Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2016-07-31 13:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sadly I don't think Sony will make it This year has really been catastrophic with the x-series. Sweden used to be a great market for Sony (old sony ericsson tradition) but this year I haven't seen any enthusiasm at all. The Xperia x forums on swedroid, the biggest android site, are almost empty. The threads here on esato are like 5 pages. I really hope they release something good now in September or they will disappear.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-07-31 16:41
@motvikt

While I agree with you in the enthusiastic POV, Sony in the other hand will not get money from few fan folks, they desperately need money to stand up again, so they came with this idea of the X series... I think it's their highest ever margin of profit per a device, Sony is known for their high margin of profit which is only shadowed by Apple, but with X series they're making it higher also and closing the gap with Apple, I don't know by how much but they're doing very well to the point that they're actually getting profit despite the huge decrease in sales...

At this time, while I really need Sony to bring the best of Sony ( which I've been waiting very long for ), they're not in a situation that allows them to do so, it's hard for them to do it specially with the kind of management they have ( like they're afraid of pushing up the camera software so that this will affect the Point and Shoot market they have ), I'm also doesn't want Sony to loose everything and just fall to the point of no return... they just need more time to do more...

But honestly, I can't see that even with the latest leak of the new design that thing's are changing, I think that even that doesn't have the WOW factor we've been waiting for, not design wise as I will not judge the design until I see it in hand, but from other HW and SW spec. and features... the camera looks like move up like the dual tone LED, and that thing that looks like a laser AF thingie.. but who knows what else this phone might bring to the table... while OIS isn't in my list for the WOW factor, but having a 1080p panel on a 5" device, isn't something peoples are WOWed about with every other maker is moving to 1440p... and where's the premium 4K successor ? hell even Samsung is rumoured about it -finally-..
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-31 19:44
I think the biggest factor in the massive decline in Sony Mobile this year has been the public attitude from Sony themselves.

(from memory) Kaz said something about Sony Mobile moving away from handsets and towards IoT devices. Someone else (head of Sony Mobile?) said they are looking at alternative strategies for Sony Mobile and refused to discount a sale of the division. Another time Kaz made out that mobile is no longer a core sector to Sony..

All of this adds up to not very good sentiment in the tech blogs who then influence the general public through various forms.

Really, even if they are planning on folding or selling out they should publicly be standing by the division until the moment they pull the plug. Will not go quietly into the night, will not go down without a fight and all that. At least that way they will know it's their devices that have killed them not their bad attitude.

The X series has been about the same amount of improvement over previous generations as others have, but they kind of just threw it out there and said "buy it if you want, we don't really care".
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2016-07-31 18:47 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-31 19:50
I think the next few weeks will probably define Sony's future in the mobile business, I reckon they'll be 2 devices launched at IFA, the one that some plantpot is trying to sell and a compact version of the same. Hopefully they'll both have a USP and give Sony some much needed positive publicity in the run up to Christmas which will be crucial I think.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-07-31 21:16

On 2016-07-31 19:50:07, XperiaJunkie wrote:
I think the next few weeks will probably define Sony's future in the mobile business, I reckon they'll be 2 devices launched at IFA, the one that some plantpot is trying to sell and a compact version of the same. Hopefully they'll both have a USP and give Sony some much needed positive publicity in the run up to Christmas which will be crucial I think.

places that celebrates Christmas are the regions Sony Mobile is defocusing these days...
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-31 21:28
Surely Europe is still one of Sony's key demographic areas in which most countries celebrate Christmas or their respective equivalent tradition and they'll be wanting to claw back the loss made in the previous quarter.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-08-01 10:02
Was at a mall the other day where there was a SONY and SAMSUNG booth side by side. Wasn't bale to see the Samsung phones much due to the crowd but could check out all the devices from SONY since hardly anyone bothered to check them out. One aged guy asks the SONY rep that he heard SONY is shutting down..the rep goes like no they are just stopping marketing in India so that they can save money and price their devices cheaper. I am like..when did they even have any marketing here and Z5P still costs more that OP3 and as much as S7 -_-

Disappointed with SONY..my Z2 is due for a replacement and my S7 EDGE Black will reach within a weak. Never thought id get a SAMSUNG..
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-08-01 15:23
^^^^

The latest report I read was that Sony Mobile will only sell Premium phones in India
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-08-01 15:30

That was the case always. So not much change. What we lose is the half baked attempts to sell below average entry level handsets, which only sold so much due to the Sony brand. Sony always had a niche following in the high end smartphone market here, and that isn't about to change anytime soon.
[ This Message was edited by: Karun on 2016-08-01 14:30 ]
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 06:48
September 1

Xperia XX and Xperia XR

Xperia XR

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ll-upcoming-sony-xperia-f833x/
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 09:31

On 2016-08-02 06:48:12, ADIDA wrote:
September 1

Xperia XX and Xperia XR

Xperia XR

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ll-upcoming-sony-xperia-f833x/

if they follow the same naming trend, third one is going to be???
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 11:45
Xperia X Sex. . Sounds hot.
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 11:47
Same Price

Xperia XX Spec:
QHD Screen
4GB RAM
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 16:04

On 2016-08-02 11:47:34, ADIDA wrote:
Same Price

Xperia XX Spec:
QHD Screen
4GB RAM

Same price as XR? What is the point of having two devices priced the same if one is better?
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-02 16:11
I dont know....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 828384 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic