Previous  123 ... 777879 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-20 15:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-07-20 08:46:08, BenLing wrote:
Btw do you know that the Xperia X series have the NFC detection on the front ? Why is it not possible then ?

Really? I didn't realise. The X series has stirred absolutely zero interest in me and so the detail has passed me by. I suppose it does explain the mysteriously large forehead. I stand by the other statements of being ridiculously positioned.

On another note, I thought Sony were dropping low and mid range handsets but it seems they've simply prefixed them with an X and push them anyway. XA? XA Ultra? Neither has anything groundbreaking or god tier. They're mid rangers with an X prefix, in fact I'd go as far as to say they are the C series with a different name.

No wool over these eyes.

I actually support the 6 month refresh cycle idea. Just cut the rest of the crap. Journalists and consumers were just getting used to it. Offer one handset with top features in 3 sizes Compact, Original and Ultra. Then the only thing they have to keep check of is putting in the right size internal memory, RAM and the CPU.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-07-20 15:20
BTW Kudos to Sony for having updated the most numbers of phones to MM between all the manufacturers
M5 and M4 got their update too
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-07-20 17:03
@ josephnero

Totally agree with you on the review part. I print my photos and put them into albums (a real world application) so I've got lots of stunning prints from my Z1C and Z3+. Real world use of Z1C was amazing in terms of performance and battery, Z3+ heat issue is a problem and battery sucks in comparison. 4K recordings cast onto my 4K TV look awesome, another real world application.

There are certain sites with very obvious bias and dubious tests going on, we know there are sponsored pages and paid commentators and trolls. A very good friend of mine who used to work for Nokia and is now with a successful mobile company tells me that they pay for people to put comments online. This company were named and shamed a few years ago so now are very careful of the comments they make, being more subjective and spamming certain sites. Unethical scumbag companies won't get a penny from me anymore. Before paid and unpaid trolls emerge I should say that Sony made lots of people redundant which sucks.

Go on XDA under specific phone chats and read about the problems people have various devices, everyone has problems and gripes about their phones regardless of review scores or whatever.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-07-20 18:46
The use of Sponsored articles, Web Influencers (On Blogs and Social Media) etc... Are a thing every company do, incl. Sony, all part of a digital strategy. A mixture of PR and SEO, with content being at the core of the strategy. Not sure what agency does it for Sony, I think its MediaCom.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-20 19:55
it would be foolish to think Sony didn't have some company working the digital media angle. However, they probably don't have the influence or cash to have the kind of influence other companies may have.

That being said, I always read reviews with a suspicious eye. A lot of times they don't even have the correct specs, let alone come to the right conclusions. Whether they are paid or not, they are still people and people have bias and opinions, regardless of how unbiased you think you are.

I'm a sony fanboy and i don't deny it. I love sony and have enjoyed every sony phone I've ever had, which is why I continue to stay with them. I'm sure it's not possible in all situations, but the only way to know if a phone is the best or not, is to simply use it in your life and see how you feel and how it performs. If you love it after a week, then it's the best and no review can say otherwise.

anybody else really curious about the new camera implementation? dual LEDs and possibly laser autofocus? I hope they make the lenses proper glass with a sapphire glass cover to prevent scratches. half inch sensor in that fat forehead would be justified too! .. ok i'm starting to drool.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-07-20 20:23
Totally Agree with all of you. as you said Sony surely wants in too but doesn't have much to spare at least mobile division.
Moogo I'm pretty curious too

BTW if it's a little better than Z5 I'm sold. I'll post Z3 vs Z5 vs note 4 in Z5 section later. just to show how good Z5 is
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2016-07-20 19:28 ]
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-07-21 04:18
I hope F8831 and its family have Laser Autofocus and... if it has a full manual mode SONY will successfully sell a lot of them. God damn it just give it a full manual mode.

I'm ready to sell my Z5 when F8831 or its family is available.

P.S. I hope I will not get a defective unit again...
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-07-21 13:02
@Tsepz-GP

You're correct but I'm talking about the more shady behaviour like paid trolling, that's a disgrace and worthy of a cap in the ass. I'm sure more companies do it which is the sad reality of things.

Why have laser focus when they currently have the ultra fast focus and tracking? I think X has the fastest re-focus during video and also, from screen off you can take a properly focused photo before the screen has powered up and the camera UI open. I would bulk up that battery instead because the footprint of the phone looks massive relative to the screen.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2016-07-21 13:30
Benefit of using laser autofocus is not just make it quick but also help to focus on object in a low light condition.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-21 18:58
Poket Lint giving a run down of what to expect from Sony @ IFA2016

Sony's next flagship to have a force touch display
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-21 23:32
nice little run down and summary of the rumors thus far but doesn't give us anything new information.

I agree with most of their predictions and hope that Sony goes above and beyond expectations to deliver something that no one saw coming.

the laser autofocus would be good for low light. obviously the sensor is top notch. i would like to see sony improve on the software side with full manual enabled and improved image processing. we know sony is capable of doing it, so they definitely should (though maybe they don't in order not to pull sales away from their compacts?). Making all the camera lenses glass would be great too.

bigger battery like badassmam said would be very welcome! sony's always been a leader in battery life and boosting this even more would really set them apart. I hope the extra size of the phone seen in the leaks is justified due to additional tech that's been crammed inside. Be it a sound processing chip/better speakers, a real bionz processor, or something entirely new (though to be honest i've never minded the top and bottom bezels)

COME ON SONY! 1.5 months away... i'm getting anxious and while I love the leaks, I'd be perfectly happy if you kept a tight lid on everything and surprised everyone at IFA!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-07-22 12:24
The last few years has seen battery life drop to a pathetic level and I think its wrong that everyone is settling at this point. It feels like Sony the once kings of battery life have looked around and said, 'our battery life is comparable to everyone else so that's fine by us'. Battery life on the XA is so woeful that it makes the phone pointless, you'd get a couple of hours of Pokemon if you're lucky. Capacity and software has to improve, Chinese 5000mA handsets fail to last a day despite the impressive capacity. If you have to limit your phone activities to save battery then the phone is simply not good enough. Put a solar panel in or a some kinetics that charges the battery when jogging. My current solution is to do most things on my smartwatch but its time for a new approach. Somebody needs to make a Moto Mod with solar panels to show us if it is feasible.

When considering the design of a phone we only look at how much can be crammed into a tiny body but people don't appreciate the engineering involved. You have to consider many things including shock absorption and heat dissipation, people recall Xperia camera overheating and SD810 woes and how Z5 had heat pipes to counter the problem. Its easy to say slim down the bezels and cram tons of stuff in but you lose quality. You see lots of people with cracked iPhones still able to use it but that can't be said for any Galaxy Edge not that it's a bad design, just something to consider. The XA sits really nicely in the hand because it's narrow but also the large top and bottom balances the device well. People who whine about bezel size are talking about millimetres, you hardly notice it when you have it in your hand. I can take big bezels and thickness if the device is as amazing as my Z1C.

I was also thinking about the Note 7 iris scanner too, nice idea but not necessary. On a cold day when you have gloves on you use the iris, on a hot sunny day when you have sunglasses on you use fingerprint, on a cold but sunny day when you have gloves and sunglasses on you use your pattern or PIN to unlock. I would ditch the iris scanner for battery capacity given the choice.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-22 18:16
fair point badassmam. i don't think solar technology is good enough yet to be implemented on a smartphone to extend battery life while the phone is in use. If you're watching a video, your battery is going to die whether you have solar panels or not. might as well plug it in and charge. the only real use is if you are simply no where near an electrical outlet and there are solar chargers made for that with much larger surface area. anything on a smartphone would be pretty pointless as it simply uses too much power. as for kinetics, similar issues arise as whatever could be fit into the small device would simply be insufficient to generate the kind of power needed to charge the battery with any real speed.

I do agree we need better battery technology. There are advances in research labs that I've read about but nothing that is even remotely close to making it into consumer technology. I think of similar things when I think about wanting a drone to play with but every time I see the 10-20 minute fly time, I get discouraged. Why can't they add a wind powered generator to continually feed power as it flies? I suppose the answer is the same, i.e., it wouldn't be enough power at the size a drone could carry.

So for now, I think they should focus on larger capacity and better software. I personally don't care if the phone is a bit thicker.
moogoo
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-22 20:36
I personally think in a few years or so this tech will be standard in most flagship devices. Charging your phone as you walk to work, train at the gym or even a bike ride with the kids.

http://www.getampy.com/ndex.html
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-22 20:55
@xperiajunkie - you can see from that product, it's a large device in comparison to a smartphone. they wouldn't be able to incorporate all of that into a smartphone and have it generate any worthwhile amount of energy. plus, I'd be interested to see how much energy that thing can actually generate compared to the amount of activity required.

moogoo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 777879 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic