Forum > General discussions > General > Business Mobile Phones

Author Business Mobile Phones
mobileinq
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-03-05 01:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello All,

We are looking to invest in providing mobile phones to our employees. Before we do this, we would like to know what other people are using. So if your company provides mobile phones to employees, could you please take a moment to answer the following:

1. What brand of phone does your company provide? (i.e., apple, android, microsoft, etc.).

2. What is the mobile provider you are using?

3. Any other relevant information that may help us in making an informed decision.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

- John
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-03-06 04:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2015-03-05 01:18:10, mobileinq wrote:
Hello All,

We are looking to invest in providing mobile phones to our employees. Before we do this, we would like to know what other people are using. So if your company provides mobile phones to employees, could you please take a moment to answer the following:

1. What brand of phone does your company provide? (i.e., apple, android, microsoft, etc.).

2. What is the mobile provider you are using?

3. Any other relevant information that may help us in making an informed decision.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

- John

John.

There are a LOT of variables to consider ... and I believe this should be done by your I.T. team/CIO.

That said I figure you're asking here for a reason:

1. Consider the size of your company (Under 100/500, over 1000, over 5000) : Locally or Globally.
2. ^ this will weigh considerably on the deals for carrier(s) ^ especially on free upgrade and no cost cancellations if over 1000 locally and a lot more globally.
3. ^ This also would play into your favor if a global company with multiple offices to look for a major carrier with a larger global owner that can tie in your procurement plans on a global scale yet work with various carriers they may own.

4. What is the "culture" of your company employees?
- median age
- technical saviness
- culture of providing the "needy/whiney" users whatever they want (excluding executives)
^ these users will cost you a LOT more in the long run.

5. What is your email infrastructure: hosted by carrier/external (Microsoft/Google) or some 3rd party?!
^ You'll want to heavily consider LEGAL rules based on your business type about retaining all sent/received emails.

6. Consider the need of accessing corporate networks, content, and the security of it.
- Do you value your business content?
- Do you have rules in place that restrict how a user can access it (Corporate owned, personal owned, public terminal access) i.e. users on personal vacation - usage of mobile device and carrier costs (roaming/local) are they going to be responsible, is there a business need to use outside of WiFi?
Do those that handle legal obligations internally and externally have employees aware of these obligations?
Consider equaling the level of security of their laptops as a background starting point to their phones.

7. What do you estimate the roaming needs of your users, out of province/state/country and length of time to partners, other sites, clients, etc.

8. Does your company support SIP or PBX routing of office/desk calls to a mobile number where it's "1 phone number, ring multiple places" ?!

Quite honestly consider your MDM options, yet BlackBerry is heavily and globally renowned for security however they've just announced that with BES12 MDM Server and their Enterprise Suite (and SECUSUITE) ability to bring the look and feel of the BlackBerry 10 OS to Android, iOS, Windows Phone via containerized apps ... and Samsung will ship Galaxy S6 to corporate purchases with these imbedded. Your options are plentiful.

Do your research - ignore sales reps ... Do your research. Get others within your company after you've drafted a model to champion certain sections; collective minds always work better.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi