Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-05 05:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sad to see no mobile devices, but not unexpected. MWC is where mobile is shown.

Still, DAMN fine looking OLED TV there Sony! Going to be on my radar later this year when I'm in the market for a new TV. Unless it costs an arm and a leg.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-05 07:19
Yeah sadly no phones yet...

The thing about OLED is they tend to burn out after a while, and also when I'm looking at 60" and over, I can't just justify spending $2300 on a TV that will last less than 5 years although current OLED panels have shorter life time than that, I've been reading a lot of reports about a lot of returns in less than 1 year duo to burns !!

I think Quantom Dot's gives better value than current gen. OLED's...
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-05 07:30

On 2017-01-04 21:43:11, XperiaJunkie wrote:
If it is a new XA ID probably say it'll have the Helio P15 CPU which is a basically a faster of version of the P10 which is currently in the XA, keep the 720p display but with some added Bravia branding, larger battery, 16gb expandable storage, maybe 3gb of RAM at a push and an upgrade to the rear camera such as the 16mp IMX234 with the selfie cam remaining the same. Give the phone a metal back to add a bit more of a premium feel and maybe an IP certification and a price of around £250 to go head to head with the new a3 2017 it'll fly off the shelves.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-01-04 20:47 ]

Instead, I really hope new XA2 to equipped with Helio P20 together with LPDDR4 (3GB if component stockpile is hefty) at very minimum which will make equivalent (or better) to current crop of Snapdragon 625. Camera combo main16MP + front16MP same solution as current XA Ultra's offering plus latest Nougat out of the box should make some entice upgrades.

Even it is adjust to budget model, Sony should not offerings device with 28nm chipset in their 2017's portfolio.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2017-01-05 06:32 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-01-05 07:34
Xajel: I'm not sure which OLEDs you're looking at, but the 2016 OLED lineup from LG has a rated lifespan of 100,000 hours, or over 11 continuous years of usage. Even if you cut that in half, that's a lot more usage than most TVs will ever see.

Burn-in issues don't seem all that widespread. Unless you're planning to hold a static, bright image on the screen for hours or days at a time with no change, I don't think you'd have anything to worry about.

The interesting thing is the Z9 series of TVs are still stated to be Sonys flagship model. I hope this at least sets an upper price limit on what the OLEDs could go for.

I am SERIOUSLY considering a new TV for when Destiny 2 comes out later this year, but new tech like HDMI 2.1 has me wondering if waiting just another year might be worth it. I'll have to wait and see I suppose.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-05 10:46
report from nikkei

price
A 65-inch model thought to be at the line's core is seen going for the equivalent of 1 million yen ($8,500) or so, though prices have not yet been officially set. The televisions could also be sold in Japan if they succeed abroad.

The going prices for a 65-inch liquid crystal display TV is in the 300,000 yen to 400,000 yen range.

components
LG Display holds a near monopoly in OLED TV panels, giving such rivals as Sony little choice but to source the key components from the LG group. Samsung plays a similar role in the OLED smartphone display market.

But Japanese players are working to change that, with help from superior materials and production technologies. Years of research and development at such companies as Idemitsu Kosan and Sumitomo Chemical has paid off in the form of longer-lasting OLEDs now being incorporated into TVs.

Canon Tokki, meanwhile, leads the market for film deposition devices needed to make high-resolution OLED panels by a staggering margin, to the point that one panel maker claimed it would be difficult to pull off stable production of the displays without Tokki equipment. Ulvac and Tokyo Electron also make key production equipment using proprietary tech.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-01-06 00:26
What do you guys think about Sony keeping the headphone jack?

I think it would be a huge advantage for them if they kept it, after all, they've been pushing HD audio for a while now and it's good to give people the choice.

S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-01-06 01:07
I have found the 3.5 to be really unreliable (z3, z3+, z5, xz) after some time. Maybe it's how I use my phones but they break my headphones after some gym use, sound dies out on either left or right side. For all I care everyone could skip the headphone jack and start manufacturing usb type-c headphones. I use powerbeats3 for the gym now, works so good with the XZ.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-01-06 01:45

On 2017-01-06 00:26:16, goldenface wrote:
What do you guys think about Sony keeping the headphone jack?

I think it would be a huge advantage for them if they kept it, after all, they've been pushing HD audio for a while now and it's good to give people the choice.

Huh?

You're thinking it would be a 'huge advantage' for sony to keep the headphone jack? Let's recap.
9 yrs + partnership with Ericsson; Ericsson created the Bluetooth technology which had underpinnings heavily relevant today.
Sony helped Ericsson and SonyEricsson design Bluetooth headsets through 14yrs now.
SE Brand has released roughly 7 total Bluetooth headsets altogether,
Sony brand has released roughly double that for bluetooth headsets altogether (headphones, Stereo headphones, ignore speaker phones).

Sony has a HUGE name for audio quality ... if they can get THAT with Bluetooth 4.x or the latest BT v5 ... and market this HEAVILY ... ignore market segments ... 3 units:
Fashionable (age doesn't matter, sex segmented Male vs Female designs)
Audio Affionados' (high quality sound: Sport and Office/home)
Entertainment and Sport (water resistance and heavily Durable design for sport users).

They can capture a market that has dwindled and left ignored for so long, even Motorola forgot.

Think about this ... right no there are only 3 manufacturers of smartphones that in earnest make Bluetooth Stereo Headphones and openly market them:
Samsung,
Sony,
and now Apple.

There is a HUGE market right now with unknowns and startups trying their hand at "true wireless stereo headphones" ... just have a search across the net. Bragi has great innovation in this space and possibly a few juicy patents others are dying for.

Personally I trust Jabra because they've incredibly improved both micophone/noise cancellation and sound quality in both office headphones and stereo headphones. I've lost and repurchased 3, yes 3 Jabra Pulse (high end model) headphones in 7mths - not cheap. I own Jabra Stealth for office calls. Other than their Eclipse model for calls I've not come across a better sounding wireless headphones where highs/mids/bass are greatly balanced and their loud. I've used them with BB Z10/Passport, iPhone 6, 6S and Windows 7 and MacOS Sierra quite impressed.

There is at least a 60million dollar market for this.
1 less orifice to have water go into on an IP68 rated phone,
1 less repair item to deal with in warranty
more repeat customer sales, increased satisfaction IF the above demographics I've mentioned are priced VERY competitively. Volume with quality = high status and brand name recognition which Sony HEAVILY needs right now outside of Movies and home entertainment = Playstation only here folks.

It's what makes Dollars & Sense.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-01-06 02:15
In all honesty if Sony do get rid of the jack I'll be looking at something else without hesitation, yes I understand it's old tech but at least I have the choice, I've fairly expensive pair of wired headphones in which I'm not ready to replace or use a shitty adapter cable in which I'd lose in a heartbeat.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2017-01-06 02:42
If Sony will remove the 3.5mm jack, then they opt for audio out via usb type c and provide an adapter for standard 3.5mm headphones.

While I like using BT sometimes for my headphones, I'd rather use normal wired headphones.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-01-06 09:12
Personally, I've used wireless headphones for as long as I can remember, it's all wireless in my household.

However, I don't think everyone is ready just now to make the big switch as I still see most people wired up to their phones and removing the 3.5mm might be a step too far. I think Sony would do well to still give people the choice, for now.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-01-06 09:35
I think it's such a bad idea to remove 3.5mm jack right now. As far as I know not so many wireless headphone can compete with wired headphone.

Also if SONY really have to remove it SONY should enable aptx hd on Xperia first so the end user will have various choices of headphone they can use.
[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2017-01-06 08:36 ]
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-07 05:48
Personally I don't mind about analog audio jack, MDR-1000X and SRS-XB2 are already up to grab.

Also few weeks ago have a chance to try AirPods and it is working absolutely fine with XZ
only no battery percentage indication make me little bit concern, maybe it bury deep somewhere I can't find.

As an Apple Music subscriber for family plan, it serve me well.

The era of cord cutter is here to stay, folks!
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2017-01-07 04:49 ]
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2017-01-09 17:50
Anyone knows when the Android 7 will be released for the Z5 series?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic