Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Announced

Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Announced
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-01-26 04:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Vs Apple iPhone 6s Plus Vs LG V10: The Snow Camera Field Test

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphon[....]s_galaxy_note5-review-1366.php
Calvin40
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-11 15:17
Hey guys.Hobbs here.It's been a long time since I visited Esato.Got a Note 5 Gold 32GB for a present and am really really impressed with it.Gave my Note 4 to a friend. This phone is damn impressive performance wise.Doesn't miss a beat.Just does the job no matter what you throw at it.Received mine and it was Vodafone branded so headed over to XDA,rooted it and found a custom rom that had been semi debloated and battery friendly and the rest is history.Getting really good battery life and the phone just keeps performing and impressing.Really really happy with it.

Sorry I'm using a new username.I couldn't log in with my old profile.I couldn't change my password.I couldn't sign up.I could't...I couldn't.I take it this sites being having some issues recently.
[ This Message was edited by: Calvin40 on 2016-02-11 14:19 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-02-12 09:57
Hey Calvin

Enjoy your new phone . it would be interesting to hear what you think if it especially vs note 4.

I personally skipped that 5 because of lack of external storage and also because Samsung decided not to sell it here in EU
Calvin40
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-13 20:01
@aussieland1
Coming from a Note 4 for me software wise everything was familiar since I was running a Note 5 port on the 4. So all Note 5 goodies I have already had on my Note 4. So no suprises there. Where the suprise came in is the performance of the 5. It is topnotch. Fast and smooth no matter what you throw at it. First day I received it I rooted. Then the fact that it was Vodafone service provider branded started to annoy me so I install my first Note 5 custom rom and a new custom kernel. The rest is history. I'm getting phenomenal battery life and 5 star performance. Love the design so much I haven't even put on a protective cover of any form or any screen protection. No SD slot isn't bothering me and I only have the 32GB version. So far couldn't be bothered that I can't remove the battery. Overall it is a brilliant phone,my favourite Note series out of the 3 I've owned. I'm really enjoying it.
[ This Message was edited by: Calvin40 on 2016-02-13 19:02 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-02-13 21:43
@Calvin

Thanks for the feedback. So would you say that with similar software None 5 is superior in both battery and performance -compared to 4? I guess if you have different ROM on them it is difficult to draw a conclusive opinion but still it is interesting to hear .

For me local storage is very important so I would not consider the 32 GB I agree about the design though. Any news about the update to Marshmallow?
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2016-02-13 22:49
I have had the unbranded N920c, 32gb gold edition since September. Like Calvin, I prefer to use it without a case, the beauty is stunning. The phone runs really well, smooth and fast. My issues with it are only 32gb of internal memory (25gb for the user I think) and the battery life isn't good enough. Samsung should not have dropped the battery from 3200 to 3,000.

I love everything esle about this phone except memory and battery life. This is the first android Ive owned and might not root. I will sell it by August though as it seems Samsung has found a way to get microSD cards to work with their superfast internal memory and so the Note 6 should have MicroSD slot. Right now I am down to 10Gb of memeory and I have no large videos on it. THat is not enough.

Other than that I recommend the phone.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Calvin40
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 10:35
@skblakee
I'm getting pretty good battery life. Maybe its due my combination of custom rom and custom kernel.
http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]ent/tw-namelessrom-v1-t3220801
http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]-kernel-galaxy-note-5-t3189907

The last time I bothered to look I had 4h30 minutes Screen On time with 41% juice still in the tank. I don't play games or watch video's on my phones so that does help.
Also love the phone unprotected.Feels good in hand.
Storage for me ain't an issue.I don't store much on my phone and if I do take pics and video I transfer to PC in the evening. Also don't play games and some of the big name games are massive so that would chip away at that precious +- 32GB storage.But yes,it is insane releasing only 32GB models.Should start with 64GB if there isn't a SD slot available.
All in all a brilliant little phone this Note 5.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 12:05
I think rooting the phone and (I am guessing) removing or freezing samsung bloat ware will improve the battery life . Also not playing games will also use less battery. However browsing on amoled screen , use plenty of battery I would have thought. In terms of storage I travel almost 2 hours a day in the tube where I don't have Internet which is why I like to store videos/music on it so for me 32 GB is not enough .

Anyway glad to hear you guys are enjoying it . Shame Samsung didn't release this phone here in EU .
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2016-02-14 12:29 ]
Calvin40
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 13:19
@aussieland1
'However browsing on ambled screen shot'
?

Understand you about the measly storage.Especially for your needs it is essential to be able to top up that number with an external card.
[ This Message was edited by: Calvin40 on 2016-02-14 14:14 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 13:31
Sorry it was meant to be "browsing on amoled screen ". Amoled is known to use more battery while browsing the web
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 14:57
got myself a note 5,n920cd,dual sim model.v fast and smooth.works on o2 network no probs.
galaxy note8
Calvin40
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 15:16
Cool @Daviep Dual sim would be quite useful for me.Nice.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 15:32
Congrats Daviep

In my experience the Note 5 is the best phone from Sammy so far.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2016-02-14 23:19
Daviep

I take it you bought yours from eBay? If so was there no region lock ?
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2016-02-15 00:41
Yes no region lock.bought from ebay,uk seller.tronix computers.was going to buy from dubai only equivelent of £471 for 64gb storage but add on 20% import duty so just got one from a uk seller.such a great phone.samsung really messed up not officially selling in europe as there seems to be loads of grey imports for sale and they all sell quick and for big £S.
I had a s6 edge plus,good phone but its not a note.still got my note 4 as i think its the best android phone ever,wont get rid of it.if the note 6 has micro sd support then it would be perfect.
[ This Message was edited by: daviep on 2016-02-14 23:46 ]
galaxy note8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 9 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic