Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 20:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Shino03
@reeflotz
Note 5 shoots pictures super fast and camera software is the fastest on the market, so i'm not familiar with talking several seconds to shoot a pic.
I did not say iso is useless, i said that super high iso that z5 offers makes it kind of useless due to the very high noise. It is no bad by any mean to have a super high iso settings but superior image processing+ois is better by far. Sony should put most of the efforts and priority on image processing and the addition of ois instead of very high iso.
Go ahead and borrow a note 5 and v10 from someone you know, learn their settings and then shoot with them against z5. Go manual mode. I want to read that you think z5 shoots better pics, especially in low light. Overall it is a lost battle. We can talk until tomorrow but only the end result matters.

If sony don't improve their image processing dramatically and add ois resulting in true competition against samsung, lg and even iphone (with even more inferior optics) among others then they should stop making high end flagships or they will go bankrupt anyway in a matter of time because even their few last dedicated fans will abandon them for rivals. We all know and agree about this. Some already abandoned their devices a long time ago.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-14 19:04 ]
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 21:17

On 2016-02-14 20:03:39, amirprog wrote:
@Shino03
@reeflotz
Note 5 shoots pictures super fast and camera software is the fastest on the market, so i'm not familiar with talking several seconds to shoot a pic.
I did not say iso is useless, i said that super high iso that z5 offers makes it kind of useless due to the very high noise. It is no bad by any mean to have a super high iso settings but superior image processing+ois is better by far. Sony should put most of the efforts and priority on image processing and the addition of ois instead of very high iso.
Go ahead and borrow a note 5 and v10 from someone you know, learn their settings and then shoot with them against z5. Go manual mode. I want to read that you think z5 shoots better pics, especially in low light. Overall it is a lost battle. We can talk until tomorrow but only the end result matters.

If sony don't improve their image processing dramatically and add ois resulting in true competition against samsung, lg and even iphone (with even more inferior optics) among others then they should stop making high end flagships or they will go bankrupt anyway in a matter of time because even their few last dedicated fans will abandon them for rivals. We all know and agree about this. Some already abandoned their devices a long time ago.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-14 19:04 ]

PLAESE, GET THE .... OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR PROMOTING CRAPSUNG !!!!

I wanna read rumors about Sony, not your stupid nonsens.
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 00:09

He is not samsung fan nor he is promoting it. He is just one of frustrated Sony fanboys like me who are mad because the brand we love can't beat the others and they are repeating their mistakes over and over again.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 02:11

On 2016-02-15 00:09:36, nikola1970 wrote:

He is not samsung fan nor he is promoting it. He is just one of frustrated Sony fanboys like me who are mad because the brand we love can't beat the others and they are repeating their mistakes over and over again.

do you mean he qualifies as a Sony fanboy by bashing every XPERIA devices without using all of the XPERIA devices he's been bashing? he's a fanboy by just reading reviews? well, we've got everyone qualified as Sony fanboys, Apple fanboys, Samsung fanboys...etc
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 10:17
http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_t[....]ofits_last_year-news-16626.php

So it seems Sony's profit last year was -1%. Not a large loss but curious how much that one percent equals. Technically Sony has a chance to turn a profit this year if they plan their devices just right.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 16:40
I'm hoping for sony to have a totally new design for Z6. I've been using the Z1 and waiting for a new design language from sony.

My wish specs:-

1- wireless charging
2- pen/stylus support (this is the only thing that I vote for Samsung)

I don't have any other wish list as I believe the phone performance will be great (as always). As usual, I think Sony will have the best camera (yes, I couldn't find myself to like other camera phone including Note 5), lag free UI and the best in battery life.
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 20:44
Battery life I'd already good for must Xperias but could always be improved. I'd like to see a new design too.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 22:05
@nikola1970
True.
@supercoolman
Wrong, i did have, i did try. Many times when Someone truthfully criticize something someone else condemn him i guess because sometimes we don't like to hear criticism which may sound negative about something we like. That is different then bashing and i'm not bashing. My thousands (?) of posts here are a proof i'm not a rival "fanboy" but a passionate sony fan with constructive criticism. Note 5 is my first samsung phone after 10 years with SE/sony and apple devices and i also expressed my criticism in the thread "Sony Xperia Sentiment 2016" rickyd opened. Needless to say, i'd love to see sonymobile radically improve, especially the xperia z line and especially the new premium line which hopefully its successor will do much better in justifying the "premium" name.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-15 21:15 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 22:14

On 2016-02-15 22:05:29, amirprog wrote:
@nikola1970
True.
@supercoolman
Wrong, i did have, i did try. Many times when Someone truthfully criticize something someone else condemn him i guess because sometimes we don't like to hear criticism which may sound negative about something we like. That is different then bashing and i'm not bashing. My thousands (?) of posts here are a proof i'm not a rival "fanboy" but a passionate sony fan with constructive criticism. Note 5 is my first samsung phone after 10 years with SE/sony and apple devices and i also expressed my criticism in the thread "Sony Xperia Sentiment 2016" rickyd opened.

are you saying you bought and use every XPERIA you "criticize" on esato?
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 22:29
@supercoolman
No, but i wish i could afford to do that. And no, you don't have to own all devices to criticize something or find negatives about it, you can try something extensively to have a based opinion about it and compare it against something else. Also, i learn software QA (quality assurance engineering) and soon i get my QA degree so i like and study to criticize and find bugs about things. Its going to be my job.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-15 21:31 ]
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 22:42

On 2016-02-15 16:40:25, MyP910 wrote:
I'm hoping for sony to have a totally new design for Z6. I've been using the Z1 and waiting for a new design language from sony.

1- wireless charging

I don't have any other wish list as I believe the phone performance will be great (as always). As usual, I think Sony will have the best camera (yes, I couldn't find myself to like other camera phone including Note 5), lag free UI and the best in battery life.

I'm still using the original, 2013 Xperia Z!

They will change their design language there were rumours of this since the Z5 released. Currently tipped for an all metal build for the Z6. Who thinks that Sony will have worked closely with Google for the Z6 and that it will be the coming Nexus phone, debuting with Android N?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-16 02:34

On 2016-02-15 22:42:17, nightwing369 wrote:

On 2016-02-15 16:40:25, MyP910 wrote:

1- wireless charging

I'm still using the original, 2013 Xperia Z!

They will change their design language there were rumours of this since the Z5 released. Currently tipped for an all metal build for the Z6. Who thinks that Sony will have worked closely with Google for the Z6 and that it will be the coming Nexus phone, debuting with Android N?

wouldn't Nexus Z6 mean surely 2H release and expensive Nexus or cheap high end XPERIA phone?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-02-16 09:38
So guys, knowing that next flaggy will have a new design... is there's a clue about this design ?
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-16 10:33
Z6 sensor?
Sony has unveiled its latest CMOS Exmor RS image sensor designed for smartphones – the IMX318. Sony’s latest camera chip boasts to be the industry’s first to offer built-in 3-way electronic image stabilization technology and high-speed hybrid autofocus (as fast as 0.03 seconds) in one chip. The Sony IMX318 has a 1-2.6-inch stacked CMOS with 22.5 effective megapixels. Shipments begin in May 2016 – just in time for the Xperia Z6 launch, which is expected to launch in the second quarter of 2016.

Sony says that it created the IMX318 sensor for smartphones that require “increasingly better cameras and thinner form factors.” The IMX318 is the successor to the IMX230 that was found in the Xperia Z5 series (1/2.4-inch sensor with 1.12μm unit pixel size). Sony says that the new IMX318 does not suffer in image quality despite the smaller pixel size (1.0μm unit) versus the IMX230. It has done this by “manufacturing technology that improves light utilization efficiency, as well as circuit design technology that eliminates noise”.

Sony adopted MIPI (Mobile Industry Processor Interface) Alliance’s latest C-PHY 1.0/D-PHY 1.2 specifications for this image sensor’s interface. Other features include 4K video recording at 30fps, HDR imaging with RAW image format.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8dxw0RQcs
" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSdgnB3-W4

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]rce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
[ This Message was edited by: Jamzy on 2016-02-16 09:33 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-02-16 11:59
That's a crazy small sensor/pixel size for a flagship phone...

It doesn't look flagshipy enough for a Z series successor...

BTW, I hope Sony focus more on slow mo, 240@1080p/480@720p is minimum ( same as iPhone )... I would love to double that to 480@1080p/960@720p...

most Android phones now limits to half of that at 120@1080p/240@720p... the problem is that SoC plays a role here to have a hardware encoder capable of having such speed... even 810 isn't able to handle such speed...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 212223 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic