Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 13:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-20 08:14:07, Ebato wrote:

On 2016-01-20 07:24:18, Xajel wrote:
and you can't open a Apple Store in a country where they don't buy Apple...

Name at least one...

Heh, it's just an example, they buy Sony in every country, but it's not worth it to open a Sony store in every country... and BTW... a lot of countries doesn't have Apple Store actually... there're authorized dealers thought in most countries.. we have two of these.. and no Apple Store
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 13:26
Its true that Sony cannot sell anyway near what Samsung and Apple does but you're missing the whole market. What about the whole Chinese economy and the effect that is having? The fact is that Samsung has had lower sales than they expected irrespective of what everyone else is doing and their position is suddenly at risk because something similar happened to HTC. If the iP7 comes with a revamped design and a couple of new features I would expect it to dominate sales, its what is expected this year if Apple can deliver something new. That doesn't make Samsung bankrupt, it forces them into a new strategy because that what they would have to do, all companies readjust. The truth is that Sony could get rid of mobile and be fine with TV, PlayStation, movies and music but Samsung losing in mobile would have an impact on them.

If Samsung had the confidence they would've launched their flagships with Apple but they can't, they will lose and so will everyone else. If the S7 has 2-day battery, waterproofing, SD slot will you say that they never looked at Sony? Do they not use Sony camera sensors? My prediction is that the Z6 will be the phone that Sony has worked toward if you remember back a few years to their strategy to cut costs and survive. The whole mobile industry will slow down this year, Apple will take back the top spot and everyone from Samsung to HTC and Sony will feel that.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 15:42
If Sony can may be leverage the new battery technology into their devices, and do it quick, then that would be a massive USP.

May be it can expand further into the sub 5" category. The Compact series gets rave reviews and dominates this segment in that respect, but it still needs that big marketing push.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 03:10
I might be minority here, but to be honest, I don't know why people choose samsung over sony? I can understand if people go with apple because it is on a different OS, but not samsung. To me, Sony smartphones are better in almost every aspect compared to samsung, be it the design, the interface (smoothness), the display (color accuracy), camera and top of all the battery life. I don't see any problem with sony's phones. The reason they are not selling as good as samsung or apple is due to the marketing.
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 04:04

On 2016-01-21 03:10:59, MyP910 wrote:
I might be minority here, but to be honest, I don't know why people choose samsung over sony? I can understand if people go with apple because it is on a different OS, but not samsung. To me, Sony smartphones are better in almost every aspect compared to samsung, be it the design, the interface (smoothness), the display (color accuracy), camera and top of all the battery life. I don't see any problem with sony's phones. The reason they are not selling as good as samsung or apple is due to the marketing.

Hi Sir,

IMO Samsung have more camera feature like it's allow us to control shutter speed manually but Sony's not (I really want to blast Kazuo Hirai because of this) another thing is an advertisement which Samsung did it better than Sony does.

Advertisement doesn't work on someone like me but it does work for someone who purchase any product just because it's show up on the TV.

Furthermore in 2015 the Sony Xperia M5 does have annoying issues like it shutdown itself and unable to power on until it have been charged due to low quality battery. Some of Z5 series have a low quality camera which it result in blurry picture especially in the corner.

Sony must improve their QC, Camera feature and advertisement if they really want to sell more phone.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 05:46
Well we know Sony is building a new smartphone factory slated to begin production sometime in fiscal 2016. For those stating that they think Sony will back out of the smartphone business, that's probably the biggest indicator we have otherwise. Plus hopefully this factory will mean that QA will increase drastically.
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 08:56
Look like there will be 2 phones in MWC
One is low end which we seen leaked photos before[F31XX]
One is 5.2inch[F51XX]
Cheers!
Some website post the picture from indonesia postel.
[ This Message was edited by: maloqs on 2016-01-21 08:14 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 09:30
yup here is the link

https://sertifikasi.postel.go.id/index.php?0601=&key=2&cari=sony

Old T3 was D51xx, so maybe we are looking at a new T6? As for the other model #, perhaps it will be the new E but spec'd up so is getting a number bump as well?
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2016-01-21 08:35 ]
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 09:55
I still waiting the UAprof,currently no info from UAprof
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 16:21
Hmmm, what's this about now?

http://jewishbusinessnews.com[....]semiconductor-for-200-million/
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 19:10

On 2016-01-21 03:10:59, MyP910 wrote:

What phones are you talking about? Judging by your words it seems that you did not hold the latest sony devices and samsung devices and read comparisons and compare yourself. Lets just say i fully disagree with you. It is easy to choose samsung over sony, too easy especially after samsung radically improved the design with s6 and note 5 and slimmed the software. Lets take note 5 and z5p for good example:
Design - as premium as z5p and arguably even more premium with its uniquely shaped back and corners, more plisant to hold in hand, z5p has an unlikable sharp metal bezel, you need to compare to notice. Lets call it a tie or a slight advantage to note 5.
Display - note 5, best on the market - one word? stunning. Best color accuracy (in basic or photo mode), viewing angles, brightness, contrast, 2k res always on, you name it. must be experienced in person to fully appreciate.
Screen to body ratio - best on the market, when you consider the hardware components inside and the premium glass and metal design, one of the most desirable features in a phone. A great achievement regardless of the slimmed battery capacity.
Sound - note 5 has superior audio experience, one of the best on the market, better then z5p with its built in noise cancelling feature. Read the dozens of comparisons and reviews if you think i'm wrong and experience yourself.
Camera - note 5, best on the market (only rivaled by v10 in manual mode). Enough said.
Camera software - note 5, arguably the best on the market, experience is second to none, smooth as butter, zero lag experience. Need to be experienced in person. Pro mode camera features - only rivaled by v10.
Performance - note 5, best on the market with the ram management issue that should not bother or noticed by 99% of users and can be fixed if one wish to root. The coolest processor out of all processors on the market.
Battery - note 5, best on the market battery life despite the slimmed capacity, only matched by iphone 6s plus (ios). fast wireless charging - only available in note 5.
Speaker - Z5p might have a stereo effect but the note 5 speaker is louder. I call this a tie.
Software - Arguably the fastest experience on the market. Slim finally, i hold a moto g3 next to my note 5 and there is a very little difference in amount of built in apps and you can always change apps to your liking and make the experience close to stock android, almost everything can be modified out of the box. Ditch the samsung ui theme for google dark material theme with some super sharp 2k wallpaper - a win.
Storage - 64gb note 5 vs 32gb z5p with micro sd. I'd call this a tie or a slight advantage for z5p. Personally i don't miss a micro sd at all even though i think it should be in all high end phones. Anyway, very easy to move data to pc which i really don't need atm, 64gb internally is just enough.
Unique features - note 5 - fast wireless charging. Spen, i did not fully dive to using the spen yet but it is the most impressive and potentially useful feature on the market. Heart rate sensor - damn accurate, see comparisons to pro hr monitors, nice for me to have though i wouldn't really miss it if it wasn't there. Z5p - Waterproofing - useful but i couldn't care less because it cause muffled speakers sound and the phone more prone to heating. 4k - Nice "i had it first" bragging rights, nothing more. In real life usage - a dumbed down half baked display by a dumb 4k res and i already mentioned that overall note 5 display is easily superior overall, too easily. Might be a tie for some only due to waterproofing but generally? Note 5 unique features are much more useful and readily available for users to use, always on.
Price - for the same price that sony is asking for z5p you can get note 5 in 64gb version. A win.
Software and hardware engineering and QA (quality assurance) work - Note 5, also arguably the best on the market (exynos, oled, camera ois, admirable image processing work, etc.), only rivaled in some aspects by iphone 6s plus due to apple software+hardware integration.

I write all this as a person who disliked samsung phones in the fast. These days there is little to none to dislike in s6 and note 5 and little to none to like in sony phones.

Sony is insulting us consumers.

I wish sony read my criticism here if they strive to radically improve. I speak from the heart.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-01-21 19:54 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 20:58
Amirprog

You finally see my reasons for my harsh criticisms of Sony. Although the Z5 Premium is a great step in the right direction, the devices before it, IMO, greatly fell behind and didn't inspire customers.

Sony are always close but not close enough. I truly hope the Z6 Premium/Plus rips apart the competition, Sony have the potential but never truly exploit it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 21:20

On 2016-01-21 20:58:45, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Amirprog

You finally see my reasons for my harsh criticisms of Sony. Although the Z5 Premium is a great step in the right direction, the devices before it, IMO, greatly fell behind and didn't inspire customers.

Sony are always close but not close enough. I truly hope the Z6 Premium/Plus rips apart the competition, Sony have the potential but never truly exploit it.

Sony are always close but not enough................can you please more explain than becouse you make a claim nothing more.

Second,samsung make the worst phones, design ,material they use and their screen are so inacurate colors, no stereo speakers, oversharping (software) phothos they have and they use their own crappy CPU copied in the past .

Samsung are also very sneaky, paid reviewers,retailers or providers to sell more of their products.
people going to see that, if i ask a phone they always said Samsung not Iphone,not HTC not Sony only Samsung is their first replay.........................just sick and people fall for this sick trick of samsung.

And this is a sony thread, get lost with your promoting crapsung post................for god sake.
[ This Message was edited by: hello1000 on 2016-01-21 20:22 ]
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-21 22:51

On 2016-01-21 16:21:38, vivftp wrote:
Hmmm, what's this about now?

http://jewishbusinessnews.com[....]semiconductor-for-200-million/

very interesting if it's true...
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-01-22 01:31

On 2016-01-18 14:42:28, rickrz wrote:

On 2016-01-17 22:52:30, amardeep wrote:
I don't follow all this stuff to quite the same degree as most of you, so the Z5 series look quite good to me (within the constraints of the processor available). Compact model variant if you want that, great camera, fast enough, waterproof(ish!), snazzy fingerprint sensor. Hang on. No one bothered about this ? No fingerprint sensor in US Xperia Z5 and Z5 Compact models Seems nuts if true.
[ This Message was edited by: amardeep on 2016-01-17 21:53 ]

Apparently, Sony's fingerprint sensors aren't working that well. So to avoid having more problems with it, and destroying even more the little reputation they have in the US, I think they opted for just removing it. Although it's just rumors, nothing certain.

Hardly a shred of proof to this.

I live just north of US_Buffalo, NY ... yeah in Canada Eh!?

We have 42million population about 1/3 of that is able to purchase and own/use a smartphone so we don't have an isolated specific market we're just along for the ride in this region.

Bell Mobility in Canada carriers both the Z5 Premium and Z5 (released in opposite order less than 7wks from one another). I highly doubt the US models will have fingerprint reader removed. Especially if it's just as reliable as iPhone 5S or 6/6S models which ALL use the same sort of sensor. there are times where it's in accurate, my dry skin brothas can testify with cream on their hands!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic