Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Announced

Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Announced
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2016-08-04 13:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i think it will sell well in europe as we missed out on the note 5.i had to source a grey import n920c for myself.i think samsung missed a trick not bringing the note 5 to europe as i see a few places such as cex and even o2 recycle will take note 5s for sale/recycle.
galaxy note8
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-08-04 13:17
@badassmam

I already agreed that a few extra mm would be nice to include a larger battery . That being said I think if you are concerned about power users I think this group would be able to change resolution of the screen if they want to . Anyway let's wait for some test on the battery life first
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2016-08-04 13:21
The device is fantastic but I HATE EDGE SCREEN.
Are you nervous?
WagnerNarcos
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2016-08-07 05:25
Of iris scanning and innovation: Galaxy Note 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEUf_ke4J_o
WagnerNarcos
PM
Posted: 2016-08-07 05:41
The amazing actor Christoph Waltz stars in Samsung’s latest ad for the Galaxy Note 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=GfUhExdNjK8
WagnerNarcos
PM
Posted: 2016-08-07 05:45
China could get a Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage

https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/7631471
WagnerNarcos
PM
Posted: 2016-08-10 07:17
Display Galaxy Note 7 is voted the best among smartphones

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note7_ShootOut_1.htm
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-10 10:20

On 2016-08-10 07:17:47, WagnerNarcos wrote:

Thats always with Samsung, they pay those sites for it.
AMoled panels are still inferieur against IPS panels in color gamut, to over saturation, bad with wite ( little blue tint) and use more power.

Only positieve is good Black background
This site tester are seriously lairs.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-08-11 18:01

On 2016-08-10 10:20:56, hello1000 wrote:

AMoled panels are still inferieur against IPS panels in color gamut, to over saturation, bad with wite ( little blue tint) and use more power.

Don't be mad dude Samsung have been making the best mobile displays for a while now.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-08-11 18:12
LCD and AMOLED screens have their strengths and weaknesses, more importantly our eyes/brain/senses have a certain preference too.

Is anyone annoyed that the China version has bumped up specs? Do you think that 4GB vs 6GB RAM will make a noticeable difference in everyday use? Do people feel annoyed that they could have used better hardware also to differentiate it more than the S7 Edge?
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-11 18:22

On 2016-08-11 18:01:58, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-08-10 10:20:56, hello1000 wrote:

Don't be mad dude Samsung have been making the best mobile displays for a while now.

Dont be mad if I speak the truth.
Its never proven that Samsung make the best displays.

Its proven that AM oled suprieur in Black values, and thats all, so don't be mad at me.

Second, IPS has suprieur in color gamut, color accurate, power efficiënt, and more White values.

So don't be mad at me please, but keep it for you self you believe Samsung have the best displays and let keep that so.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-08-11 22:12
You have no proof, you are no expert, just a Samsung hater
Unfortunately the actual experts disagree with you and the Note 7 has the best display maybe one day Sony will catch-up, don't worry.

On 2016-08-11 18:12:39, badassmam wrote:
LCD and AMOLED screens have their strengths and weaknesses, more importantly our eyes/brain/senses have a certain preference too.

Is anyone annoyed that the China version has bumped up specs? Do you think that 4GB vs 6GB RAM will make a noticeable difference in everyday use? Do people feel annoyed that they could have used better hardware also to differentiate it more than the S7 Edge?

I thought the 4GB RAM would bother me, but with my Note 4 having 3GB RAM and Samsung Smart Manager, RAM is never an actual problem, all apps that I want to stay in RAM I have setup to stay in RAM.

Other than that I am very happy with the Note7, especially with the 64GB minimum internal mem plus MicroSD, the less curved display with the bezelless effect, the fact that we are getting the better Exynos SoC instead of Snapdragon down here has me very excited, mainly due to Exynos always having better Audio, better handling graphics better and running cooler. The water resistance on the phone plus pen is a nice bonus.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-11 23:37

On 2016-08-11 22:12:48, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Unfortunately the actual experts disagree with you and the Note 7 has the best display maybe one day Sony will catch-up, don't worry.

I thought the 4GB RAM would bother me, but with my Note 4 having 3GB RAM and Samsung Smart Manager, RAM is never an actual problem, all apps that I want to stay in RAM I have setup to stay in RAM.

Other than that I am very happy with the Note7, especially with the 64GB minimum internal mem plus MicroSD, the less curved display with the bezelless effect, the fact that we are getting the better Exynos SoC instead of Snapdragon down here has me very excited, mainly due to Exynos always having better Audio, better handling graphics better and running cooler. The water resistance on the phone plus pen is a nice bonus.

Experts, who experts are talking about?
If you don't know boy its sience is the key answer not just a random site how get paid to promote Samsung, we know both Samsung does paid those site tech.

But just like ï said, keep beleving boy and keep that way.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-08-12 09:51

Is Exynos really handling graphics better ? I thought Mali is inferior to Adreno?

Although I prefer Snapdragon normally it seems like these 8 core Snapdragon have inferior battery life to Exynos , so I am happy to get Exynos too
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-08-12 10:22

On 2016-08-12 09:51:32, aussieland1 wrote:

Is Exynos really handling graphics better ? I thought Mali is inferior to Adreno?

Although I prefer Snapdragon normally it seems like these 8 core Snapdragon have inferior battery life to Exynos , so I am happy to get Exynos too

The Mali GPU tends to fall behind in Benchmarks, but in real world use the overall SoC tends to run the UI and graphic intense games better. I think it may be due to it running cooler. There were a lot of reviews comparing the Snapdragon Note 4 to the Exynos Note 4, and overall the Exynos had a snappier and smoother UI, while Snapdragon had slightly better battery.

The Snapdragon 820 is a Quad Core chip if I'm not mistaken.
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/820
Using Qualcomm's own large custom Kyro cores. Its a hell of a beastly chip, far better than the mess that was the 810 and 808 last year.

Personally I'll always prefer Exynos, Samsung's Octa Core setup has had so much R&D go into it, and the latest 8890 in S7 and Note7 is quite a thing. They tend to put better DAC's with the Exynos to, and overall better optimization.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic