Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-09 20:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well I strongly disagree. Ultra and compact variants are the only ones with a fan base. Since both don't require that much of a R&D, with low numbers of production they can pull it off. Most ultra owners will pay 800 bucks for a proper successor with better camera and stylus maybe. Ultra is really different from other xperias. It is far better (I just don't know why). You just can't find an ultra owner complaining. Sony can't make flagships capable of competing with apple and samsung. Even the priv is much better than Z5. They should go niche and make quality products and charge for it. Lower the production volume and raise the average selling price. But I am underlining the quality product. It should be such that one purchasing the ultra should be 100% satisfied with all the specs (cpu ram display sound camera and stylus). Apart from all these Sony seriously needs to address the lame speakers and the awful camera. I am really shocked since these are pretty easy to solve. Even though iphone samsung and the priv have mono speakers they are much louder and better sounding.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2016-02-09 19:32 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-09 21:41
@thetube
I think you are missing the point a bit. How can one have high expectations for a highly niche device successor like a mini tablet which the ultra really is when the company can't even make truly competitive pioneering flags (which are the bread and butter of almost manufacturers) since they exist? stylus from sony? For them it is too radical and lack buzz words with big numbers (and i'm not even a big stylus fan but some would like it) No, they prefer to only make a momentary buzz with the dumb down "4k display" and "23mp" camera, etc. sony mobile priority: big numbers>rest... Camera... what have not written here about the camera? no need to even mention... +1 for mentioning speakers but i add - for all z devices. I mentioned here already a few times from a long time ago and also in sony forums that they should offer htc one like speaker quality and in order to make it happen they should decrease the ip rating (which fans will accept because the phone WILL REMAIN a water resistant/low rating waterproof - relax water phobics ). Back to reality... We all know that the compact is unique only because it has no true rivals. The same could be said for the ultra in 2013-2014. these days, If one really want a mini tablet with phone capabilities in 6.5"-7" then other manufacturers offer the best options. I wish sony read this forum for criticism so maybe they will learn something for once and address what fans, consumers and reviewers want them to improve because they don't seem to give a damn. Reading the rumors thread from this website alone since 2012-2013 is enough to get the idea.

2013, 2014, 2015, we're in 2016 now: Lets discuss this:
1. Do you all think sonymobile will ever truly address the loud and clear criticism? Do you think they will ever offer truly competitive flags? List the things that YOU want them to improve or add in order to make truly competitive devices. Don't mention marketing please.
2. Where do you think sonymobile will be in 2-3 years? Do you think they will exist or not and why?

[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-09 20:50 ]
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-09 22:39
I think Sony should step up their game and not give the best they can make to other OEMs. Now we see the LG G5 with dual camera system, S7 will have a good camera as well, and what i am sure is that Z6 will have inferior overall camera quality then former two, you should not doubt that any moment, Sony taught us so, and i don't have faith in them anymore even though i would like them to reassure me big time.

Sony could have made a strong push back when Z2 was released, because all the reviewers praised it and all of the people were hyped about it because no one expected Sony to release such a good phone, phone that was better then Samsung and HTC rivals, but they f**ked up with the launch so badly, and Z2 was delayed for like 2 or 3 months, sigh...

It looks like they are lagging behind on purpose, or their engineers are not competitive with the guys from Samsung, LG and others.
Aycaramba
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-09 23:45
Esato was founded in the year 2001 and was mainly targeted at Sony Ericsson mobile phone users. We started with a couple of services offering free ringtones, grayscale logos for the Ericsson T39 and R520 models. We have expanded the service to include free color backgrounds for over 50 mobile phone models. Other popular services are the discussion forum for anyone interested in topics about mobile phones and accessories. Even if the focus was targeted at Sony Ericsson owners, we now have separate forums for owners of other brands. The most popular sections are the News, Blog, discussion forum, Free themes, free color backgrounds and a service where users can upload images from a PC and download a converted image down to their mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Aycaramba on 2018-08-07 15:55 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-10 07:00
Am I the only believer remaining?

Sony has (almost) always come through with the goods. When a device is later to market the competitors it's usually because it's got something up it's sleeve. When Sony release new handsets every six months there are calls for extending the cycle, when they extended the cycle there are moans that phones are slow to market.

IF Sony announced am 820 handset in two weeks people will be saying the Chinese companies showed theirs last November. And complaining that they only just released the Z5 worldwide.

Let's not make this thread a place to bash Sony. We are here for rumours of what is next from the Xperia family.

Also, when it comes to loud speakers and camera, these are getting better with every generation. The Z5 Premium speakers are louder than I'd ever want to use and the camera is fine. I think disappointment is born out of misaligned expectation. A phone speakers will never be as nice as a standalone speaker, nor will a camera beat a DSLR. It just won't happen. Horses for courses. If you want a bose sound system to power a party buy one, if you want pro photos buy a DSLR. The problem of 'I want my phone to do those things' is YOUR problem.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2016-02-10 06:07 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 07:22
We should bash Sony because if we don't bash it, it will never become better, and clearly they are doing a lot of things wrong. Hopefully someone from Sony will read this forum and will try fix all that things over there.

They should focus on getting their camera quality to the at least Samsung and LG level. I know that Z5 camera can produce better photos in some situations but in others it performs so bad while competitors cameras are great in almost any condition.

Also i like extended release cycle but they scheduled it on the wrong date, they should go head to head with Samsung and LG at MWC every year.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 10:49

On 2016-02-10 07:00:19, Ricky D wrote:

Sony has (almost) always come through with the goods. When a device is later to market the competitors it's usually because it's got something up it's sleeve. When Sony release new handsets every six months there are calls for extending the cycle, when they extended the cycle there are moans that phones are slow to market.

IF Sony announced am 820 handset in two weeks people will be saying the Chinese companies showed theirs last November. And complaining that they only just released the Z5 worldwide.

Let's not make this thread a place to bash Sony. We are here for rumours of what is next from the Xperia family.

Also, when it comes to loud speakers and camera, these are getting better with every generation. The Z5 Premium speakers are louder than I'd ever want to use and the camera is fine. I think disappointment is born out of misaligned expectation. A phone speakers will never be as nice as a standalone speaker, nor will a camera beat a DSLR. It just won't happen. Horses for courses. If you want a bose sound system to power a party buy one, if you want pro photos buy a DSLR. The problem of 'I want my phone to do those things' is YOUR problem.

About the speakers. I pointed out the mono speakers having better volume levels and quality. I think expecting to hear my phone ringing in a mall or such is my right.

And the camera. Noone expects dslr quality cameras but samsung and iphone are better although they use the same sensor. This is a shame. Even my priv takes better low light photos with HDR mode. I believe Sony should have addressed the issue, it's been 4 years.

About the bashing, we all want sony to succeed but as an enthusiast I should point out my concerns so that if a sony employee reads these forums they can learn.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 11:01

On 2016-02-09 21:41:45, amirprog wrote:
@thetube
I think you are missing the point a bit. How can one have high expectations for a highly niche device successor like a mini tablet which the ultra really is when the company can't even make truly competitive pioneering flags (which are the bread and butter of almost manufacturers) since they exist? stylus from sony? For them it is too radical and lack buzz words with big numbers (and i'm not even a big stylus fan but some would like it) No, they prefer to only make a momentary buzz with the dumb down "4k display" and "23mp" camera, etc. sony mobile priority: big numbers>rest... Camera... what have not written here about the camera? no need to even mention... +1 for mentioning speakers but i add - for all z devices. I mentioned here already a few times from a long time ago and also in sony forums that they should offer htc one like speaker quality and in order to make it happen they should decrease the ip rating (which fans will accept because the phone WILL REMAIN a water resistant/low rating waterproof - relax water phobics ). Back to reality... We all know that the compact is unique only because it has no true rivals. The same could be said for the ultra in 2013-2014. these days, If one really want a mini tablet with phone capabilities in 6.5"-7" then other manufacturers offer the best options. I wish sony read this forum for criticism so maybe they will learn something for once and address what fans, consumers and reviewers want them to improve because they don't seem to give a damn. Reading the rumors thread from this website alone since 2012-2013 is enough to get the idea.

2013, 2014, 2015, we're in 2016 now: Lets discuss this:
1. Do you all think sonymobile will ever truly address the loud and clear criticism? Do you think they will ever offer truly competitive flags? List the things that YOU want them to improve or add in order to make truly competitive devices. Don't mention marketing please.
2. Where do you think sonymobile will be in 2-3 years? Do you think they will exist or not and why?

[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-09 20:50 ]

There is no competition in that screen size. No premium brands that I know of. If you are going to tell me the Chinese brands then they offer rivals to the compact also. For the stylus, sony is familiar with styluses. They can very well add that feature. For the camera, There are no phones with 6.4 inch screen that happens to have a camera on par with Z5's. By the way, 5.7 inch screen size is the worst choice they can make since they will face bizarre competition. They should lower the production rates and raise the ASP. Don't go to masses but analyze the market so that you can keep up with the demand to your niche market. I am pretty sure we won't see sony mobile if they choose to compete with other OEMs.

To your questions

1. Better speakers. Heck even the moto x has better speakers than the sony phones.
2. Warmer display.
3. Camera (duh...)
4. Stylus for the ultra variant.
5. Matching specs. Best cpu and the same ram as in note series.
6 better earbuds.
7. Quick charger out of the box.
8. Availability. Don't present new phones if you are going to release them 3 months later. Do it in the exact same month.
9. The curve of the frames is a blasphemy to my eyes. It all started with the Z3.
10. Put the grippy back of the Z4 tablet to your phones. So people can have the option to use their devices naked.
11. 1080p display for the compact.
12. I just don't want to talk about the flagship . Put a curved screen maybe? Just looks sleek. No functionality really.
13. Leave the ugly colorful UI. Go back to black.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2016-02-10 10:21 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 11:17
How does iPhone outsell all Androids? In every category the S6 has greater performance and numbers but it can't take that top spot. Its marketing and perception. iPhone is simple and just works. Samsung Galaxy is a powerhouse. The Note is a mega powerhouse. Sony is what? What pops into your mind when I say Sony? Once upon a time it was design, Cybershot, Walkman phones. The fact is that the Z5 is as good as the S6 in most categories, the difference being very little apart from the processor. S6 Edge being something unique is worthy of Samsung taking top spot in Android sales. HTC Boomsound came and went so clearly it isn't the answer to Sony selling more. I think that even if Sony were to make a phone with a sensational design, they would instantly sell more regardless of hardware or software limitations. Early HTC was like this and they like Sony have a number of legendary devices that people will remember for one standout feature. A memorable design would be enough in my opinion, bring back the Arc design I say.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 11:29

On 2016-02-10 11:17:36, badassmam wrote:
How does iPhone outsell all Androids? In every category the S6 has greater performance and numbers but it can't take that top spot. Its marketing and perception. iPhone is simple and just works. Samsung Galaxy is a powerhouse. The Note is a mega powerhouse. Sony is what? What pops into your mind when I say Sony? Once upon a time it was design, Cybershot, Walkman phones. The fact is that the Z5 is as good as the S6 in most categories, the difference being very little apart from the processor. S6 Edge being something unique is worthy of Samsung taking top spot in Android sales. HTC Boomsound came and went so clearly it isn't the answer to Sony selling more. I think that even if Sony were to make a phone with a sensational design, they would instantly sell more regardless of hardware or software limitations. Early HTC was like this and they like Sony have a number of legendary devices that people will remember for one standout feature. A memorable design would be enough in my opinion, bring back the Arc design I say.

Iphone is another story . But the Z5 can't even get close to S6. I literally hate samsung design but majority of people think differently. s6 has 2 crucial things. Better display and better camera. Kiss your flagship goodbye if you can't compete in those 2 areas.
markyr74
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 12:34

Old member here, had to re-register though as I forgot my username haha. Anyway I still read these forums and have to say, you are right, this site has turned into a bit of a Sony bashing exclusive site! No positivity at all towards them, it's like it's over run with Samsung and Apple fans.

Thankfully many people out there also agree Sony are still doing it right, I am one of them. Think their tablets and phones are great and the do offer things over the competition.

Anyway I'm hoping this thread will get back on track, like EVLeaks announced Sony are to show a tiny bluetooth headset at MWC, is their any mention of that amongst all the hate??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-02-10 12:34
You're right. You have the right to voice concerns. Please do so in a new thread dedicated to Sony Xperia misgivings (2016 edition)
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Aycaramba
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 14:54
Esato was founded in the year 2001 and was mainly targeted at Sony Ericsson mobile phone users. We started with a couple of services offering free ringtones, grayscale logos for the Ericsson T39 and R520 models. We have expanded the service to include free color backgrounds for over 50 mobile phone models. Other popular services are the discussion forum for anyone interested in topics about mobile phones and accessories. Even if the focus was targeted at Sony Ericsson owners, we now have separate forums for owners of other brands. The most popular sections are the News, Blog, discussion forum, Free themes, free color backgrounds and a service where users can upload images from a PC and download a converted image down to their mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Aycaramba on 2018-08-07 15:54 ]
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 15:44

On 2016-02-10 12:34:00, markyr74 wrote:

Old member here, had to re-register though as I forgot my username haha. Anyway I still read these forums and have to say, you are right, this site has turned into a bit of a Sony bashing exclusive site! No positivity at all towards them, it's like it's over run with Samsung and Apple fans.

Thankfully many people out there also agree Sony are still doing it right, I am one of them. Think their tablets and phones are great and the do offer things over the competition.

Anyway I'm hoping this thread will get back on track, like EVLeaks announced Sony are to show a tiny bluetooth headset at MWC, is their any mention of that amongst all the hate??

It is not bashing. We are only criticizing Sony since this is a Sony forum. I also follow crackberry and it's the same. .

Since there are no leaks, I guess there are no phones this time. I support the decision but an Ultra variant would be cool and they could have tested the new SoC in a larger device (always favorable).

If the Z6 tablet is real I am going to buy it this year. Z4 tablet never arrived to my country so I will buy it from abroad this time.

By the way what you guys think about Sony using the same material from the back of the Z4 tablet.

bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2016-02-10 16:40

On 2016-02-10 11:17:36, badassmam wrote:
A memorable design would be enough in my opinion, bring back the Arc design I say.

Arc, Ray and the NXT Series have awesome designs. I can't wait to have that LED Strip back in action.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic