Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2017

Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 119120121  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2017
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

If I had access to the devices I would take shots of all 3.
Now I wonder if we really have seen XZ1. 🤔
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:08

On 2017-08-16 18:41:16, ADIDA wrote:
Next PREMIUM=Very Big Update

5G, Acoustic Surface, and Finest AMOLED calibration display
three of above combined in one device unless it maybe nothing to me.

Still someone keep crying about full manual camera such a boring here, buy an α9

On 2017-08-16 17:10:18, Gitaroo wrote:
Sony is going all in on hdr, their entire 2017 tv line up support hdr even 1080p set. Now I just hope their next sensor support hdr10+ capture. Sounds like a logical upgrade and they can claim "first" on mobile again.

I'd like to see it get update by half cycle of motion eye, like laser autofocus and rgbc-ir was added in XZ.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2017-08-17 07:12 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:39
Nobody can really complain about the specs, those who have the XZP or the XZs know that the XZ1 will be top of the pile in terms of performance so people are just wanting a different design. This 'final' iteration of the loop design is the most refined they could get except for the whack looking speaker grills (I preferred the Z1 style with the integrated LED). It's a variation of the XZP so those who prefer a smaller footprint, metal body and are not bothered about 4K will be over the moon with this i.e. the mass market. There is no doubt that the XZ1 will be a monster but the real question is if the Compact will also be a monster so just imagine if it has the slo-mo camera and waterproofing, it could easily steal the show but its a big IF.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:44

On 2017-08-16 20:03:52, milanelo wrote:
Wow, another clusterf**k of epic proportions from Sony. What the hell are you doing guys? Those bezels... It's basically the Premium without the 4k display and it will cost roughly the same. And a small battery too...

Those bezels are smaller than on the iPhone and there no one complains.. and screen without bezels is difficult to hold without touching the screen... Sony camera sensors are big and to put them behind the screen will make the phone thick.
If you do not like the phone buy yourself a Korean Junk.
nh1402
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:44

On 2017-08-17 08:39:11, badassmam wrote:
Nobody can really complain about the specs, those who have the XZP or the XZs know that the XZ1 will be top of the pile in terms of performance so people are just wanting a different design. This 'final' iteration of the loop design is the most refined they could get except for the whack looking speaker grills (I preferred the Z1 style with the integrated LED). It's a variation of the XZP so those who prefer a smaller footprint, metal body and are not bothered about 4K will be over the moon with this i.e. the mass market. There is no doubt that the XZ1 will be a monster but the real question is if the Compact will also be a monster so just imagine if it has the slo-mo camera and waterproofing, it could easily steal the show but its a big IF.

It would be interesting if they put an HDR screen in the compact.
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 08:56
Im still looking for a decent compact.

My Z1C is giving up. Snap800 and 20mp camera are still good, but other components are failing.

I just hope the XZ1C will remain as a compact to the big version.
X350
C702 Cyan
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 09:47
Could someone tell me please, What are bebefit of bezelles?
nh1402
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 10:42

On 2017-08-17 09:47:14, X350 wrote:
Could someone tell me please, What are the benefits of bezelless?

harder to hold without touching screen, limited one hand use, no dual front facing speakers.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 11:49
It is pretty obvious that Sony is not even trying anymore. Being in the forefront of the mobile business means increased R&D and we only see serious players adopting bezel-less screens and other innovations that require that. Sony has gone from competing with Samsung to be in the same bracket as oneplus or Nokia. They just seem to lend their name and have Foxconn produce it for them. It is probably very good for their financials but Sony mobile is obviously not a engineering company anymore, it is run by number people. Funny how the real flagship always comes next time, people were saying that last time and MWC too. "new design", been hearing that for 2 years now. Sony is only milking their brand for as long as they can now.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 12:33
Sony's strategy to get back into profit from where they were only a few years back is a success, anyone who disagrees is blind and just look at the likes of HTC and Nokia as a reminder of what would've happened. HTC are forever on the brink, Nokia is not the same Nokia that we know and in that context Sony has done brilliantly. Samsung has become a juggernaut, even if Sony make the perfect phone with no bezels it will probably take 10 years to overtake them in sales and with the help of exploding Notes and fraud scandals, they have a massive following that they have worked very hard to achieve.

The truth is that people want the small bezel design without thinking of the downgrades to the camera, selfie camera, loss of speakers and side fingerprint reader. Samsung and LG are taking orders for you. Bezels are measured in millimetres not centimetres so perhaps everyone should get out a ruler to remind themselves of what a few millilmetres look like.

hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 13:12
@ motvikt, dude. We are getting new design in 2018. It's 100% confirm. Sony mobile's CEO said that not any leaker. He said it during his tour in Vietnam this year.

@badassmam, I agree with you with pretty much everything. Although it's really disappointing to see BIG, CHUNKY, larger top and bottom bazel ON xz1 it's a good thing that they are making money with mobile division.

hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 13:28
My main problem with recent xperia are -

(1) Xperia Camera's are not among the best. Whether people here like it or not but the truth is htc U11, Pixel and S8 camera are more consistent and versatile at taking great pics in all lighting conditions compared to recent xperias. Sony's image processing looks like they created the algorithms in 2010 and don't bother to update it because they believe their algorithms are still the best. I'm not going to get into their camera lens problems and mediocre looking and unintuitive camera app. Even the worst camera phone maker HTC turn around and made the best camera phone (U11) in 2017. Despite being uglier looking than previous HTC flagship phones they got great reviews mainly because of their great camera and their fanbase adored the phone.

Of course that didn't help HTC in the financial situation. But Sony got much bigger followers than HTC. If they make a camera capable of standing among the best, many fanboys will return.

(2) Design. I don't think people (me, included) are asking for a complete bazeless design like S8, V30 but what people are asking for is slightly smaller top and bottom bazels. If only XZ1 had 5.5 inch screen at the same dimension instead of this 5.2 inch screen the phone would've looked much much better. Now people will see phones like V30, Pixel xl2 and then look at XZ1. XZ1 will surely look outdated compared to them in 2017. If only they could put 5.5 inch screen they story would be different.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-08-17 12:32 ]
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 13:49
https://hub.91mobiles.com/son[....]xz1-compact-exclusive-renders/
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 13:56

It looks thicker than previous compacts, right? or maybe just a rendering impression.

hoped for 2800 battery but guess 2600 is alright.
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-17 14:00
@cableguy thanks !!!! 😃

It is so cute.... 😍

NFC is below Xperia, not same place of we see on XZ1.
Does it mean it is plastic? 🤔
[ This Message was edited by: LumberjackX on 2017-08-17 13:10 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 838485 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic