Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2017

Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 119120121  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2017
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 14:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Relatively thin? Relative to what? A notebook? IF Sony would have one of the thinnest phones on the market then your point with big bezels would be valid, but that's not the case. You may like the huge bezel design but the general not fanboy consumer doesn't like it. And at the end it matters what the majority of consumers want and they want like the trend is showing smartphones with zero to none bezels. Remember how people reacted when the xperia zl was showcased? Every major tech blog loved the design with its "crazy" high screen to body ratio of more than 75% which was way above the average at that time. If Sony can't deliver what the market is asking for then they should stop wondering why their devices don't sell well.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 16:31
relative to market norm,average device thinness.XZ is less than a mm thicker than S7.( 8.1 mm vs 7.9 mm ).

BTW mate,bezels have nothing to do with sales.look at iphones. marketing = sales period.you can sell a brick if you advertise it a lot
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-01-29 15:35 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 18:50
To be honest, I was not on to this dilemma about the bezels on Sony's phones.. I thought that those bezels were just a little bit bigger than other competitors; but in the past few quarters, Sony seems to be more in love with those bezels to the point that they're becoming ridiculous...

To be more clear, I like thin bezels as long as they don't interfere with the user experience ( ie. False touch detection should be very smart ).. I've seen many implementations that went wrong.. not just on smartphones, even with laptops ( like the newer MBP with it's huge touch pad ), I know it's a software concern in the first place, but such things must not happen at all at launch time.

I'm really thinking about XPS 15 laptops instead because of it's sexy thin bezels.. not to mention that it's actually a 15" laptop in a a size of regular 14" one !!
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 19:46
People keep going on about bezels, but lets be honest, most average people don't give two shillings short of a single f**k about bezels. Otherwise the iPhone wouldn't be selling as much as they do.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 21:20
people always complain about bezel just like they complain about their own life, career...etc

my user experience is very good even with XXZ when compared to the Samsung and other manufacture smartphones
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 22:10
Needs MORE bezel
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 23:08
The iPhone has other usp's so they can have bezel but android phones are very similar in terms of features so how do you differentiate? Samsung has the curved edge, s-pen on their Note, One Plus has 6gb RAM and low price, Sony has what exactly? All androids tick all the same boxes, UI and design is subjective but Sony needs something to make it stand out and one should be design. Personally I like some bezel but they either reduce it or cram in some technology to make it worthwhile like a gigantic battery. The original XA has no side bezels but big forehead and chin, it has a weak spec and woeful battery so what was the need for the wasted top and bottom space?
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 04:08
are you saying smaller bezel would be a strong usp?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 08:54
Not saying that small bezel will lead to massive sales and interest, just that the design needs to be more in line with modern devices. Side fingerprint sensor means that the phone has to be a certain thickness so that is fine but Sony used to say that bezels were present because of waterproofing but all the competitors are waterproof without such big bezels. I'm simply saying that the phones need to look wow because just look at how there was a massive surge in Samsung sales when the edge design came out.
DarkKrypt
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-01-30 12:12
@badassman
Maybe Sony should bring xenon or plasma flash back before Nokia brings it to android to stand out of the crowd of edges and pens etc?
Food for thought?
| history 5110, 8210, 3310, P900/10,8250, 5210, 1100, 3220, GA628,T105,w810,K550, K610,W880,W910,P1,G900,C905, Satio, x10 mini, arc, XS, XZ, XZ3, XZ5P,XA2U
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 12:57
Zenon flash, huge battery or auxiliary battery whatever it could be it needs to be useful. The XZ has the best selfie camera so put an LED flash next to it since there is the space, the frame is thicker for the fingerprint reader so they can add better flash technology on the back.

If the XZ is the best they can manage in terms of design then you change the UI, stock android is good but boring. Make the launcher flexible with customisable widgets and options, give expansive theming options to make it different but let those who like stock have it also.

The discussion isn't about bezels, its the lack or major changes because as someone who just buys Z series phones I feel like I'm getting the same phone again and again. Capturing the essence is one thing while being lazy is another.
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 13:30

On 2017-01-29 16:31:11, josephnero wrote:
relative to market norm,average device thinness.XZ is less than a mm thicker than S7.( 8.1 mm vs 7.9 mm ).

BTW mate,bezels have nothing to do with sales.look at iphones. marketing = sales period.you can sell a brick if you advertise it a lot
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-01-29 15:35 ]

Yeah bur the iPhone has NO Alternative. There is simply not one non apple device running iOS which can compete with the iPhone. So if you want iOS you have to deal with the bezels. Whereas you have hundreds of Android devices with same specs where you can choose from. Considering Marketing: if your product sucks then not even the best Marketing will make it a winner. People get influenced by Marketing but only if they have a preference. So if you are a Sony Fan Marketing will help you to believe that you made the right decision in buying a xperia.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 13:48
I agree with badassmam. There has to be a reason for the thickness and top and bottom bezels, whether it be an larger battery, rear Xenon flash, front flash, larger sensor or fingerprint reader. If the phone has to be thick anyway for the reader then at least take the bezels down.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 14:29
By that logic the sailfish must have sold truckloads.because there is no alternative for that.if you ask average joe what OS his cellphone is running seven out of ten won't know. Apple is selling cause of the name,in other words marketing.
Z2 Was better than S5 in every possible way(even screen ratio) but sold less than half
BTW yes I'm a Sony fan but I also have huawei and sammy phones.I don't buy based on brand loyalty.I usually try to go with best bang for the buck
Peace
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2017-01-30 14:29 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-01-30 20:28
Of course marketing is important but something has to catch the eye and be intriguing, I saw a lady with an X Compact on the train and it caught my eye because it was very small compared to what I usually see. I was intrigued.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic