Previous  123 ... 686970 ... 119120121  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2017
tonylcc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 02:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-07-31 21:21:57, LumberjackX wrote:
Hi guys, just need to know something off topic.

This is second time it happens..
SS of 1/2147483647s ... I know it seems impossible.

Sometimes when I use 8MP + hdr I see a purple/blue spot in the center of picture.
But not always.

Would my phone's cam with issues?

Looks like it have some glitch…try to reset it
2147483647 is actually a very interesting number for 32bit
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 06:54
Noooo, don't ditch the headphone jack...

I'm not worrying about the 3.5mm jack it self, even a type-C is okay as long as I can do both listen and charge in the same time without a need for a stupid dongle to carry.

Why not having two Type-C connectors in the bottom ? I know it will still be another port that take space, but it is less bulkier (and shorter) than a headphone jack.

What about bundling a charging cable with built-in headphone/type-c port for headphones ?
tonylcc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 10:02

On 2017-08-01 06:54:59, Xajel wrote:

I'm not worrying about the 3.5mm jack it self, even a type-C is okay as long as I can do both listen and charge in the same time without a need for a stupid dongle to carry.

Why not having two Type-C connectors in the bottom ? I know it will still be another port that take space, but it is less bulkier (and shorter) than a headphone jack.

What about bundling a charging cable with built-in headphone/type-c port for headphones ?

If 2 type C port at the bottom, then won't be able to use DK60, the type C charging dock
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 12:00

Q1 FY2017 Consolidated Financial Results
Consolidated Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended June 30, 2017

Sony Corp. reported Tuesday an 80.9 billion yen ($735 million) April-June profit, up dramatically from 21.2 billion yen the same period a year ago.

Quarterly sales gained 15 percent to 1.86 trillion yen ($16.9 billion).

Sony sees recovery with a nearly quadrupling of profit

[ This Message was edited by: Detox on 2017-08-01 12:00 ]
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 13:01
I was expecting better numbers for mobile. Maybe 5mi units
These data includes june, so 1 month of sales of XZ Premium and XA1U.
Also 3 months of XZs and XA1.

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-08-01 22:19

On 2017-08-01 06:54:59, Xajel wrote:

edited

First I'm not sure why people think the Type-C USB port is smaller than a 3.5mm headphone jack?
Think volume not outside outwardly "size". After all its the volume or full space in 3D space the port/connector actually takes up that will affect manufacturers in using (3.5mm Jack) or not. Their roughly about the same in volume.

Nex ... regarding the 3.5mm headset/headphone Jack ... I AM concerned.

Looking at a review for the X Performance, like that of the Z3+ and the Z5/Z5 Compact/Z5 Premium .... all have a feature that relies on the 3.5mm jack:

Settings > Audio:

DSEE HX
Upgrade the quality of the compressed music files to the near Hi-Res Audio quality by restoring high-range sound. This settign is only for wired headphones.

Hi-Res Audio ... unless Bluetooth 5's bandwidth and protocol to stereo headphones (or BT4.x) support it then this will be gravely lost and it's unique to Sony, I think.

Is there any specific rumors of this Hi-Res Audio not only coming to future devices but will it support Bluetooth 5 enabled/paired devices?!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-01 22:57
I just know since Z3 there is support for usb audio. You can use same way people use iphone 7 or Htc U11.
I can live without the jack if Sony gives me the NFC wireless charging.
Not that thing Samsung uses. It seems Z4v would have it if phone was not cancelled.
I"ll wait until next IFA to see what XZ2 Premium will be.

If it has acoustic surface, nfc wireless charging, new cam , fps under screen, 3D face scanner and no 100% screen I'll get it.
Otherwise I get XZ Premium .
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-08-02 08:17
@Supa_Fly

I know that both might not be that different in volume inside the phone, but I think the 3.5mm jack is a little bit more problematic duo to lengthy nature and all the mechanical requirement it has, Type-C is designed from the ground to be as compact as possible..

I just have a guess that the actual volume requirement for Type-C is smaller than a headphone jack.

and I know that a lot of Sony's latest audio improvements relies on the jack, but I think most of these improvements can be adapted to the type-C connector not to mention it can also send power in the same time.

Bluetooth 5 should be finally able to handle lossless stereo audio, but there's still no codec available that can use Bluetooth 5 extra bandwidth... any codec that use that must also have a fallback/backward compatibility so it can switch to BT4 if the device doesn't support BT5, or the bandwidth becomes very limited duo to distance.

I really hope for something open, LDAC is good, aptx-hd is good also.. but both are limited, LDAC is only available on Sony Headphones, Speakers & Soundbars, aptx HD is only in Qualcomm devices... and I think Apple has it's own proprietary tech also.
While Android 8 will bring native support for both, in which any phone will able to use any.. but you still need a compatible headphone also...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-08-02 09:10
If we take a few steps back to the basics then I would say that I like to have my headphones on while the phone is charging so there should be separate ports, I don't like the idea of having to charge headphones so there should be an option to hook up to the 3.5mm jack if they lack charge. In a situation where you're bored and stuck somewhere, music playback through the 3.5mm jack is a life saver and it only uses minimal battery, you can get a couple of hours even when your phone is dying. Flexibility is the key, bluetooth exists for people who want to go wire-free but I find the wired option much easier. For all the iPhone 7 users out there, I've only seen very few people with the wireless ear pod things and there are many who don't want to wear those ginormous Beats by Douche headsets, personally I only go with in-ear headphones.
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-02 16:37
http://sumahoinfo.com/xperia-[....]0-snapdragon-835-so-02k-docomo

💪
tonylcc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-03 00:05

On 2017-08-02 16:37:06, LumberjackX wrote:
http://sumahoinfo.com/xperia-[....]0-snapdragon-835-so-02k-docomo

💪

It is fake…it is saying G8411 and G8441
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-08-03 02:58

On 2017-08-02 08:17:51, Xajel wrote:
@Supa_Fly

I know that both might not be that different in volume inside the phone, but I think the 3.5mm jack is a little bit more problematic duo to lengthy nature and all the mechanical requirement it has, Type-C is designed from the ground to be as compact as possible..

I just have a guess that the actual volume requirement for Type-C is smaller than a headphone jack.

and I know that a lot of Sony's latest audio improvements relies on the jack, but I think most of these improvements can be adapted to the type-C connector not to mention it can also send power in the same time.

Bluetooth 5 should be finally able to handle lossless stereo audio, but there's still no codec available that can use Bluetooth 5 extra bandwidth... any codec that use that must also have a fallback/backward compatibility so it can switch to BT4 if the device doesn't support BT5, or the bandwidth becomes very limited duo to distance.

I really hope for something open, LDAC is good, aptx-hd is good also.. but both are limited, LDAC is only available on Sony Headphones, Speakers & Soundbars, aptx HD is only in Qualcomm devices... and I think Apple has it's own proprietary tech also.
While Android 8 will bring native support for both, in which any phone will able to use any.. but you still need a compatible headphone also...

@Xajel,

I ALWAYS love reading your posts!!

LDAC proprietary if not superior (argumentative but what do I know) is indeed only on Sony equipment. I had no idea about APTX-HD only for Qualcomm devices - I personally think it's stupid for Qualcomm to try to corner the audio component of mobile devices - their not really a leader in that aspect, are they? No real history is what I'm going by. Apple has Apple Lossless and AAC yet both have been open-sourced from the get go. Unless I'm mistaken and it's per license like everything else Apple does.

On 2017-08-02 08:17:51, Badassman wrote:
If we take a few steps back to the basics then I would say that I like to have my headphones on while the phone is charging so there should be separate ports, I don't like the idea of having to charge headphones so there should be an option to hook up to the 3.5mm jack if they lack charge. In a situation where you're bored and stuck somewhere, music playback through the 3.5mm jack is a life saver and it only uses minimal battery, you can get a couple of hours even when your phone is dying. Flexibility is the key, bluetooth exists for people who want to go wire-free but I find the wired option much easier. For all the iPhone 7 users out there, I've only seen very few people with the wireless ear pod things and there are many who don't want to wear those ginormous Beats by Douche headsets, personally I only go with in-ear headphones.

@Badassman,
Ideally we'd want better battery technologies, much more modern than Li-Polymer/Ion etc ... holding 10-50x more capacity, much safer (impact, heat even cutting - there is one such researcher that found a working model yet still rigorously testing).
... in my mind if I'm charging my phone usually I'm ok with listening to music or voice calls over a wireless headset or connected to a wireless plugged in speaker like my Sonos at home (or hotel system) or my BT mic and it the latter isn't for long periods of time. Your use case may vary but when commuting definitely 3.5mm jack wins! at the gym wireless wins (even for safety/distraction reasons).

PS: Just got a used Z5C and setting it up - everything fresh! Been wanting this for AGES! Will have lots of reading & questions in the Z5C announcement thread.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
LumberjackX
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-03 03:29
Photos of iphone anniversary, note 8 and v30 may be real design.
But nothing about XZ1.

Photos of MWC phone showed up less than one day before Sony's press..
It is all hidden behind a thousand doors...

We do not know:

- Design
- Size of screen and body
- if screen is 16:9 or 18:9
- Cpu : 835 or 836
- battery capacity

I just know someone here told me it has metal body and cam bump like XZs.
tonylcc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-08-03 06:17

On 2017-08-03 03:29:03, LumberjackX wrote:
Photos of iphone anniversary, note 8 and v30 may be real design.
But nothing about XZ1.

Photos of MWC phone showed up less than one day before Sony's press..
It is all hidden behind a thousand doors...

We do not know:

- Design
- Size of screen and body
- if screen is 16:9 or 18:9
- Cpu : 835 or 836
- battery capacity

I just know someone here told me it has metal body and cam bump like XZs.

mostly 835, and with better software tuning
and my friend checked fccid, the document mentioned 147.9*73.4mm for phone dimension and display diagonal is 130.85mm
meaning it is 5.2"
as HDR is on XZ Premium, me and my friend also thinking if it is possible to be HDR on the coming Xperia
plus, as he dig in the document from fccid, he also found the earphone come with is MH410, the same one found on XZ Premium, kind of mean that 3.5mm jack still present
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-08-03 06:39
So the rumours about thinner bezel is actually wrong after all. Right ?
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 686970 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic