Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Why all that fuzz about Yahoo! Mail???

Author Why all that fuzz about Yahoo! Mail???
johanch
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-25 20:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I can't understand why some of you guys are going on and on with the Yahoo!Mail-topic. What is the problem??? I'm sending and recieving mail via my Yahoo!Mail-account and have just the following settings:

POP3: pop.mail.yahoo.com
SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I can't understand all that talk about IP-address and so on... Maybe I got a good operator...??? (NetCom GSM - Norwegian operator).

Not angry on you guys, but I just think it's a bit weird that I can use my Yahoo!mail without that IP-thing.

No hard feelings

Johan
bgdido
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-02-25 21:25
I use the same triks with -mail.ru,yahoo.com,gmx.net-working with all

This post was posted from a T39

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-25 21:33
Johan,..I for instance, cant use it.

This is because of Yahoo.dk,..we dont have the option "enable pop3".

On the other hand, I dont need this one, as I got my own email on the phone working fine

Jan

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-26 03:26
johanch, I don't think it's just a matter of making too much fuss about it. The problem is that not all operators have the same settings, or support the protocols that others use, that's why there's a lot of difference with the phone settings, etc..

It seems that you're really lucky with your operator and you were able to set-up your email with minimum trouble, but some are not as lucky as you.

Let's just let it be 'coz I don't think it bothers anybody much if they just ignore the thread if it doesn't interest them. Right? If someone intends to help, they'll look into the thread and do so, some will just move on.

Have a nice day (or night)

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2002-02-26 03:32 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi