Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 117118119 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 07:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Band concept is awesome, I hope Sony bring this idea to a new Round Smartwatch of their own...

In another though...
Sony To ‘Aggressively’ Push Into Mobile Gaming

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016[....]ively-push-into-mobile-gaming/
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-06 08:42
The FES Watch U is just a watch. Not a smart watch. It only tells the time and looks sexy and has a 2 year battery life (at least the first one did anyway). In my opinion that's smarter than a watch that tries (in vain) to do everything that the device 3 inches further down your also does.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 08:50

On 2016-09-06 08:42:02, Ricky D wrote:
The FES Watch U is just a watch. Not a smart watch. It only tells the time and looks sexy and has a 2 year battery life (at least the first one did anyway). In my opinion that's smarter than a watch that tries (in vain) to do everything that the device 3 inches further down your also does.

this is the exact reason I'm not even interested at smart watch. I don't like the fact that phones only last 1 day or less on a full charge. a smart watch is not any better while offering nothing essential
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 13:32
^
I disagree. A smartwatch saves you from having to repeatedly take your phone out so for me at least, I see a massive improvement in my phone battery life.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-06 18:14

On 2016-09-06 13:32:06, badassmam wrote:
^
I disagree. A smartwatch saves you from having to repeatedly take your phone out so for me at least, I see a massive improvement in my phone battery life.

and you now have to charge 2 "phones" almost daily?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-07 02:52
I was thinking he same thing. To use a device that is equally inefficient in battery consumption solve a battery consumption issue doesn't quite make sense.

Reading between the lines though, you imply a certain amount of convenience by not having to take out yor phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2016-09-07 01:54 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-07 03:23
it's definitely about convenience and for some people, like me, we just enjoy wearing watches. it's a fashion statement/accessory.

that being said, i have yet to invest in a smartwatch or wearable strictly due to the short battery life. the convenience of not having to pull out my phone is outweighed by the inconvenience of having to take off my watch and charging it every night.

jerry seinfeld said something recently about how in the past we only needed to worry about our lives, but now our battery life/lives take priority. sad but true.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 05:27

On 2016-09-07 03:23:06, moogoo wrote:
it's definitely about convenience and for some people, like me, we just enjoy wearing watches. it's a fashion statement/accessory.

that being said, i have yet to invest in a smartwatch or wearable strictly due to the short battery life. the convenience of not having to pull out my phone is outweighed by the inconvenience of having to take off my watch and charging it every night.

jerry seinfeld said something recently about how in the past we only needed to worry about our lives, but now our battery life/lives take priority. sad but true.

you can wear regular watch and still have a smartphone right?
I only need to replace my watch's battery once every 7-9 years, not recharging every day
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-07 06:30
i get that supercoolman. but it's why people want to spend $10k on a rolex instead of $50 on a casio. it's cause they like it. it's something special. people just like watches. i'm not saying it makes sense for me, but for some people it does. a smartwatch is yet another type of watch and it makes sense for some and not for others. that's all.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 08:05

On 2016-09-07 06:30:52, moogoo wrote:
i get that supercoolman. but it's why people want to spend $10k on a rolex instead of $50 on a casio. it's cause they like it. it's something special. people just like watches. i'm not saying it makes sense for me, but for some people it does. a smartwatch is yet another type of watch and it makes sense for some and not for others. that's all.

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying
I say smart watch doesn't save battery. that doesn't mean I say smart watch are useless for all purpose
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 17:29
I work in a laboratory with a lot of nasty chemicals, I have gloves on so its awkward trying to take your phone out all the time and especially annoying if I get spam. For my own piece of mind, I wash my phone before I leave work anyway so I need that to be waterproofed. Having a smartwatch allows me to go through messages when I have gloves on so it saves me a lot of hassle especially if I'm mid experiment. I can't live without a smartwatch now.

In terms of battery life, since the latest android wear update the watch battery life has bombed. I used to get 3 or 4 days on one charge (I switch it off when I get home) and now I get 2 days maximum. The one blessing is that I can charge it fully in 15 minutes. Regarding my phone, it does make a massive difference as I easily get a day and a half on one charge. That means I don't have to charge overnight so I just casually charge when I'm at my desk.

I'm definitely a watch fan, I have a few designers but my pride and joy is my Tag. It feels really good to wear a traditional watch, metal strap and lightweight. I saw the new Withings with the small notification dial, it looks like its the best of both worlds since all smartwatches seem to big and fat these days.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 18:06
I like smartwatch. It is really convenient especially when you are driving. You can glance to your watch to read short messages (for example). I do agree on the batter limitation and that is why I like Sony smartwatch (I have sony smartwatch 2). That smartwatch can last 5 days with one charge and I think, wireless charger can solve the battery issue. Most people will take off their watch before going to bed and you can put the watch on the charging plate and will be fully charged the next morning. By placing the watch on a wireless charging plate, it feels like you are not charging the watch

I hope Sony will implement the FES concept on their smartwatch.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2016-09-07 17:07 ]
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 22:37
This is really the end.
And I say this as one of the most loyal user, as I have ever had only Ericsson, Sony Ericsson and Sony phones.

Cca. 10 years ago, when Apple introduced the iPhone, it's key selling point was it's flawlessly operating touchscreen, which, honestly, hadn't even been approached by the competition.
On the other hand, while Apple reinvented the concept of smartphone, asking for double or triple the price tag of a high-end (smart)phone of those days, the iPhone hadn't managed to compete with the widening specifications of feature phones.
At that time Sony Ericsson was leading the "cameraphone" segment, while iPhone had one of the most basic cameras...

Why I'm I stating that the end is here?
Because the newly announced iPhone 7 brings OIS, quad LED dual tone flash, and even the iPhone 6s/ or SE offers more reliable camera performance than any Sony phone up to date...

And Sony, as all the competition's camera sensor supplier, doesn't feel the need of introducing in 2016 OIS in it's phones, or offering something more, but at least something similar to the competition... (((((((
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 22:46

On 2016-09-07 22:37:47, puestadelsol wrote:
This is really the end.
And I say this as one of the most loyal user, as I have ever had only Ericsson, Sony Ericsson and Sony phones.

Cca. 10 years ago, when Apple introduced the iPhone, it's key selling point was it's flawlessly operating touchscreen, which, honestly, hadn't even been approached by the competition.
On the other hand, while Apple reinvented the concept of smartphone, asking for double or triple the price tag of a high-end (smart)phone of those days, the iPhone hadn't managed to compete with the widening specifications of feature phones.
At that time Sony Ericsson was leading the "cameraphone" segment, while iPhone had one of the most basic cameras...

Because the newly announced iPhone 7 brings OIS, quad LED dual tone flash, and even the iPhone 6s/ or SE offers more reliable camera performance than any Sony phone up to date...

And Sony, as all the competition's camera sensor supplier, doesn't feel the need of introducing in 2016 OIS in it's phones, or offering something more, but at least something similar to the competition... (((((((

5 axis stabilisation. What are you talking about? In 2016 iphone 7 did not introduce fast charging. It is an epic, epic fail.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-09-07 23:08

On 2016-09-07 22:46:15, thetube wrote:

On 2016-09-07 22:37:47, puestadelsol wrote:
This is really the end.

5 axis stabilisation. What are you talking about? In 2016 iphone 7 did not introduce fast charging. It is an epic, epic fail.

I'm not saying that iPhone convinced me. I'm just saying, that Sony disappoints me.

Videos are ever more popular for capturing and sharing unique moments on social media, both models bring significant advancements in the evolution of image stabilization, cultivated in Sony’s Handycam® camcorders, with Sony’s SteadyShot™ with Intelligent Active Mode to enable superb video. Now with 5-axis stabilization you can shoot smoother videos[iii] even when walking or capturing extreme close-ups[iv].

[iii] 5-axis stabilization feature is only available in Full HD video resolution
[iv] 5-axis stabilization is activated only when the camera recognizes macro video. Other situations will be recorded as 3-axis(pitch/yaw/roll) only

Source: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/p[....]mage-sensing-technology/#_edn3

What annoys me are blurry indoors pictures with my Z3 compact, caused by slight handshakes. This kind of blur I've never experienced for example with my Xperia ray (it's digital image stabilisation at least worked). And photos aren't better stabilised since the Z3 compact. That's a fact.

Before you want to teach me the basics of photography, I know what does a 1/16 s shutter speed mean, and I can also recognise a motion blur on a photo. Or what would you call when on almost every second picture made in my room, I can see ghosted double numbers on the LED clock?
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2016-09-07 22:09 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 117118119 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic