Previous  123 45 ... 444546  Next
Author Xperia XZ Announced
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 13:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Hello1000

You're clearly a Sony fan but there are a few things you need to deal with involving Samsung:
- They sell more phones than Sony, not a couple more but a few million more than Sony
- They have been getting better results with Sony's camera sensor than Sony themselves
- Despite what people think and feel about performance (3GB vs 4GB RAM) etc. Samsung beats Sony on things like battery life
- Sony should be doing better in certain aspects that they are experts in such as music and camera because outside of Sony Mobile, they are experts
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 14:53

On 2016-09-04 11:33:05, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-09-03 23:07:33, moogoo wrote:
lol.. hello. you don't have to jump down everyone's throat that says something positive about samsung.

relax man.

Dont talk to him about logic or facts, he hates those.

You don't tell me what I have to say.
I only adress it that people are single minded and only complain about Sony and not be critics to oversharping and unnatural color reproduction nothing more.

You need to relax yourself boy.
[ This Message was edited by: hello1000 on 2016-09-04 13:58 ]
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 14:56

On 2016-09-04 13:39:50, badassmam wrote:
@Hello1000

You're clearly a Sony fan but there are a few things you need to deal with involving Samsung:
- They sell more phones than Sony, not a couple more but a few million more than Sony
- They have been getting better results with Sony's camera sensor than Sony themselves
- Despite what people think and feel about performance (3GB vs 4GB RAM) etc. Samsung beats Sony on things like battery life
- Sony should be doing better in certain aspects that they are experts in such as music and camera because outside of Sony Mobile, they are experts

Its hard for you to be also critic to Samsung you.

You are also one minded, the more proof ï get the more people like you atack me becouse ï said some point to.adress it.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 16:42
^
Ok, I agree that Samsung camera does give over-saturated colours and does over-sharpen but the end result is better than Sony overall. You get more detail in Samsung photos and thats a fact. Please tell me if I have stated something false. From my previous posts, tell me if I have stated anything else other than fact.

Also, I'm not single minded. I have functioning eyes and mind so you give me some real evidence about what you claim but until then, I will be as honest as my eyes and brain allow me to be. miromiromi's post with the pre-release XZ vs Note 7 shows excellent selfie pictures but the main pictures need work, it needs improvement before final release for sure.

Finally, I never attacked you. Respond to my specific comments, keep it constructive please.
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 17:15
Try snap camera with disable noise reduction. And you will see details. Just look at my photos from x performance at the gallery.
[ This Message was edited by: xenia on 2016-09-04 16:20 ]
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 17:30

On 2016-09-04 13:39:50, badassmam wrote:
@Hello1000

1. I agree.
2. I disagree. I prefer sony's image compared to Samsung.
3. I disagree. I think sony has better battery life in real life. Samsung has better battery life on paper or simulated environment.
4. I agree.
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 18:40

On 2016-09-04 16:42:20, badassmam wrote:
^
Ok, I agree that Samsung camera does give over-saturated colours and does over-sharpen but the end result is better than Sony overall. You get more detail in Samsung photos and thats a fact. Please tell me if I have stated something false. From my previous posts, tell me if I have stated anything else other than fact.

Also, I'm not single minded. I have functioning eyes and mind so you give me some real evidence about what you claim but until then, I will be as honest as my eyes and brain allow me to be. miromiromi's post with the pre-release XZ vs Note 7 shows excellent selfie pictures but the main pictures need work, it needs improvement before final release for sure.

Finally, I never attacked you. Respond to my specific comments, keep it constructive please.

Ï only adress why people always complain about Sony and never complain about Samsung weak point, there are so many weak point from Samsung like Screen AM Oled panels, speakers,camera software from Samsung and build quality is also weak point of Samsung and no one mention about it, thats why I adress it.

If you have critics, fine by me but be honest like also te same critic to Samsung not only Sony minded please.

This is why I adress it and Samsung paid also reviews and others tech blog to promote their product, thats a facts. So be calm please.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 19:54
My early impressions:
What's new that i like about xz in comparison to the previous flags:
design
added camera features that hopefully will help to reduce noise and improve low light shots
What i don't like:
Still no ois
Only 3 gb ram
No oled
No upgrade to the speakers
No upgrade to the audio chip
No 5.5-5.7" variant or it should have been 5.5-5.7" itself as these are hugely popular desired sizes
Early video shots with front camera reveal extreme shaky background deformity but maybe its just an early bug that will be fixed
Volume buttons position is wrong, you never really get used to its position.
Expected to be overpriced (most likely as it is a sony mobile attitude, similar to apple) - generally getting less bang for buck

Educated guess based on my 16 years of following the mobile industry, expected to hardly be recommended over competitors and especially for the expected premium price that sony mobile is going to ask. Hopefully its not the case. I'll reserve my full judgement after reading reviews, comparisons and trying myself, as with any sony mobile phone over the years.

I do not like the attitude that sony mobile choose to go with. Consumers are voting with their money and clearly do not like this as it is clearly resembled in the weak sales. A company in their position won't last forever and i do not see the light at the end of the tunnel with xz offering. With sony mobile its always "next year". There may not be next year...
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-09-04 19:52 ]
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-04 20:29

On 2016-09-04 19:54:46, amirprog wrote:
My early impressions:
design
added camera features that hopefully will help to reduce noise and improve low light shots
What i don't like:
Still no ois
Only 3 gb ram
No oled
No 5.5-5.7" variant or it should have been 5.5-5.7" itself as these are hugely popular desired sizes
Early video shots with front camera reveal extreme shaky background deformity but maybe its just an early bug that will be fixed
Expected to be overpriced (most likely as it is a sony mobile attitude, similar to apple) - generally getting less bang for buck

Educated guess based on my 16 years of following the mobile industry, expected to hardly be recommended over competitors and especially for the expected premium price that sony mobile is going to ask. Hopefully its not the case. I'll reserve my full judgement after reading reviews, comparisons and trying myself, as with any sony mobile phone over the years.

I do not like the attitude that sony mobile choose to go with. Consumers are voting with their money and clearly do not like this as it is clearly resembled in the weak sales. A company in their position won't last forever and i do not see the light at the end of the tunnel with xz offering. With sony mobile its always "next year". There may not be next year...
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-09-04 19:06 ]

"Still no ois"
Yes it does and second ois software beat the shit out who have hardware ois.

"Only 3 gb ram"
SG7 has 4 gig ram and yet get beat the crap out by Xperia X,Xperia performance and even my Old Xperia Z3 beat the crap out the SG7 in terms of performance.

Thats why Sony focus on performance of the device and not put 4 gig inside becouse it is not needed.

"No oled"

Oled is inferieur against IP, IP has more color natural reproduction and the brightness and consume less battery.

Samsung use AM oled not pure Oled.
Problems for AM oled panels.

Unnatural color reproduction, less brightness, more chance burn in screen and more consume battery.

"No upgrade to the speakers"
Not needed, Sony and HTC has the best sound quality.
And don't forget its also waterproof.

"No upgrade to the audio chip"
Not needed. Sony's sound is allready nummber 1 together with HTC

"No 5.5-5.7" variant or it should have been 5.5-5.7" itself"

Useless comparison.

"as these are hugely popular desired sizes
Early video shots with front camera reveal extreme shaky background deformity but maybe its just an early bug that will be fixed"

Populair becouse of samsungs pay those operators and retailers.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-04 22:38

On 2016-09-04 19:54:46, amirprog wrote:
My early impressions:
design
What i don't like:
Still no ois
Only 3 gb ram
No oled
Volume buttons position is wrong, you never really get used to its position.

[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-09-04 19:52 ]

Big sales is mostly marketing and market perception, plus proper push through carrier contracts. Most of the people get the phone for 1 or 50 bucks, not paying the full price for it.
iPhone sales like crazy even if it doesn't bring anything new. It has middle class hardware and camera with almost no controls and it's sold like crazy. Most of it is clever marketing.
Samsung sells super advanced phones, with sometimes very bad performance and clear weaknesses like the lack of any proper speakers (only mono) plus the quality is often subpar. Remember the stylus f....up in Note 5 and now the battery tragedy in Note 7.

It takes a lot of clever market "gaming" to sell a product in hundreds of millions.
You have to create the desire for it. The great product is never enough.

I am interested in XZ, looks like a phone to get for me. And it's clearly the best design out there, everything else looks like a crap next to it.

P.S. XZ has an OIS in selfie camera, plus digital stabilization in the main one, which usually works better than most of the OISes out there.
Plus, from those preproduction shots looks like the XZ has tremendous colour reproduction.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2016-09-04 21:42 ]
a w a r e
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 09:35
@doministry
I'm not expecting anything to be perfect. No one is perfect but inside this imperfect world, sony mobile has no identity. They lag behind as on one hand, they are not in the position of apple that allows them to sell overpriced devices and on the other hand they are not in the position of samsung to bring one of the best bang for money while samsung and other manufacturers flags can be found for less than sony mobile once, especially a short time after release. Sony mobile act as if they are apple but they aren't, not in terms of marketing, carriers, etc. How long can sm pretend to be something that they are not? That is the question.

The overwhelming majority of consumers will not spend their precious money on sm flags because they are overpriced, offer less bang for buck, lack marketing and suffer some rightfully negative feedback that have built over time. For start, Sm should start to address the bang for buck issue and negative feedback (criticism) before it is too late. They should start treating problems, not symptoms. The mass market is very different from almost none existent minority of sm fans internet geeks who will buy their devices no matter what.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-09-05 08:46 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 12:33
@amirprog

iPhone is expensive but worth the money because it is a premium brand and even though I don't like iOS, I'll never knock Apple quality. The UK price for X Compact and XZ is very reasonable and you're forgetting, people will want a new phone and not a 6 month old device, there is an appeal for being up to date . There are two types of ZX 'reviews' so far, first is the type that people dismiss it because it doesn't have 4GB RAM and things that don't put it at the top of a top trumps game. Second are those who have held it and the X Compact and said that they love the feel and the design. I would wait for reviews before passing harsh judgement but it seems that everyone has made their minds up already. iPhone 7 will have 'weaker' hardware but I can guarantee that it'll be smoother than any Android. You're asking for a Sony with the best hardware available and at a reasonable price without compromise. Would you you give up the new metal body for an extra GB of RAM that will have no real affect on performance? I wouldn't.
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 12:41
@hello1000

What you need to realize is its not if you believe SONY is better..its what the masses think and we know whats the answer to that. Forget about Samsung & Apple..SONY is struggling against the relative new comers from China even.

You think Samsungs AMLOEDS suck compared to SONY's IPS? Well as you can see from the sales charts the majority thinks other wise. Same with the camera..simply because you dont like over saturated images doesn't mean the whole world does too. Most infact like it since they dont need to process the images at all.

SONY's dwindling sales is a proof that what they offer isnt what the people want irrespective of it being the better or not.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 12:57

On 2016-09-05 12:41:36, Ranjith wrote:
@hello1000

What you need to realize is its not if you believe SONY is better..its what the masses think and we know whats the answer to that. Forget about Samsung & Apple..SONY is struggling against the relative new comers from China even.

You think Samsungs AMLOEDS suck compared to SONY's IPS? Well as you can see from the sales charts the majority thinks other wise. Same with the camera..simply because you dont like over saturated images doesn't mean the whole world does too. Most infact like it since they dont need to process the images at all.

SONY's dwindling sales is a proof that what they offer isnt what the people want irrespective of it being the better or not.

First to all, learn first who to read.
Second, I adress only that people only be critics towards Sony and NOT Samsung.

Third, use siense not a paid opinion from Samsung to promote his stuff.
Four, AM oled panels are 75% oled technologie AFAIK.
IP panels are more superieur becouse of natural color reproduction, batterylife, brightness and build quality.

I never said Sony is better learn first how to read.
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-09-05 13:48
@Hello,

I don't care about Samsung, I care about Sony. Hence I criticize Sony and not Samsung...but you´re like a rabid dog who barks at everything that comes near not finding your beloved Sony perfect....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 444546  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic