Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Sentiment 2016

Previous  12
Author Sony Xperia Sentiment 2016
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2017-01-26 19:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've always had one major gripe with Sony even during their JV days with Ericsson ( ) days and that's their camera performance. It's a general consensus these days that their sensors are the best the market has to offer and it had proven itself several times up to this point just from the number of much coveted products they rolled out in their mirror-less camera lineup as well as the those that are outsourced to their partners/competitors. I'm a Canon user in the photography field but I'm one of those that had wished my camera used those awesome Sony CMOS chips to pair with my glasses and have owned several Smartphones of different make that uses their sensors and enjoyed decent quality snaps but for some reason they just couldn't learn to nail the image quality right with their own Smartphone camera/s even after almost a decade since their JV flopped big time with K850 which was back then hyped to the core for its imaging pipeline. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less about the software features because Android has already matured into a platform where features can be rolled out by a third party developer and can sometimes perform better than their own camera app but there is no valid excuse for their IQ issues that have consistently haunted their products for 10 straight years now. it's so Ironic even though I'm already past my / Sony fan days given the fact that I'm using an Asus Smartphone now I've always had hopes that I would see them producing Smartphones with camera/s that justify the widely recognized superiority of their homegrown sensors.

10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi