Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 14:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just count yourself,I lost all readings.Please include certain carrier model as well.
I assume next line up will be XA Ultra,X Premium and X Compact.(XR1)
Rumoured that X Premium and X compact has higher spec than XA Ultra(XR1)
XR1 Specs:
XA Ultra-6 inch Full HD,2/3GB Ram and Helio P10/P20
X Premium-? inch,3/4GB Ram,Snapdragon 820
X Compact-? inch,2/3GB Ram,Snapdragon 820

[ This Message was edited by: maloqs on 2016-02-28 13:21 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 16:11
I am presuming that by platforms, they mean the different models, M, Z, C, etc?

Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 18:13

On 2016-02-28 16:11:50, ascariss wrote:
I am presuming that by platforms, they mean the different models, M, Z, C, etc?

My guess will be on same spec... or same SoC, for example all Z5, Z3+/Z4 & Z4 tablet were based on 810 platform so they shared a single platform...
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 18:18
Gotchya, a 60% reduction of 7 yields 3 platforms which is what we will have this summer it seems, Helio P10, SD650 and SD820.
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 16:55
Sony fans are even more naive (aka gullible) than MS fans used to be

Update: Just to avoid confusion, especially given other reports that continue to circulate saying otherwise, the statement we received below is from Sony Mobile’s internal Global PR team. It is as official as it gets.
Sony Mobile statement on Xperia Z series

“The Xperia Z line has reached its culmination – Xperia X series represents a new chapter and evolution of our product strategy. Whilst the Xperia Z series was all about bringing the best of Sony’s advanced technologies to smartphones, Xperia X series is based on bringing smart, adaptive Sony user experiences across camera, battery performance and hardware / software design.”

So.... who still needs that bridge in Brooklyn? I have another one in LA you might like
[ This Message was edited by: Ebato on 2016-02-29 15:58 ]
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 19:39

On 2016-02-29 16:55:13, Ebato wrote:

Update: Just to avoid confusion, especially given other reports that continue to circulate saying otherwise, the statement we received below is from Sony Mobile’s internal Global PR team. It is as official as it gets.

“The Xperia Z line has reached its culmination – Xperia X series represents a new chapter and evolution of our product strategy. Whilst the Xperia Z series was all about bringing the best of Sony’s advanced technologies to smartphones, Xperia X series is based on bringing smart, adaptive Sony user experiences across camera, battery performance and hardware / software design.”

So.... who still needs that bridge in Brooklyn? I have another one in LA you might like

You think you are funny or so?
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 20:20
^^ Not sure about you, but I DO get tons of positive emotions from this thread, yes...
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 20:37

On 2016-02-29 16:55:13, Ebato wrote:

Well in that case, it sounds like you're suggesting that the September IFA2016 flagship will be called the X Performance 2...
They may as well just call it the XP2.
Do you like the XP2?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 22:00
According to a recent interview with Kaz made by a german newspaper they will be shifting away from Smartphones, cause he sees that smartphones have reached their technological peak and that the market is now looking for something different like 10 years ago when there was shift from feature-phones to smarphones. Sony wants to be part of the next revolution is mobile communication technology and is currently analyzing different options.

https://translate.google.de/t[....]n-uns-staendig.html&edit-text=
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 12:01
If this is what Kaz is thinking about then it's the looser excuse of the change... they spent millions on sense technologies and millions on non-sense products.. and when they realize that that plan didn't work because everybody was profiting from sense products they make but they're loosing from non-sense products they make, they changed everything and said : world is moving to another interest...

so they will spend millions inventing technologies... and other millions to make non-sense products.. so they can repeat the wheel of looses again and again...
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 14:17
http://pocketnow.com/2016/03/[....]ctor-xperia-ear-hands-on-video

Love the projector and the UI design, a very useful concept and could easily be an extension to your phone.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 15:05

On 2016-03-01 12:01:02, Xajel wrote:
If this is what Kaz is thinking about then it's the looser excuse of the change... they spent millions on sense technologies and millions on non-sense products.. and when they realize that that plan didn't work because everybody was profiting from sense products they make but they're loosing from non-sense products they make, they changed everything and said : world is moving to another interest...

so they will spend millions inventing technologies... and other millions to make non-sense products.. so they can repeat the wheel of looses again and again...

You tell me why Kaz has a excuse, you notice bit faster CPU,more RAM and some useless features like heartrate shit.
Look at the Galaxy S7, just what i metnion above and Type C connector is just a USB nothing special at all.

2K or 4K screen is just overkill and AM oled just fails against the IPS panels.
So, go to your Sammy topic complain there.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 15:29
The projector seems more than a prototype or concept and more of a product in the late development stages, ie software and perhaps some hardware optimizations. I can see the projector being introduced at IFA, in all honesty the technology is all available on the market already, perhaps a bit expensive, but nothing in the projector seems non-production worthy. But Sony being Sony, after introduction, availability will be patchy at best and pricing will be too high, ending up with limited units sold. Unless Sony can can release it in enough markets and price it reasonably, the projector will be another doomed product.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 16:42
Sony to release XP2 at September IFA2016?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-03-01 19:19
@JohnnyNr.5
"We are constantly thinking at Sony, which comes after the smartphone. Currently, no one has the answer. But that makes our industry so exciting. There are so many innovations, are just waiting to happen."
If true, a very sensible decision just as i previously suggested. In fact, With the "new" x line they already stopped the lackluster attempts to rival the high end flagship rivals, they officially declared that, and seem like a first step in transitioning into mobile gadgets/peripherals/mobile chip centric. That is inevitable since they did not make the changes they had to make and deliver the expected results since 2012 and the x line reveals the same old sony mobile infamous ways which means they just won't change since this is a "new" line, so at least for the coming years better sony mobile that exists that try to pioneer in something then continuing their current "harakiri" mode way in the ruthless mobile phone segment, especially in the high end segment, which sooner or later would lead to a sure bankruptcy. Continuing their current way would be insanity. Einstein on insanity: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-03-01 18:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 353637 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic