Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 789 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-05 23:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That is display mode not image enhancement right ?
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-06 01:50
i just realized XZP is actually a lot cheaper than $800 for me since I'll be importing to the US. Clove's pre order price works out to be about $660USD.

So once if i sell my XZ for say.. $400.. another $260 is much more manageable than the $400 i thought I was in for.

NOW I'M EVEN MORE EXCITED...

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 07:36

On 2017-03-05 08:49:42, Tsepz_GP wrote:

There are much bigger things in life to be frustrated about, I'm anything but frustrated,rather jus making an observation at how reviewers are perceived here when they don't praise a Sony product.

I think the XZ Premium is an exciting device, yet all I read in this forum is people posting the negative sides of reviews that are mostly positive, lol, is that not rather strange? it's like you have overtime learnt to just focus on the negatives in every review and not look at how impressed all these reviewers are overall by this phone, lol.

I just find it odd.

Once and for all, it does not take a genius to determine whether a reviewer is biased or not. You can clearly tell by the way the reviewer express his thoughts about the the product in review. Bias reviews always see the bad side of the device and overlook good things about it. When you review a product, you give both bad and good side so your readers can decide for themselves whether it is the right product for them. The reviewers i have mentioned on my other posts clearly pass on a verdict without it even having played with the actually device.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 07:58
@Archdragoon
it seems to affect display in everywhere not only album
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-06 09:01
damn josephnero - go to bed man.. haha.

that display setting looks very similar to the "image enhancement" in the XZ, but this seems to be for the display itself and not just for "images and videos" like on the XZ.

From what i can tell, the images say:

Professional Mode
Use sRGB color gamut for the authentic color appearance.

Standard Mode
Use the brilliant color gamut of TRILUMINOS display for mobile for the appearance of bright, vivid color effects.

Super-Vivid Mode
Use an even more vivid color gamut for the appearance of bright color effects.

Very exciting. Definitely looking forward to picking one up now with the price being lower than expected and all these great features. May just seems so far away!!!

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 09:07
Yes the sRGB is absolutely great thing to have. One of the great thing to praise SONY.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 16:01
sleep is for the weak
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 19:35

On 2017-03-06 07:36:23, rss_ndrsn wrote:

On 2017-03-05 08:49:42, Tsepz_GP wrote:

There are much bigger things in life to be frustrated about, I'm anything but frustrated,rather jus making an observation at how reviewers are perceived here when they don't praise a Sony product.

I think the XZ Premium is an exciting device, yet all I read in this forum is people posting the negative sides of reviews that are mostly positive, lol, is that not rather strange? it's like you have overtime learnt to just focus on the negatives in every review and not look at how impressed all these reviewers are overall by this phone, lol.

I just find it odd.

Once and for all, it does not take a genius to determine whether a reviewer is biased or not. You can clearly tell by the way the reviewer express his thoughts about the the product in review. Bias reviews always see the bad side of the device and overlook good things about it. When you review a product, you give both bad and good side so your readers can decide for themselves whether it is the right product for them. The reviewers i have mentioned on my other posts clearly pass on a verdict without it even having played with the actually device.

Lol, you just told me you read reviews where the guys have not used the product. Who's really at fault here? Why on earth would you even bother to read the reviews of people who have not used an actual product that they are reviewing.

It doesn't take a genius to realise that those sort of reviewers will not be exactly reliable whether they are positive, negative or balanced, they have not touched the device therefore know no more than you.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-06 18:36 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 20:15
What i was trying to say was without having reviewed a retail version of the device or close to it. Of course, how can one review a product without having touched the phone and played with it. I replied to your post on my phone, hence, i made a mistake.

McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 21:24
Now when the Galaxy S8 seem to be releasing by the very end of April. Is the whining of TheVerge justified?
The writer wrote in that way that it made the SOC of the Xperia XZ Premium almost obsolete when it finally hits the store. So if Sony promise is to go by, that means in May. Ehh! you can really tell how stupid that sounds right.
That is biased BS right there.
Even if the Galaxy S8 where to be released today, 2 months still wouldn't make the Xperia XZ Premium to an artifact.

Then we have the Dolby Vision vs HDR10 bull crap by the GSMArena writer. As for now the HDR10 is vastly more popular and even if the DB is superior, the whole HDR thing in a phone is still a gimmick and one would have hard time to tell the difference anyway. Does it really matter though when people by gimmicky stuff all the time? Furthermore, he writes that it's not that easy to get HDR contents. That's partly true as he refers to Netflix and Amazon. About these two streaming giants. To stream in 4k with HDR sucks pretty much.
I should know since I own an LG HDR TV. I watched the entire Marco Polo and was annoyed by the visible colour banding.
Watching 4K HDR demos is a different story though! FU.. streaming services with lousy low bitrate.
Netflix only requires 25Mbit connection. That alone is a great mockery to people who have bought TVs for a couple of thousands.

As for the Xperia XZ Premium it is a damn fine device for the things it can do. It outdos the Galaxy S7 Edge and the iPhone 7 that cost more. LOL! Yes there are some seriously biased writers.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2017-03-06 20:27 ]
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-06 22:12
anyway... let's all agree to disagree about reviewers.

so, for those of you selling your XZ in the states, how are you planning to do it? ebay has ridiculous fees, amazon won't let you sell unless your a sony authorized dealer, and craigslist type services may or may even get a bite cause the XZ just isn't popular enough in the states. I'm probably gonna try craigslist type stuff first and see how it goes. I didn't think selling this thing would be so difficult!

Really looking forward to getting the XZP though. Clove seems to be the only UK retailer who has it up for preorder right now. Price seems great to me but I'm wondering if others will try to beat it and if there will be extra bundles added as incentive. For example, some 4K HDR movies or something to download or headphones again. To be honest, I'd just love a nice case, screen protector, quick chargers, and a decent set of earbuds included and i'd be happy.
moogoo
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-06 22:23

On 2017-03-05 00:06:52, McKinley wrote:

On 2017-03-04 15:54:12, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Editor in chief of stuff.tv seriously thinking of ditching his iPhone 7+ for an XZ Premium

Thats some great praise right there!

Interesting that you link to stuff.tv
I recall a few people calling the very same site Apple biased. As for now, I can't tell whether this guy is sincere or not in what he is writing about the Xperia XZ. Once a die-hard Apple fan, always a die-hard Apple fan. Let's see if that holds true.

I think too often we get ahead of ourselves in thinking Apple fan = a die-hard Apple product user. Very different. When the Apple fan, who is mostly for iOS products gets to waiver only their IOS love is at stack, not the plethora of products and servics used to tie into iOS/macOS/TVOS.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-07 07:23

On 2017-03-06 20:15:05, rss_ndrsn wrote:
What i was trying to say was without having reviewed a retail version of the device or close to it. Of course, how can one review a product without having touched the phone and played with it. I replied to your post on my phone, hence, i made a mistake.

Most of them will do final reviews, they are just giving first hands on experiences.

Anyway enough of this.

Erica Griffin seems impressed by the Premium.
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-03-07 10:04
I'm looking forward to S8 and S8+ lanuch. From what I see S8 looks extremely ugly with their retarded looking fingerprint scanner on the back and weird 2:1 aspect ration. Oh, Boy I Can't wait for esato's S8 and S8+ page to give my review on the S8s.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-07 10:33
From all the leaks it looks like the S8 isn't really bringing anything new to smartphone market apart from Bixby which for me is waste in R&D when Google Assistant is great and will roll out to all capable phones. Obviously not all has been leaked about the S8 so they may have something up their sleeves but I doubt it'll be a groundbreaking as Sony's new camera tech.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic