
If the battery life is fine, XZ Premium is the way to go.
a w a r e
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-09 20:54
Sony Motion Eye camera explained, or how the Xperia XZ Premium shoots epic slow-motion videos

Also check out the slider comparison between the XZ and XZs in the photo with the yellow truck near the
bottom other page.
(Spoiler XZs has the much much better image by far)

PS clove.co.uk now have a release date for the XZ Premium for the 1st week in June.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-09 20:19 ]
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-09 22:04
1st week of june!?!?

what happened to MAY? :'(
moogoo
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-03-10 00:42
^Blame Samsung fab for the delay. Samsung is behind in manufacturing 10nm transistors.

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-10 16:33

On 2017-03-08 11:16:10, badassmam wrote:
^
The introduction of the edge screen was hugely successful for Samsung and being sold next to the non-edge variant showed clearly that people prefer the curved display. That display is the major focal point and dictates the design its a formula that works so I see no reason why they would stop. They've trimmed the bezels some more so that means more screen to play with, that's a good thing.

I think you're unfair on Apple users, when I'm at conferences 90% of doctors and professors will have a MacBook and an iPhone and are you telling me that they're stupid? Apple stuff works beautifully and smoothly, their hardware is bulletproof and lasts well beyond its life expectancy. Some people don't care for those top specs and want something reliable. The way I see it is that when people go to a shop they will check out the iPhone because of the marketing and media hype. They will play with it and like it and leave with a good opinion even though the specs are 'limited', my wife has the iPhone 7 Plus and I just love it.

When I go to the shop I see some quite bland looking Xperia devices and then I see a S7 Edge with a massive screen in a compact body. That is what I feel when I look at the XZ and why I didn't buy it, it's just like my Z5. The XZP is something different, it looks great with the glossy finish and it's the first Sony device in a long while that I've actually been interested in.

Agreed on every point.

The XZP will stand out well compared to previous Xperias, I just hope that battery holds up well.

On 2017-03-09 22:04:08, moogoo wrote:
1st week of june!?!?

what happened to MAY? :'(

I guess this is what LG were trying to avoid by going with the 821 in the LG G6.

I hope Sony manage to move that date to an earlier date, as a June launch would quite simply be too late.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-10 18:05
Amazon now have the XZ Premium up for pre order at the same price as Clove with a delivery date of the 1st of June.
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-10 19:47
Nice. shame i can't order from Amazon UK for that product.

Guess I'm still going with clove for now... haven't placed my preorder yet though.
moogoo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic