Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2016-01-18 14:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-17 22:52:30, amardeep wrote:
I don't follow all this stuff to quite the same degree as most of you, so the Z5 series look quite good to me (within the constraints of the processor available). Compact model variant if you want that, great camera, fast enough, waterproof(ish!), snazzy fingerprint sensor. Hang on. No one bothered about this ? No fingerprint sensor in US Xperia Z5 and Z5 Compact models Seems nuts if true.
[ This Message was edited by: amardeep on 2016-01-17 21:53 ]

Apparently, Sony's fingerprint sensors aren't working that well. So to avoid having more problems with it, and destroying even more the little reputation they have in the US, I think they opted for just removing it. Although it's just rumors, nothing certain.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-01-18 14:45
Or maybe there's some IP issues at this time...

anyway... 22nd Feb. ? that's my birthday Sony... so do well
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-01-18 21:23

On 2016-01-17 19:49:08, McKinley wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony decided to pull the plug this year.
For once I am going to be on the dark side with Ebato on this.

[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2016-01-17 18:50 ]

amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-01-18 21:41
^^ There is no dark side. Nobody conscious will be surprised if sony close their mobile division a year from now... The uncertainty sign is there for obvious reasons from a long time ago. There is a limit for how much money they can loose and with their overall end result in mobile to be honest it is better if they close it unless they drastically change their ways but they did not change their ways until now so it is hard to believe they will. Better close it and not continue the current way. They brought this uncertainty to themselves so they might as well take responsibility and change their delusional way and if it means closing it then it is a good thing. Just don't continue this way sony.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-01-18 20:48 ]
zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 09:57
At the moment, Sony IS the dark side of Android phones. Right now it just seems to be wiser to get a Samsung or a Nexus phone for the best performance/support.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 12:18
Disagree. The Z5 Premium is the best device available on the market in its category. The Z5 Compact is the best device available on the market in its category. They are progressively getting much better and better if you ignore the Z3+ fiasco. If the competition are scrambling to bring new flagships early, its because Sony is top for the moment. Its a big risk though because unless the S7/G5 are a big step above their predecessors people will probably give it a miss and wait for Z6/iP7 before deciding. So far it seems like the S7 will look the same but the G5 seems more of a step forward, based on rumours of course. Sony should do a Z5/Z6 Ultra at MWC and some mid rangers or tablets, it would keep people interested until the September announcements. Also, if the new flagships are only a small step above the Z5 Premium around Summer, chances are that people will still go for a 4K screen at a lower price rather than the the Edge+ which will be expensive. Also, from what I have seen Marshmallow is making the Z5 much faster, that will be a big bonus even for Z3 owners too. With that in mind, I see this as a good situation for Sony and if the Z5 were to take a big price cut, I expect Sony to start recovering.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 17:11
If they are to minimise there losses then I think they will move to a 12 month cycle for their flagships. I wouldn't expect to see the Z6 and Z6 Compact. Like BDM says, I'm expecting phablet.

Mind you, the Z3 Compact Tablet is due a replacement, as it is well over 12 months since it's announcement.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 17:18

On 2016-01-19 17:11:47, goldenface wrote:
If they are to minimise there losses then I think they will move to a 12 month cycle for their flagships. I wouldn't expect to see the Z6 and Z6 Compact. Like BDM says, I'm expecting phablet.

Mind you, the Z3 Compact Tablet is due a replacement, as it is well over 12 months since it's announcement.

Doesn't mean it will be replaced, it was supposed to be replaced at IFA but it wasn't, most likely because Sony was not planning on replacing it? Perhaps the larger 10 inch version will be upgraded only for the time being.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 19:18

On 2016-01-19 09:57:15, zxcorr wrote:
At the moment, Sony IS the dark side of Android phones. Right now it just seems to be wiser to get a Samsung or a Nexus phone for the best performance/support.

That is an understatement.
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-19 19:28

On 2016-01-19 12:18:20, badassmam wrote:
Disagree. The Z5 Premium is the best device available on the market in its category. The Z5 Compact is the best device available on the market in its category. They are progressively getting much better and better if you ignore the Z3+ fiasco. If the competition are scrambling to bring new flagships early, its because Sony is top for the moment. Its a big risk though because unless the S7/G5 are a big step above their predecessors people will probably give it a miss and wait for Z6/iP7 before deciding. So far it seems like the S7 will look the same but the G5 seems more of a step forward, based on rumours of course. Sony should do a Z5/Z6 Ultra at MWC and some mid rangers or tablets, it would keep people interested until the September announcements. Also, if the new flagships are only a small step above the Z5 Premium around Summer, chances are that people will still go for a 4K screen at a lower price rather than the the Edge+ which will be expensive. Also, from what I have seen Marshmallow is making the Z5 much faster, that will be a big bonus even for Z3 owners too. With that in mind, I see this as a good situation for Sony and if the Z5 were to take a big price cut, I expect Sony to start recovering.

Pardon
You honestly think they're "scrambling" to release flagships "early" becuase of Sony????
Oh come on.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 02:00
The Z5 might not be bad relatively to the s6 and iphone 6 but the market unfortunately does not favor it due to the simple fact that Sony lacks the hype they used to have. Sony right now is unattractive, same way for HTC and Lg. The only way they could regain the attention of people away from the big two would be if there would be something extraordinary in their phones. The waterproofing and their current camera proved to be lacking, not enough to sway the heads of people to them. The same way for the other features they brag like 2-day battery life.

Something like a xenon flash, optical zoom the same with Asus Zenfone zoom probably could change their image.
People's mind today are like:

"Sony is good but Samsung and iphone are good too and are trending. Why go for Sony?"

The only people who would go for Sony are those that is looking for something unique.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2016-01-20 01:03 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 07:24
^^^

I agree, What I see in the market, they know that Sony has good phones.. but most are not interested in actually having one... and I see a lot of peoples also say that they buy iPhones and Galaxies only because they can find a lot of accessories in the local market ( specially cases, bumpers & protectors ).. this issue happens to all other makers including LG, Huawei, etc.. thought HTC is little different as you can find flagship accessories easily in the market.. but not the rest of their products...

I don't blame the market for this, after all the market will provide what peoples will buy... you can't open a Sony Store in a country where they don't buy Sony... and you can't open a Apple Store in a country where they don't buy Apple...
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 08:14

On 2016-01-20 07:24:18, Xajel wrote:
and you can't open a Apple Store in a country where they don't buy Apple...

Name at least one...
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 10:20

On 2016-01-20 02:00:56, Shino03 wrote:
The Z5 might not be bad relatively to the s6 and iphone 6 but the market unfortunately does not favor it due to the simple fact that Sony lacks the hype they used to have. Sony right now is unattractive, same way for HTC and Lg. The only way they could regain the attention of people away from the big two would be if there would be something extraordinary in their phones. The waterproofing and their current camera proved to be lacking, not enough to sway the heads of people to them. The same way for the other features they brag like 2-day battery life.

Something like a xenon flash, optical zoom the same with Asus Zenfone zoom probably could change their image.
People's mind today are like:

"Sony is good but Samsung and iphone are good too and are trending. Why go for Sony?"

The only people who would go for Sony are those that is looking for something unique.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2016-01-20 01:03 ]

Exactly.
Many aren't picking the Xperia over the Iphones and Samsungs like that other poster seems to think. Xperia sales aren't even close to those phones, they're definitely not the reason Samsung are releasing the S7 a few weeks earlier than usual.

Furthermore Sonys USP's are dwindling...
S7 is said to be water resistant and so is the iPhone 7.

amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-01-20 13:12
The end result is that sony is just making jokes on themselves and on us consumers. Be it in hardware, software, marketing, product availability and the price they ask that we pay for what they offer and what the competition offer.
Just for hardware example: overall dumb down display thanks to a dumb down 4k res without the now widely desirable and mature oled panel and always on mature qhd res (that the latest processors and battery capacity can handle) is by itself inferior to the competition. They should stop trying poorly to play with consumers mind because they already lost in that. Another example, when they are going (if they are going that is) to announce their next z flag devices we don't want to hear another dilution speech of how they "improved" the camera yet in reality it is still inferior to the competition and still with their trademark infamous image processing. Reminds me of htc.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-01-20 12:14 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic