Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 05:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Although sd820 does not overheat , I still hope they continue to add cooling pipe to the phones to figures cool the phones they going to release .
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 06:29

On 2016-02-24 19:09:17, thetube wrote:

On 2016-02-24 18:42:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-24 17:44:58, maiaramdan wrote:
if really they will delete the Z line forever, then i think it's better to kill all XPERIA brand and move on
it will be the worst decision ever made in history
i honestly never had any phone except Sony / Ericsson in the 90th . then Sony Ericsson in 2000th . then Sony
but now honestly i was in the market for a new phone after a year now from my Z3 compact . and i was waiting for the Z6
maybe now i can have a real innovative phone
maybe Nextbit Robin with its Cloud ready or Fujitsu Arrows NX F-04G with its Iris scanner or Yotaphone III i called them and they confirmed by the mid of this year with its Dual screen as predecessor or even Sharp aquos zeta docomo sh-03g with its amazing screen body ratio or BB Priv with the full keyboard and BB security

You'd be doing yourself a major disservice in getting any of those over a Samsung, LG, iPhone or Nexus, best of luck though.

No offense but BlackBerry priv is great. You would be surprised how the camera performs under low light. I don't think Sony will kill the Z line. There is no logical reason.

The Priv heats up a lot, most of them are poorly built and lastly, the Snapdragon 808 was already underpowered in 2015, getting a Priv over Snapdragon 820 devices would just not make sense at all. Heck, I'd rather get a Huawei Mate 8 if I wanted to be "different", at least the Kirin950 packs a lot of power and the build quality is top notch.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 06:42

On 2016-02-25 06:29:41, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-24 19:09:17, thetube wrote:

On 2016-02-24 18:42:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-24 17:44:58, maiaramdan wrote:
if really they will delete the Z line forever, then i think it's better to kill all XPERIA brand and move on
it will be the worst decision ever made in history
i honestly never had any phone except Sony / Ericsson in the 90th . then Sony Ericsson in 2000th . then Sony
but now honestly i was in the market for a new phone after a year now from my Z3 compact . and i was waiting for the Z6
maybe now i can have a real innovative phone
maybe Nextbit Robin with its Cloud ready or Fujitsu Arrows NX F-04G with its Iris scanner or Yotaphone III i called them and they confirmed by the mid of this year with its Dual screen as predecessor or even Sharp aquos zeta docomo sh-03g with its amazing screen body ratio or BB Priv with the full keyboard and BB security

You'd be doing yourself a major disservice in getting any of those over a Samsung, LG, iPhone or Nexus, best of luck though.

No offense but BlackBerry priv is great. You would be surprised how the camera performs under low light. I don't think Sony will kill the Z line. There is no logical reason.

The Priv heats up a lot, most of them are poorly built and lastly, the Snapdragon 808 was already underpowered in 2015, getting a Priv over Snapdragon 820 devices would just not make sense at all. Heck, I'd rather get a Huawei Mate 8 if I wanted to be "different", at least the Kirin950 packs a lot of power and the build quality is top notch.

I have a priv and it doesn't heat up. . It is not poorly built in anyways. I agree with the SoC. But I wonder if you are using AutoCad on your phone .
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-25 06:50
I love how everyone is an expert on what Sony will do with the sub-brand "Z" vs the officially launched "X" model lineup for 2016. Experts without double checked sources.

Everyone is getting their knickers in a serious twist over the change of a letter to identify a product series. More so because of the range of offerings the outgoing product series offered.

Let us all breathe for a moment and understand the following:
1. Change is inevitable in everything in this world. Continuance cannot occur without it! It's nature.

2. Sony makes products to make a profit! Plan and simple, accept this fact! If a product series is NOT making a profit then change will occur even of the existing userbase is affected and not happy. The hope is that change brings exiting fans comfort in the new direction while attracting a larger newer fan base.

Look at the quarterly sales of Sony's Mobile division as a whole = it has been rapidly dropping over hr last 1.5 yrs continuously now. Shall I remind you of company's with the same trend what happened: HTC, once a juggernaut the size and influence not unlike Hon Has/Foxconn before going public and making their own mobile devices is now 10yrs later struggling on their last leg of products. They cannot even announce at MWC2016 until the week dies down. Blackberry yeah they gave up their own in house OS as revenues and profits have been long gone with huge layoffs - over 12k employees in 12myths and now running Android OS. Their becoming more of a software, services company who still happens to do networking the only thing keeping them afloat. NOKIA their done on mobile phones thanks to stupidity of allowing a Trojan horse. All these company's too 2-4yrs slowly bleeding until near death before drastic changes were required.

Do you want to see Sony end up like these?!!! I don't. I love my Xperia Z5!!

If you don't like the X lineup give it time it may grow on you with using it, or seeing others around you use it. Or don't buy it period. If sales drop steadily over the next 3qtrs Sony will be forced to make amends to exiting fans and user base of the Z lineup. I love the compact but I don't see many here alone would represent a significant sales revenue base to coerce Sony to continue the Compact size and feature set of the Z5c going forward, which saddens me. But this is called voting with your dollars. Or you can rally up significant users that will put their vote into direct letters to show the revenue and user base is enough to warrant change.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 06:51
If the original rumour that stated Sony will replace Z series with another completely new one is correct then we have two maybe's here

1- Maybe, the X series is the new replacement of Z series... no Z6 and X Performance is the only flagship in 2016...

2- Maybe, The X series is a new series for a new vision... There will be another series that replaces Z in it's flagshipness status which is scheduled in 2H16... that new series will have all things up and correct compared to the highest-end X phone which is just a high-end but doesn't deserve a flagship status

In the first "Maybe" case : Sony Mobile is dooming it self dead long time ago.. and this time is just like jumping from a cliff with a faulty parachute and say... we might been lucky if it opens...

In the second "Maybe" case : That's a dumb smart move indeed... is dumb in a way that they can't trust themselfs with what ever they plan for the flagships... not to mention giving a lot of fans a false news that "X" is the new "Z" in a hope to not affect the total sales of mobile so having some revenue in 1H... and dumber in a way that by having "X" replacing "Z" then who ever was thinking about returning to Sony, or waiting for Z6.. will just loose the faith at all and jump to another company... and when the time comes for the true "Z" successor.. they all already have a phone from Samsung, LG, HTC, even Xiaomi ( which is a good phone... Sony should made that Mi5 Pro one !! )

In Any case... before MWC I thought I can wait till IFA for a true flagship from Sony... but now... I'm feeling sorry for Sony Mobile because they just don't know what they're doing... and making any hope just too far a way for any one to see... I think I'll not wait to IFA and see what HTC M10 will be...
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-25 07:19
I have a feeling that is is dumber than this. During the event, Sony did mention that they are focusing on battery, speed and camera. That seems very much like what they did with the Marshmallow Concept. This means that future phones are more like a software bump instead.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 08:34
if X performance's camera is good and takes good pictures, then I'll look forward into 2H16. otherwise, I'm not so sure...
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 09:21
Put it this way. As the X Performance is not being sold in the UK, amongst other countries, they will have a flagship to release at IFA2016. Now, whether that's the Z6 or has a different name, it will still be better than the X Performance. This means that we just need to wait until IFA2016...
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 10:24
^ What he said.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 10:33

On 2016-02-25 09:21:03, nightwing369 wrote:
Put it this way. As the X Performance is not being sold in the UK, amongst other countries, they will have a flagship to release at IFA2016. Now, whether that's the Z6 or has a different name, it will still be better than the X Performance. This means that we just need to wait until IFA2016...

This is the hope that is too far away I talked about before...

The problem is Sony trying to convince the world that this is it.. no more Z series and the X is the new Z...

If that's the case then it's too bad as X as a downgrade from Z, and if they meant this to allow the newer series to be superior to what X is.. then their way of telling this is just dumb...

Those marketing guys at Sony Mobile are just the worst marketers I've ever seen... and whats this name ( Xperia X Performance ) for a high-end.. it's just too long.. then ( Xperia XA ) for a low end and ( Xperia X ) for a mid-ranger ??

How on earth this can work !!!

At least, the top of the range is XP... not Vista or worst.... Millennium Edition
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 11:45
Wow! This end of Z line is a huge talking point. First of all, we knew that there was going to be a shift away from the 12 month cycle. So there was going to be no flagship until about 12 months after the announcement of the Z5 series. So were people really expecting a Z6?

We also found out that Sony Mobile again has been losing money, so it is scaling down R&D and marketing and pruning its range to concentrate on producing a few high margin, higher end devices. Scaling down and making a profit is preferable to disappearing altogether under a mountain of losses from unsold inventory.

No matter how much praise is heaped on its devices it needs huge marketing bucks to get the message out and no-one has better marketing than Samsung and Apple.

The X range is the new strategy. The Z line is finished and will we see any more Z series tablets? I'm guessing not, or not for a while. Tablet sales are declining and have been for a while, even iPads.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2016-02-25 12:58 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 13:37

On 2016-02-25 10:33:12, Xajel wrote:

The problem is Sony trying to convince the world that this is it.. no more Z series and the X is the new Z...

If that's the case then it's too bad as X as a downgrade from Z, and if they meant this to allow the newer series to be superior to what X is.. then their way of telling this is just dumb...

Terminating the Z series and introducing the X series doesn't really bother me. Its just a new range, and the Z is being retired. That's it really.

The X Performance wasn't announced as the 2016 flagship device, rather it was a low key no fuss event. And Sony has never said it was replacing the 'z6' .....

A new series doesn't automatically mean a new flagship. It will come, just later in the year. You all knew they were moving to a 12m cycle again, they never said it would still be a 'Z' .
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 13:48
Unless the specs are wrong on Sony's site and gsamarena, seems like the x performance is lacking 4k recording? Hmm anyone see anything from sony showing 4k recording?

OK checked the white paper and it shows nothing about 4k recording.
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2016-02-25 12:55 ]
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 14:52
Guys, I know some of you won't do, but for the others, let's just wait to see what Sony release at IFA2016. Any rumours or inside knowledge relating to Sony's next release (which will be IFA2016) can be shared as and when any of us have it. For now, chill out
Now, which of you is the friend of a friend who cleans the house of the guy who's brother used to sleep with Kaz's wife?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 16:40

On 2016-02-25 07:19:24, yuunanase wrote:
I have a feeling that is is dumber than this. During the event, Sony did mention that they are focusing on battery, speed and camera. That seems very much like what they did with the Marshmallow Concept. This means that future phones are more like a software bump instead.

How are they focusing on battery when they only include a 2700mah battery on their 600euros++ phones?How are they focusing on speed when they include a 3GB ram,while all the other major players include 4GB?How are they focusing on camera when they don't include 4K recording and OIS?I'm not against Sony not offering the best of the best anymore,but mid-range specs come with a mid-range price.Back in the day,the K700/K750/w800/k800/w910 were big successes because they carried mid-range price.Sony,nowadays,offers too little,too late,too expensive.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic