Previous  123 4 ... 119120121  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2017
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-11-28 03:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-11-28 00:25:01, josephnero wrote:
So guyz,I was bored to death and decided to search for some rumors in Chinese social media.here is what I found from poster called 元交的八妹. I don't think he is a very reliable source so take it with tons of salt.BTW sorry if the post is messy. I'm typing from my phone and using Google translator

Xperia XS release on CES
4GB RAM. New Camera. New Design.UFS 2.1 5.5'' 4K.X-Tend Dynamic Range for mobile.

4K APP include 4K cameras, 4K player (resolution rate / 4K upscaling, ST.2084 support), 4K Music (High Resolution / 4K upscaling cover), 4K alarm (Live 2D 4K Anime), browser plug-in upscaling (picture upscaling).
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-11-27 23:33 ]

Man... That's too good to be true...
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-11-28 04:47

On 2016-11-23 17:34:08, josephnero wrote:
BTW do you guyz remember the phone Sony made for qualcomm to show it's X16 modem in MWC? to this day I long to see that phone materialize in a sony flagship.kinda my dream phone design.

[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-11-23 17:16 ]

I recall this but didn't we get this design and radio tech in the Xperia Z5/Z5 Premium?!
LTE 3
Angular design (I still love this device)
QuadHD resolution - crystal clear screen.

But .... why a DAMN WHY is SONY TOO damn stubborn NOT to use Corning Gorilla Glass. Can't they see they're the pioneers of Glass hardening, molding and the future? Within less than 40yrs Cornings Glass business will eventually replace cement for Houses. Don't laugh we already have block gloss in a brick style for 30yrs; so imagine 10" thick Gorilla Glass 7+ to replace brick in your house. IT doesn't have to be see through and the costs over time will be great, it's it own insulation.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-11-28 07:44

On 2016-11-28 04:47:46, Supa_Fly wrote:

so imagine 10" thick Gorilla Glass 7+ to replace brick in your house. IT doesn't have to be see through and the costs over time will be great, it's it own insulation.

I know this is off topic but are you f... serious !!

There's nothing special about Gorilla Glass, it's just a commercial name of tempered glass.. yes Gorilla made some serious progress optimising it for thin and mobile applications like mobiles and so on, but it stays as a tempered glass after all.. don't except to replace you house bricks with glass, that will be heavy and brittle, not to mention very unfriendly for construction, and ooh.. once it's tempered you can't cut, drill, change it's shape by any mean or it will just shatter.. tempered glass are shaped and cut before the tempering process..

regardless of that, Sony is using another brand of tempered glass called Dragontrail, which is used in Z, Z1, Z2 & Z3 IIRC.. IDK about Z4/Z5 & the rest... some sources claims that some versions of Z3 also have Gorilla Glass
Dragontrail is tough, but some says Gorilla is better although no actual test proved which one is better the only thing we know is

1- Gorilla Glass is more popular among phone manufacturers, including Samsung, HTC, Moto, Apple, Xiaomi, Google ( Nexus 4, 5 & 6 ), and some Sony phones.
2- Dragontrail is cheaper than Gorilla Glass, Is it because it's inferior ? IDK actually never saw any real comparison of these two. some companies also use it mainly Sony, Xiaomi, Lenovo & Meizu.

The bad thing Sony did in their phones ( at least in the past with phones like Z1 & Z2 ) is that they decided to put another layer on top of their screens, this layer is just an anti-finger print layer, sadly this layer is very very weak and you can scratch it easily.. you can actually remove it to have another more resistance film instead
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-11-28 09:34
@Archdragoon
Not saying his or her info is correct but except new design everything else is pretty feasable.what makes me doubt him is that he seems to know nothing about photography.says XS will produce more rolling shutter effect which is better(his statement) where as everybody knows what rolling shutter effect is.distorting moving objects.

@ Supafly
no buddy. it's from 2016 MWC.very simmilar to Z5 but also very different and unique IMHO.
BTW your info on Sony using GG is wrong.
back panel on Z2 and Z3 were asahi dragontrail but front was GG. Sony simply didn't use the name because they didn't pay for licenses.anyway XZ has gorilla glass and it's licensed and mentioned in whitepaper.BTW dragon trail X is superior to gorilla glass but only 30K sheet made every month

[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-11-28 08:41 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-11-29 05:06

On 2016-11-28 07:44:03, Xajel wrote:

On 2016-11-28 04:47:46, Supa_Fly wrote:

so imagine 10" thick Gorilla Glass 7+ to replace brick in your house. IT doesn't have to be see through and the costs over time will be great, it's it own insulation.

I know this is off topic but are you f... serious !!

There's nothing special about Gorilla Glass, it's just a commercial name of tempered glass.. yes Gorilla made some serious progress optimising it for thin and mobile applications like mobiles and so on, but it stays as a tempered glass after all.. don't except to replace you house bricks with glass, that will be heavy and brittle, not to mention very unfriendly for construction, and ooh.. once it's tempered you can't cut, drill, change it's shape by any mean or it will just shatter.. tempered glass are shaped and cut before the tempering process..

regardless of that, Sony is using another brand of tempered glass called Dragontrail, which is used in Z, Z1, Z2 & Z3 IIRC.. IDK about Z4/Z5 & the rest... some sources claims that some versions of Z3 also have Gorilla Glass
Dragontrail is tough, but some says Gorilla is better although no actual test proved which one is better the only thing we know is

1- Gorilla Glass is more popular among phone manufacturers, including Samsung, HTC, Moto, Apple, Xiaomi, Google ( Nexus 4, 5 & 6 ), and some Sony phones.
2- Dragontrail is cheaper than Gorilla Glass, Is it because it's inferior ? IDK actually never saw any real comparison of these two. some companies also use it mainly Sony, Xiaomi, Lenovo & Meizu.

The bad thing Sony did in their phones ( at least in the past with phones like Z1 & Z2 ) is that they decided to put another layer on top of their screens, this layer is just an anti-finger print layer, sadly this layer is very very weak and you can scratch it easily.. you can actually remove it to have another more resistance film instead

Actually Yes I'm F'ing serious!

1. Gorilla Glass is NOT tempered Glass. This is not your CorningWare cooking pots, pans and the like from the late 70's to the mid 80's for which Corning Inc. sold off to Pyrex who continues that conumer product.

2. Corning's technologies first used as a ballistic missle's nose cone that ..
a) could withstand heat upon re-entry into atmosphere while,
b) able to still deliver even impact for detonation for impact based missle's in the 60's and,
c) reduce failure rates,

There is a LOT of history!

3. Again ti's not tempered glass there is a another process to this, lime of something but I can quickly research like you should before making such baseless claims.

4. Last year a special was done in order to show that Corning is working on a new front windshield glass composite that better resist roadshide, highway, and on-coming impacts in collisions and they're doing quite well in the early stages
- Bonus marks if you know exactly why front windshields of ALL makes of cars does NOT break off in quarish glass bits like the other windows of every manufacturer.

5. Why would you build a house to Cut, saw, break in say ... 30-60yrs anyway? most don't in any major western country. Further to this ... glass melts, and with serious modified glass it can be melted albeit extreme temperatures. BUT that is the point I'm making ... houses once newly built are not planned and normally not usually torn down in at least their first 30-60yrs.

By your notion that's like assuming skyscrappers should never be lined with Glass but funny amongst the very tallest buildings 70% of the external components ARE glass and NOT brick for various and obvious reasons.

Glass Bricks I've spoke of:
http://travisperkins.scene7.c[....]avisperkins/Glass-Blocks-large

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_brick
Glass blocks in Europe are manufactured in accordance with the European Standard EN1052-2. The International Standard is ISO TC 160/SG1. The Standards allow for variation in sizes and production irregularity. Blocks fall within three classifications; Class1, Class 2 and Class 3 with Class 1 being the highest and best rating with a maximum permissible deviation from designed size and rectangularity of 1 mm

Bullet and vandal resistance[edit]
Bullet and vandal resistant blocks are generally solid glass or have very thick side walls similar to pavement blocks.

Fire resistance[edit]
Fire resistance of varying degrees can be achieved by several methods. Standard production hollow wall block will offer little fire resistance; however, resistance is improved by utilising specially produced hollow blocks with thicker sidewalls, or the inclusion of a special layer of fire resisting material between the two halves of the block during manufacture. Some manufacturers of glass blocks have developed a method of bonding two glass blocks together with adhesive, producing blocks of up to 160 mm (6½") thick with enhanced fire resistance. It is important that the block manufacturer's recommendations are followed with regards to the installation of fire resisting glass block walls, as without special construction techniques, the wall will not achieve the desired fire resistance.

Gas insulated[edit]
A recent innovation in the manufacture of glass blocks is the inclusion of argon gas within the hollow centre of glass wall blocks. This advancement in production technique has resulted in a glass block which is able to offer significantly improved thermal insulation properties.

^ yes VERY off topic. But don't disclude Glass ... there is a VERY good reason for Glass.
The reason I brought up this whinning is I'd like for a screen to last over a reasonable lifetime of ownership for a smartphone 2-3yrs.

@josephnero,
DragonTail was comparison to GG2 not the current version 3 or 4. Has there been any further advancements? Also Sony kept using a sheet of film/plastic or something over their front glass up to the Z5

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6144&idPhone2=6539
Z2 vs Z3 states nothing to that front was GG.
Search results on this forums don't backup your claim ... even the front pages of the offcial annoucement threads. I do recall conversations but nothing definitive, do you have a link, cause I'm unable to find anything here.
https://www.esato.com/board/s[....]beSony+Xperia+Z3+Gorilla+Glass (Front Panels not the back panels)

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-11-29 08:50
Sony support said Z2 uses GG
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5[....]glass-in-Z2/td-p/797741/page/3

For the display glass we use both Gorilla 3 and Dragontrail X but i'm afraid i don't have any detailed information about the rear glass.
Dragontrail info plus devices using it here.
http://www.review-hub.co.uk/d[....]s-everything-you-need-to-know/
Sony Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3

Well there is no doubt XZ has GG. So that pretty much ends it doesn't it mate? Actually I was thinking about 4GB RAM.yes it is enough. Even 3GB is enough but if competition is moving to 6GB there is no reason Sony shouldn't. It's still rumors but s8 is said to top at 6GB.one plus already has 6 GB. Imagine Sony optimization plus 6GB RAM= butter
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-11-29 10:44 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-11-29 10:58
4K Music? like 192K music? are they going for 24K G soon?
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-11-29 11:29
@supercoolman
Honestly I have no idea buddy.I just google translated his posts

just a heads up.X performance official nougat update rolling out.and they call Sony slow.
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-11-29 22:04 ]
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-12-03 18:20
I hope Sony has something like this in store too
http://www.oled-info.com/pana[....]-high-contast-lcds-rival-oleds
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-12-07 13:07
Mingol
Hot Shots Golf
No Heroes Allowed! DASH!
Arc The Lad Wild Arms
Doko Demo Issho
PaRappa the Rapper
Boku no Natsuyasumi
Disgaea
Yomawari
Sora to Umi no Aida

List of games announced for mobile by Sony's ForwardWorks studio
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-12-08 04:15
Shouldn't all flagships have more than 4GB RAM from now on? Doesn't Daydream VR require a minimum of 4GB? Would be safer to have >4GB to be on the safer side and accommodate any newer techs in the future.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-12-08 10:40
I agree.but most likely Sony will go with 4GB
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-12-08 13:26
New Flagships/Midrange 2017=4GB RAM/2018=6GB RAM
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-12-08 14:55
lol

i love nodar and his arbitrary "factual" statements. I wanna try too.

2017 Flagships = 5GB RAM/2018 = 20GB RAM

Gee! Hope I'm right!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2016-12-08 16:34

On 2016-12-08 13:26:18, ADIDA wrote:
New Flagships/Midrange 2017=4GB RAM/2018=6GB RAM

Adida are you working in Sony? Or are you getting rumours from other sources?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic