Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
Phoner
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 19:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
From Xperiablog Confirmed: Xperia Z series is no more

Sony Mobile statement on Xperia Z series

“The Xperia Z line has reached its culmination – Xperia X series represents a new chapter and evolution of our product strategy. Whilst the Xperia Z series was all about bringing the best of Sony’s advanced technologies to smartphones, Xperia X series is based on bringing smart, adaptive Sony user experiences across camera, battery performance and hardware / software design.”
[ This Message was edited by: Phoner on 2016-02-24 18:21 ]
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 20:16
So who still wants the Z6 Ultra? I also have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 20:55

On 2016-02-24 20:16:30, Ebato wrote:
So who still wants the Z6 Ultra? I also have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya

How big a bridge and how much???

Yeah... This is some puzzling news indeed. No new Smartwatch, no new tablet, and the end of the Z series. It's obvious they aren't quitting mobile otherwise they wouldn't be building a smartphone factory, but I'm tryng to figure out where they are going with this.

I can only hope that IFA has products to better round out the lineup... And a new X ultra
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 22:52
So,why would someone buy a Xperia XA for 299EUROS when xperia m4 aqua goes for 180euros and has roughly the same specs+waterproof??same question for Xperia X..why would someone buy the X when it can get the Z5 with better specs for 400euros and lower??? The only worthy phone i saw was X performance but it's still too expensive and has a ridiculous name.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 23:37
So if the X Performance is not being sold in the UK, will the equivalent of the Z6 (whatever is better than the X Performance) be released at IFA2016?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 23:39
Unless SONY is going to make huge changes to the design and spec, I wonder why are they killing the Z. Its a good idea, start fresh with a new name..one last attempt for survival but that needs to be a proper effort at least.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
markyr74
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 23:52
Well, I WAS going to buy the next Z Compact, but as what I was posting as being leaked is in fact true, I won't be buying a Sony, especially considering the X Performance isn't even going to be on sale in my country, UK, I think their strategy is nuts, but I guess they are desperate to survive in the market place.
So I'll be buying a Galaxy S7 later in the year when it's dropped in price. And I'll be waiting patiently for Sony's Marshmallow to hit my lovely Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

I do hope Sony can bring it back, they have a long history in the mobile space, I remember the good ol P800. I hope they launch some new tablets this year too, some real iPad killers, again.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-24 23:54

On 2016-02-24 23:52:16, markyr74 wrote:
Well, I WAS going to buy the next Z Compact, but as what I was posting as being leaked is in fact true, I won't be buying a Sony, especially considering the X Performance isn't even going to be on sale in my country, UK, I think their strategy is nuts, but I guess they are desperate to survive in the market place.
So I'll be buying a Galaxy S7 later in the year when it's dropped in price. And I'll be waiting patiently for Sony's Marshmallow to hit my lovely Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact

I do hope Sony can bring it back, they have a long history in the mobile space, I remember the good ol P800. I hope they launch some new tablets this year too, some real iPad killers, again.

Sony confirms no Xperia Z6. X series unofficially water-resistant (potentially).

"When I asked whether the new X series will be the start of a one-flagship-per-year approach, I was told that Sony is aiming for a nine-month release cycle, but that we can still expect new devices at IFA in six months’ time."

Maybe we'll see the equivalent of the Z6 (whatever is better than the X Performance) at IFA2016?

http://www.androidauthority.c[....]cially-water-resistant-676238/
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 00:00
The saga continues:

The Z series is not going away. We want to make it clear.

Xperia X series will not replace Z6, Sony says
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 00:11
Obviously some confusion going on here. Reps from different regions are saying different things. XperiaBlog has a staement online, but don't know who it's from. Some websites say 'X series replacing Z series', but then there are others saying the 'X Performance is replacing the Z6'. I don't know why some are saying the latter, it's clear the X Performance isn't the new flagship, and it's not replacing the 'Z6'

Like XperiaBlog mentioned, X Performance isn't due to launch in a couple key European markets, and then there's the fact the announcement was clearly very low key. If it was their latest and greatest model, like the s7, G5, M10 etc, I'm sure they would have made a bigger fuss about it.

This also means Sony is actually moving to a 12m release cycle for flagships, which is what many people were calling for. XperiaBlog mentions 9 month cycle, but by the time devices actually it markets, it will be more like 12m.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 00:35

On 2016-02-25 00:11:04, >500 wrote:
Obviously some confusion going on here. Reps from different regions are saying different things. XperiaBlog has a staement online, but don't know who it's from. Some websites say 'X series replacing Z series', but then there are others saying the 'X Performance is replacing the Z6'. I don't know why some are saying the latter, it's clear the X Performance isn't the new flagship, and it's not replacing the 'Z6'

Like XperiaBlog mentioned, X Performance isn't due to launch in a couple key European markets, and then there's the fact the announcement was clearly very low key. If it was their latest and greatest model, like the s7, G5, M10 etc, I'm sure they would have made a bigger fuss about it.

This also means Sony is actually moving to a 12m release cycle for flagships, which is what many people were calling for. XperiaBlog mentions 9 month cycle, but by the time devices actually it markets, it will be more like 12m.

Maybe we'll see the equivalent of the Z6 (whatever is better than the X Performance), or the Z6 itself, if not dead, at IFA2016?
[ This Message was edited by: nightwing369 on 2016-02-24 23:36 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-25 00:49
So to our thread host Ricky D ... maybe the first post of this thread needs to be adjusted?

XR4 - Z6 series to come in 2h2016 (I'm Dreaming just let me alone)
XR3 - Z6 series to contain Ultra (Possibly but how many actually sold globally, if not more than10-25 million this product segment is dead! Too close to a mini tablet, too close to a phablet 5.2-5.5" screen)
XR4 - Z6 series to contain Premium/Plus (Sony has no plans to make another 4K mobile screen thus far confirmed)
XR5 - Z6 series to contain Flagship (X Performance replaced this lineup; replaced being a very subjective word)
XR5 - Z6 series to contain Compact (I can ONLY PRAY yet not likely going to happen! Z5Compact is the last Z)
XR4 - We'll see new tablets in 1Q2016 - seems this is the highest potential
XR3 - 'Z6' will be the series name of the next full range of handsets (not likely many sites confirming from Sony staff this is NOT happening from MWC2016)

So some edits to the "Z6" listing on the main page!?
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 02:38
YaY the Z series lives!

Come on Z Ultra!!!
markyr74
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 03:06

On 2016-02-25 00:11:04, >500 wrote:

The story XperiaBlog is running came from the UK website USwitch who asked Sony:

http://www.uswitch.com/mobile[....]02/sony-confirms-no-xperia-z6/

Text from the article is:

Sony will not bring an Xperia Z6 smartphone to market, we can reveal, in what marks a major change in branding strategy for the handset-maker.

This week Sony launched two new mid-range phones at Mobile World Congress. Dubbed the Xperia X and Xperia XA, the handsets' titles seemed to herald a shift away from the Xperia Z branding Sony has favoured since 2013.

So is this really the end of the Xperia Z range? Very much so, according to Jun Makino Senior Product Marketing Manager at Sony Mobile.

Asked about the possibilty of additions to the Xperia Z family, he exclusively told uSwitch: “I can't comment on the future, but we will not be releasing a Z6."

Pressed further, he reiterated that "there will not be a Z6" and that instead the company is "turning to the next stage, with the Xperia X series”.

Perhaps even more conclusively, Makino told us that plans are afoot for more phones bearing the new branding and that the company's focus now is on "bringing the next generation of Xperia Series of intelligent smartphones".

The Xperia X and XA are the first handsets to bear the imprint of Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai, who outlined his vision for Sony's mobile phones division at last year's Mobile World Congress.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 03:30
i never believe that huge corp. as SONY will have this craziness regarding naming
no one knows what will happen , this is really insane . all XPERIA decision makers should be fired
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic