Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 07:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It seems that not having an early 820 is a good thing if this rumour is true

http://vr-zone.com/articles/q[....]ant-within-1h-2016/101628.html

On 2015-11-13 09:55:15, amirprog wrote:
@Xajel
I wonder how s820 will perform against exynos 8890 in the compact-main-phablet size as this is the big question... but like you wrote sony have plenty of time to figure it out. I hope that qualcomm will compete once again and surpass exynos as almost all manufacturers are dependent on them for their high end devices.
Do you see sony announcing new flags (not a half year regional update like z3+) outside ifa? slim chance.

The latest leaks/rumours suggest that exynos 8890 is faster than s820, but in the same time the s820 has two versions ( see link above ) the first one which is rumoured to be benched is the lowest performing quad core version... there will be another octa core version ( I think if this is true it will have the big.LITTLE core configuration )..

Qualcomm power factor is that they have all the solutions in house, so any manufacturer can have Qualcomm to supply the majority of chips in the phone providing good discounts for such large order, only things lift are RAM, ROM, power and some other extra small chips specially for custom features... other makers just started to follow steps, the major addition is the radio part...

Qualcomm also has the power of independence as they're not producing smartphone by them selfs like Samsung.. so other manufacturers can trust them more... Sony for example can't trust Samsung to provide the latest exynos before Samsung use it for few months... even Sony do this trick with their camera sensors ( using the new sensor first for few months, then allow others to use it )

On 2015-11-18 06:29:58, kabiluddin wrote:
Here is a juicy rumor
Sony mobile may be building their own processor. Yay I hope its true
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151117PD213.html

AFAIK, LG already started before with Nuclun.. they already have 2nd gen Nuclun now.. thought I don't think it's ready for mass usage as they still mostly depend on other SoC's !!

But if this is a cooperation between the two then it's very good
xshopper
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 09:22
The date of release of Z5 Ultra?!:
http://android.com.pl/news/51[....]-data-premiery-czy-to-mozliwe/
New blog about mobiles. Leaks, news and disscussion, check it out:
mobile-leaks.blogspot.com
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 13:40
Well not very credible source . But I wish it was true but March seems like a more logical timeframe than december. But the Z5 Ultra name suggests 2015. We should be seeing Z6 Tablet and Z6 Ultra in March if all these rumors are right.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-11-18 12:42 ]
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 16:47
can't save I am surprise as Sony have been developing ARM based SoC for some of their devices like TV and PS4. Unless those are all rebranded mediatek or Qualcomm chip. Doing this make even more sense for their future android TV line up, phones, tablet and cameras.
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 20:25
So, is an Z6 with an octa core s820 and 2K display (with the premium version using 4K, instead) XR4 rumour rated, or more likely to be 4K for the base model Z6 and no premium as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with a resolution higher than 4K on screen smaller than 6 inches? Also, do you think the Z6 will keep the 5.2 inch screen size or go lower or go higher, than 5.2 inches? It's probably XR5 that the Z6 will release with Android Marshmallow, but when is the next version, codenamed 'Android N' due?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 21:50
anyone got any news about the new design language? I am so bored now with omnibalance.
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-18 23:15
I highly doubt Octacore 820 is true...Qualcomm estentially denounced rushing to high cores again recently.

And 2K is basically 1080p.

You mean QHD
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-19 01:24
This is the site. Any Indians out there to tell whether this site is credible?

http://www.pricedekho.com/mobiles/sony-xperia-z5-ultra-black-price-phUTHD.html
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2015-11-19 05:51
That site is not credible...
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 08:39
Just a quick back to rumours...

Sony denies making their own SoC...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015[....]le-chipset/?utm_source=mainrss
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 13:39

On 2015-11-21 08:39:03, Xajel wrote:
Just a quick back to rumours...

Sony denies making their own SoC...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015[....]le-chipset/?utm_source=mainrss

you missed the phrase "for mobile smartphones"
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 14:26
I don't get what you mean, but read the report again

( According to reports, it seems that both Sony Mobile Taiwan’s General Manager and Sony’s CEO Kazuo Hirai have both denied the claims. )

and the original source of the report clearly mentions a mobile chipset

http://www.gforgames.com/gadg[....]es-own-chip-sale-rumors-50383/
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-21 21:52

On 2015-11-21 14:26:41, Xajel wrote:
I don't get what you mean, but read the report again

( According to reports, it seems that both Sony Mobile Taiwan’s General Manager and Sony’s CEO Kazuo Hirai have both denied the claims. )

and the original source of the report clearly mentions a mobile chipset

http://www.gforgames.com/gadg[....]es-own-chip-sale-rumors-50383/

not sure if gforgames.com is the original source if they didn't do the interview
litoni
Sony Xperia TL
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 02:54
cmon guys, by now we should all know that Sony always bs. Back in Arc/Arcs era, they said Duo-core was useless then they launched a duo core, they also said QHD screen was useless, then they launched 4K screen >.> Sony always contradict itself.
Sony Xperia Z
Previous: Nokia N76 | Sharp SH906i | SE W910 | SE W995 | SE X Arc S | Sony XS | Sony XTX | Sony XT | Sony XZL
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 14:00
@supercoolman

The original source is chinese, this is the first one who made in in english... other websites also are sourcing gforgames.com as the source...

Google Translate is not helping here, but the interview was with Kazuo Hirai, though for unknown reason, they nicknamed him as Uncle

(A few days ago there were rumors that Sony to make mobile processor also rumored phone is also a loss if next year, to sell the??), Uncle: no such thing, Sony has no plans for mobile processors.

On 2015-11-22 02:54:30, litoni wrote:
cmon guys, by now we should all know that Sony always bs. Back in Arc/Arcs era, they said Duo-core was useless then they launched a duo core, they also said QHD screen was useless, then they launched 4K screen >.> Sony always contradict itself.

In arc/arc s they said it's still not the time for a dual core, they said that Android still does not support more than one core... though that was correct only in the launch OS, later upgrade in the phone lifetime brought the multi-core support to Android also...

and about the QHD, they have a POV, if you have a QHD then you'll have to deal with it all the time, but if you have 4k\UHD then you can switch between fHD and UHD with ease and without making scaling affect the picture as 4k is exactly quad fHD, meaning if you want to use a 4K screen with fHD source scaling you can just point every pixel from the source to 4 pixels in the screen... which is the perfect scaling quality of LCD screen for both Software and hardware wise...
If you want to do the same with QHD, then you will need to down scale to 720p, or to stick with QHD all the time like what other manufacturers do which will affect various factors mainly battery life for both screen and SoC.

Personally I find that Sony's solution is the best option till the hardware is ready enough for 4K... and regardless of what peoples are saying about having 4K on a 5.5" screen, the first thing I thought was lets wait to see if it differ in any way.. and now every review/user of Premium are having the same WOW factor regarding the quality of the display...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 311312313 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic