Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia XZ Announced

Previous  123 456 ... 444546  Next
Author Xperia XZ Announced
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 14:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am always hoping to read about the product itself when I get to this topic but the past dozens of posts have been posted by an aggravated fan.

GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 15:02

On 2016-09-05 13:48:32, justus333 wrote:
@Hello,

I don't care about Samsung, I care about Sony. Hence I criticize Sony and not Samsung...but you´re like a rabid dog who barks at everything that comes near not finding your beloved Sony perfect....

You guys need learn to read my post.

In this topic i read many negative about XR like camera, screen,process,bezels, design and ram related and if I read Samsung topic almost nothing to complain about Samsung device only praise while you guys come Here complain about it.

And if I take those Message to adress, then im fanboy blah blah and blah, you guys are the fanboys, you why becouse you only complain without any sience to proof it.

I also adress that here at esato members who claim they fan of Sony and yet complain about it, if they are Sony fan then they know How Sony works.

And thats why I adress it,, and don't change the subject please.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-05 17:23
here you go mckinley..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkHI5unm3d4

xz vs. galaxy 7 edge

also, in this video, you can see a brief moment where the reviewer adjusts the shutter speed. it looks like the max shutter speed IS indeed 1s and then it goes to auto. not sure if using a 3rd party camera app would allow you to do longer exposures, but 1s is kinda disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYi8amu0lc
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2016-09-05 16:29 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 17:30

On 2016-09-05 17:23:10, moogoo wrote:
here you go mckinley..

xz vs. galaxy 7 edge

also, in this video, you can see a brief moment where the reviewer adjusts the shutter speed. it looks like the max shutter speed IS indeed 1s and then it goes to auto. not sure if using a 3rd party camera app would allow you to do longer exposures, but 1s is kinda disappointing.

Donation from Samsung, we know that.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-05 17:40

here you go mckinley..

xz vs. galaxy 7 edge

We would love to have like 10s indeed.
HOWEVER having manual shutter speed and focus is great. I really wanted to control these in order to make some shots in difficult lighting and now it'll be possible.
a w a r e
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-05 17:45
i agree doministry.. just having it there is a HUGE positive. i'm just saying personally i would have liked more in the native camera app. now i will have to look to a 3rd party app if i want extra long exposures, if it is even possible to increase it.

@hello - you seriously need to relax. constructive criticism is what makes things better. if you're always told everything is great, then you can never improve. as someone else said, we criticize because we want improvements, we expect more from the Sony we know and love. i don't want any reply from you saying i don't understand what sony's doing blah blah blah. i do and i sit here waiting patiently to update my z1 to the another sony device because i simply am uninterested in anything else. but i am getting tired of your replies and if there was a mute feature on this forum i would use it. you add nothing constructive and you attack people who are clearly fans of sony. all i ask is that you take a moment before you reply and ask yourself if what you're about to say is constructive to the conversation. if not, then don't post. thank you.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 18:12

here you go mckinley..

xz vs. galaxy 7 edge

This is what I mention and why I adress it last time where you atack me, and you still don't get it.
This proof my point that you never be critics about SG7 oversharping and unnatural color reproduction and be one minded critic only at Sony.

Where are the oversharping and unnatural color reproduction by the one minded reviewer?
[ This Message was edited by: hello1000 on 2016-09-05 17:15 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-06 06:40
great overview of the xz camera app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0yWidiyKeY

confirmed 1s to 1/4000 second shutter speed.

i love the gesture in selfie mode to initiate shutter. great idea.
moogoo
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 12:13

On 2016-09-05 12:57:16, hello1000 wrote:

On 2016-09-05 12:41:36, Ranjith wrote:
@hello1000

What you need to realize is its not if you believe SONY is better..its what the masses think and we know whats the answer to that. Forget about Samsung & Apple..SONY is struggling against the relative new comers from China even.

You think Samsungs AMLOEDS suck compared to SONY's IPS? Well as you can see from the sales charts the majority thinks other wise. Same with the camera..simply because you dont like over saturated images doesn't mean the whole world does too. Most infact like it since they dont need to process the images at all.

SONY's dwindling sales is a proof that what they offer isnt what the people want irrespective of it being the better or not.

First to all, learn first who to read.
Second, I adress only that people only be critics towards Sony and NOT Samsung.

Third, use siense not a paid opinion from Samsung to promote his stuff.
Four, AM oled panels are 75% oled technologie AFAIK.
IP panels are more superieur becouse of natural color reproduction, batterylife, brightness and build quality.

I never said Sony is better learn first how to read.

"This proof my point that you never be critics about SG7 oversharping and unnatural color reproduction and be one minded critic only at Sony. "

"IP panels are more superieur becouse of natural color reproduction, batterylife, brightness and build quality. "

Those are your statements. Now go back and read what I wrote earlier. If you cant comprehend it..forget it then, its pointless explaining it out to you.
[ This Message was edited by: Ranjith on 2016-09-06 11:15 ]
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 13:04

On 2016-09-06 12:13:25, Ranjith wrote:

On 2016-09-05 12:57:16, hello1000 wrote:

On 2016-09-05 12:41:36, Ranjith wrote:
@hello1000

What you need to realize is its not if you believe SONY is better..its what the masses think and we know whats the answer to that. Forget about Samsung & Apple..SONY is struggling against the relative new comers from China even.

You think Samsungs AMLOEDS suck compared to SONY's IPS? Well as you can see from the sales charts the majority thinks other wise. Same with the camera..simply because you dont like over saturated images doesn't mean the whole world does too. Most infact like it since they dont need to process the images at all.

SONY's dwindling sales is a proof that what they offer isnt what the people want irrespective of it being the better or not.

First to all, learn first who to read.
Second, I adress only that people only be critics towards Sony and NOT Samsung.

Third, use siense not a paid opinion from Samsung to promote his stuff.
Four, AM oled panels are 75% oled technologie AFAIK.
IP panels are more superieur becouse of natural color reproduction, batterylife, brightness and build quality.

I never said Sony is better learn first how to read.

"This proof my point that you never be critics about SG7 oversharping and unnatural color reproduction and be one minded critic only at Sony. "

"IP panels are more superieur becouse of natural color reproduction, batterylife, brightness and build quality. "

Those are your statements. Now go back and read what I wrote earlier. If you cant comprehend it..forget it then, its pointless explaining it out to you.
[ This Message was edited by: Ranjith on 2016-09-06 11:15 ]

IP panels used by many makers, dont be a arse boy.
Second, IP PANELS are superieur over AM oled panels becouse brightness, color reproduction and lifespan and also battery consuption.

THOSE ARE FACTS!!!!!!
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 20:54

On 2016-09-05 12:33:47, badassmam wrote:
@amirprog

iPhone is expensive but worth the money because it is a premium brand and even though I don't like iOS, I'll never knock Apple quality. The UK price for X Compact and XZ is very reasonable and you're forgetting, people will want a new phone and not a 6 month old device, there is an appeal for being up to date . There are two types of ZX 'reviews' so far, first is the type that people dismiss it because it doesn't have 4GB RAM and things that don't put it at the top of a top trumps game. Second are those who have held it and the X Compact and said that they love the feel and the design. I would wait for reviews before passing harsh judgement but it seems that everyone has made their minds up already. iPhone 7 will have 'weaker' hardware but I can guarantee that it'll be smoother than any Android. You're asking for a Sony with the best hardware available and at a reasonable price without compromise. Would you you give up the new metal body for an extra GB of RAM that will have no real affect on performance? I wouldn't.

Premium brands mean nostalgia and recognition. While i do like brands, at the end of the day i'm fan of products, not brands. Consumers spend their money not only for the brand, but for other things as well, like unrivaled spec and/or price. Generally, a premium brand does not mean much when it gives less bang for buck while being overpriced. With that said, sm is nowhere near apple in that aspect yet they act as if they are. Apple is an exception, like a ufo. You can customize android to be quicker if you think its slower than ios. I do not see any difference in speediness of ui. 6 months release certainly does not help sm sell more but its not their biggest problems. Their biggest once are the once mentioned in my previous posts among what i written here. Xperia devices are born to fail and xz and x compact are expected to have the same fate. The last decent xperia device attempt was z2 (with its problems). That was a long time ago. More gb of ram will have effect on performance in the long run and in some tasks and it also adds to the attractiveness of the device, to marketing as well. If sm want to gain success in the mobile industry then they must not break the hard industry rules which the consumers dictate, not sm. Consumers vote with their money, not sm. Sm are trying to break the rules (act like they are in apple's position) and that kind of attitude is born to fail. Consumers are heartless when entering the store to spend their earned money. A bang for buck and price are extremely important aspects, for usability and for marketing, as much as brand recognition and even more. Unfortunately, sm have addressed none of these. In short, in order to gain sales while having to address citicism and brand recognition, they have one of two options to choose from (which consumers dictated. After all, they want to sell their devices to consumers, not to themselves, do they?):
A: Offer more bang for buck
B: Lower the price
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-09-06 20:09 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-06 21:39
Autofocus and video stabilisation test against the S7. #WhoNeedsOIS really can't wait to get mine in the coming weeks, getting a play off the X compact in few days too.

https://youtu.be/t4VkvwVW9bY
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-06 22:45
i've always thought sony's video stabilization is superior to anybody else's even before the 5-axis stabilization. and now with it, it's even better.
moogoo
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 22:58
Sony camera is still far from being sharp in videos like Samsung's cameras are... Just look at that example. Also Sony still haven't fixed the problem that you can also notice in that video, looks like Sony camera has some kind of white fog, and it is present for years now. Does anyone else notice that as well?

Stabilization is good though and focus is on pair with competition at least for a year now...
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2016-09-06 22:01 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-06 23:46
i think they are both very sharp and the "white fog" you're referring to, i don't notice it. the xz's image is definitely brighter and color reproduction is more natural. the galaxy's video is darker and colors are more saturated.

moogoo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 444546  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic