Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2017

Previous  123 ... 101102103 ... 119120121  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2017
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 00:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Lack of OIS is probably due to the larger sensor requiring a larger OIS module to sufficiently compensate for shake, which would subsequently either increase the thickness of the phone, or leave a rather large, inellegant camera bump.

Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 01:21
Even the result is camera bump I will still happy to have OIS rather than increase ISO which result the result is noisy photo.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-09-14 01:59

On 2017-09-14 01:21:27, Archdragoon wrote:
Even the result is camera bump I will still happy to have OIS rather than increase ISO which result the result is noisy photo.

No, if the bump is as ugly as the iphone X, i would rather not have OIS.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 02:17

On 2017-09-14 01:59:36, yuunanase wrote:

On 2017-09-14 01:21:27, Archdragoon wrote:

No, if the bump is as ugly as the iphone X, i would rather not have OIS.

Oh my... is it really that ugly for you ?

Most of the great camera phone has the bump though.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 06:29

On 2017-09-13 11:29:02, X350 wrote:
- expect smaller bezel not bezel-less
- expect only STE-OLED not Sammy Crapmoled or LG Bipolar plastic OLED
- expect new curved sensor and new tech that can solution when take low light pictures without OIS
- expect dedicated DAC or powerful speaker
- expect wireless charging

All this for the XZ1 Premium @ MWC?

Also, 6GB RAM and S845?
hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 10:29

On 2017-09-13 09:54:30, badassmam wrote:
I've been very supportive and understanding of Sony's design and philosophy but now that iPhone X is here with tiny bezels, I think Sony will have to follow or they will slowly disappear. I was talking to a friend who attended the Apple event yesterday and he compared it to the S8 launch. Some would say the S8 looks better but they didn't flaunt it like Apple did yesterday, they have these lovely bright wallpapers on compared to the starry sky on the S8 and in that sense the iPhone X did look great. Regardless of price, since Apple has done it Sony must follow. We video chatted and he put the XZP next to the iPhone X and while I really like the Sony design, it looked prehistoric in comparison.

I admire Sony for their desire to cram great quality hardware but they need to modernise. The XZ1 is actually a great phone with a lovely metal feel, curved edges and thin body but they need to improve on the screen. At this point nobody will give you praise for a thin device because that was a big deals a few years back so I would suggest that even if Sony makes a fatty device but can reduce the bezels then so be it; check out the Sharp Aquos S3 with the side fingerprint scanner and consider how you can have a stunning yet fat device. The next devices need to have next to no side bezel with smaller forehead and chin that retain the large selfie camera and speakers. Even if the XZ1 had the XA1 front design with all the high end components then it would be sufficient for the moment.

That's what I've been saying. If you don't follow the trend you are only going to be left behind. No matter how silly or inconvenience the trend may seem you've to follow it. Look at microsoft, they thought the iphone was silly thing but google don't see it that way. Look at what position microsoft and google stand now. Haughtiness only going to bring downfall. "Oh, we are Sony, we don't do thing that other people do, we do it differently" - this kind of mentality is the main reason for a company's downfall.

The no matter how silly or inconvenience the bazeless trend seem to be you've to jump to the bazeless ship because everyone is going it especially since Apple is doing it. At first I thought 2:1 ration is stupid but now it is growing on me. The size of XZ1 shouldn't be a size of the phone for a 5.2 inch phone in late 2017. It should be at least 5.5 inch.

Good thing that we now know we are getting smaller bazels phone in 2018.

LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 12:23
I'd like to see a phone a bit short too.
But not like S8 or G6.
Nor ugly like iphone X.

But it is not going to make sales better like 20, 50 or 100%.

G6 is the proof. In my country at first it was same price of S8 and XZP.
Now you can get it same price of S7 edge or XZ. With warranty.
Most of ppl do not even know andtoid or iOS, they know Samsung, Apple, Motorola and others.

Not only here, sales seem to be bad everywhere.

No flagship of Sony, LG, Motorola or Htc will ever sell even 1/5 of Galaxy S.
Huawei has most of their sales in China.
P10 is not better than G6, nor XZs.
It is way more popular.

Now I see why SM is doing just enough to keep going.
2013: Xperia Z, LG G2 and Moto X were better than S4.

S4 sold 80 million units.

puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 13:45
I have always regretted, that Ericsson sold it's part of mobile business. Now I understand why they decided so...
It's sad to see how Sony Ericsson phones were one of the most innovative ones, and how Sony always tried to restrain that elan of innovation leading again and again their joint venture to near the verge of bankruptcy...

In 2005-2006 Sony Ericsson phones were leading the industry with their innovative phones, solutions, visions. In 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperias had surprisingly innovative, distinctive and pleasant design. And that was a well balanced, competitive portfolio. A portfolio what was literally killed, supposedly intentionally by Sony, with the Ice Cream Sandwich update in 2012.

The lack of OIS, outdated design, continuously decreasing software based smart solutions (no Track ID, no small apps, Screen Record, Throw) are not pointing towards the right direction.
The most ridiculous is the removal of Xperia keyboard. What you can't even explain, no matter, how you want to defend Sony.

But the prize of the most "uninnovative" smartphone manufacturer in 2017 goes undoubtedly to Sony mobile.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 14:54
I guess SONY don't really care about Xperia's user as they have a lot of business department and Xperia is just a small department for them.

But seem like they're enjoy making a profit by reduce R&D investment to get more profit per unit.

Look at how they're ignoring the customer's benefit now make me sad.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*back to the topic*

@joseph and @xperiajunkie

Are you guy sure about new design in 2018 ?

is it really worthy to skip the XZ1 ? It would be around 9 - 10 month from now to wait for it.

badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 15:08
I don't want to sound like a broken record but targets are different for each company. Sony like HTC need to stay healthy so even if you slap a Sony badge on the S8 people will go for the Samsung so they have to build in a different way. HTC and Sony are in the same boat but it seems like Sony is doing so so much better and if that means sacrificing Track ID then so be it.

Anyway, any info about that leaked photo of the device that has a fingerprint scanner on the back? Its not the tube design at all so is this a hint at the new direction? My guess is that mid-rangers will look like this because side fingerprint scanner is the best place for it or for the high ends.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 16:05

On 2017-09-14 15:08:36, badassmam wrote:
I don't want to sound like a broken record but targets are different for each company. Sony like HTC need to stay healthy so even if you slap a Sony badge on the S8 people will go for the Samsung so they have to build in a different way. HTC and Sony are in the same boat but it seems like Sony is doing so so much better and if that means sacrificing Track ID then so be it.

Anyway, any info about that leaked photo of the device that has a fingerprint scanner on the back? Its not the tube design at all so is this a hint at the new direction? My guess is that mid-rangers will look like this because side fingerprint scanner is the best place for it or for the high ends.

Sacrificing Track ID is one thing... But removing their own keyboard, an already existent, feature rich application... It's something what can never explain me anyone... And nobody can say that the free Swifkey, available for any android user, is better than Xperia keyboard, because it's one of the most useless keyboard applications I've ever seen.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2017-09-14 15:06 ]
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 17:40
Many phones come with 3rd apps installed.
Keybord , antivirus, file management or games.
I am not sure but I believe OEMs get paid for that.

I love Xperia Keybord , also use Google's on tablet. LG keyboard is awful , at least on android 5.

X350
C702 Cyan
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 18:01

On 2017-09-14 17:40:29, LumberjackX wrote:
Many phones come with 3rd apps installed.
Keybord , antivirus, file management or games.
I am not sure but I believe OEMs get paid for that.

I love Xperia Keybord , also use Google's on tablet. LG keyboard is awful , at least on android 5.

i love Xperia keyboard too, SwiftKey is terrible
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 18:34
I have some new info on new design. I'll post after I get source's approval
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-14 21:04
Y design style, more angular than the current....my guess.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101102103 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic