Previous  123 ... 309310311 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-10 23:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@amirprog

You know that is a biased review right? Gsm arena did a blind camera test and Z5 won against 6S and S6. DxO also stated the same. The battery life worst in Z5? Give me a break. That review has nothing honest about it. By the way Z5 premium is the real flagship for Sony this year. 4K display with the mentioned battery life is enough. By the way the loudspeaker volume info is not real on that review. iPhone has much higher sound than Z5

You should calm down .
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-11-10 22:21 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 00:14
At this point does it even matter...?

Never had that high hopes for the Z5, though it does look beautiful. Ever since Qualcomm mutilated the Snapdragon 810, I've just known this year was going to be shit.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-11 00:16
Is there anything particularly special about the James Bond 007 packaged Xperia Z5 and Z5 Compacts? Anything shipped within them?

Also any ideas why I cannot install the James Bond theme package sony made for the Nexus 4 running 5.1.1?
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-11 00:20

On 2015-11-10 17:51:43, Jamzy wrote:
Snapdragon 820
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/820

Interesting:

The Snapdragon 820 processor fundamentally changes the way Wi-Fi works with your phone by supporting both 802.11ad and 802.11ac 2x2 MU-MIMO — which allows Wi-Fi to be up to 2x or 3x faster than 802.11ac without MU-MIMO.

Most interesting!
As the first commercial processor to utilize LTE-U, Snapdragon 820 can access LTE connections in both licensed spectrum and unlicensed spectrum — boosting your connection speeds and mobile broadband access in normally congested areas

^ unlicensed spectrum ... would that not be illegal or causing issues?!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 02:04
@thetube @amirprog

talk about biased reviews, I read engadget review this week and I was almost speachless

This is my comment I posted on their website

"Gotta love how people review Sony phone nowadays.

Apple and Samsung designs just polishing and not changing much over the years?
Totally fine, in fact, that's even a plus, since you'll be familiarized with the phone, and polishing through the years have made the phone look really nice

Sony did it?
God, that design is becoming boring, time to change!

Samsung battery lasts all day? YAY BEST PHONE EVER
Sony battery lats all day? Meh, disappointing, to say the least, it wont last a full trip NY to London, BECAUSE EVERYBODY DOES THIS EVERYDAY

Apple and Samsung have bottom speakers?
Not great, doesn't bother me that much though, sounds are clear and loud enough, you'll only need a decent speaker and if you want to fill the room, just buy a god damn speaker!

Sony speakers? Face front mounted, however, it doesn't fill the entire room with glamorous, high bass, high fidelity sound.

I understand that Sony is not the most loved company in the world, and they make their stuff really hard to buy, but c'mon! I'm tired of these biased reviews"

And I wasn't the only one, there were a lot of people bashing Engadget and supporting Sony, saying that was a biased review and blablabla

It really surprised me, seeing how little they sell in North America and yet there were a lot of people defending it. (although they really make it hard to buy, Z3 compact not present on all carriers here in Canada, and they somehow only sell the white variant of the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 07:41
@rickrz If it wasnt for the influence they have it would almost be funny.

This is why I like to read reviews of people who actually bought the phone.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 08:48
@thetube
Mate, i watch all reviews and comparisons from different sources on the web. With all honesty as a sony fan i say with confidence that phone arena is not biased. Z5 in gsmarena did not win against s6 and 6s, if you think that then you should read their article again and read all my previous messages here in regard to the camera. dxo calculation of the "best camera" does not reflect in reality. We should all look at the end results of many different reviews and comparisons. There is no real flagship from sony this year.
@-XYZ
Yup. To be honest? I doubt sony will bring a truly competitive flag even for next year's q4, i would like to be pleasantly surprised though.
@Supa_Fly
Do you really expect sony to do something special with james bond movie considering their doings? Nothing special as far as i seen, just a cardbord with the james bond commercial photo.
@rickrz
Mate, don't make conclusion from one or two reviews and don't let a reviewers attitude make you think that if he is a little biased then all other reviewers are biased. Watch and read many reviews and comparisons from different sources like i did to get a clear picture. My honest conclusion is written in my previous posts here. In short, z5 devices are half baked.
@hihihans
It does not really matter. I watched many reviews and comparisons over the years even without trying the specific device. In the end, reviewers are generally pretty accurate when you conclude the different sources - i never make conclusion based only 1 or 2 reviews only. You know what is funny? Yesterday i tried to put my hands on z5 and z5c just to try them but the store does not even have one z5 device on display, the units are stored in the store's safe (there are no sony stores in my country). Sony are expecting people to buy z5 and z5c without even letting trying the devices in the store. This is just outrageous. people should omit from buying sony devices just for this reason alone.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-11-11 07:55 ]
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 09:17
@amirprog

It was a blind test and Z5 won. I don't need to value the review. Votes tell it all. Well in reality it has better camera when in manual mode. It just comes down if you are using it. I am so it is best for me. Moreover battery life is not a question with Sony phones. Design is cool and matte back is pretty smart. Matte black is another plus. It has SD card support. The fingerprint reader is smartly put. What I miss is wireless charging. The S6 is really not better than Z5 because Samsung software starts to misbehave after awhile.

Lastly because of SD 810 this year android was lame. I am looking forward to 2016. The speakers must be better with the next generation. The reason I don't buy the Z5 is because of small screen size nothing more. I have used most of the phones and in Android if it's not Sony then it is totally iphone for me.

By the way, the pricing in my country are ok. Z5 premium is the same as S6 edge+. Z5 is a tad cheaper than S6 and Z5 Compact is cheaper than 2/3 of iphone 6 16 GB.
[ This Message was edited by: thetube on 2015-11-11 08:27 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 11:13
@thetube
Only end results count, not one review or comparison and afair z5 did not get the most votes in gsmarenas comparison but even if it did it does not make its camera overall as good and competitive as note 5, v10 and 6s plus. I only judge with my eyes by the end result that different sources post. If all reviewers will say z5 (or other phone for that matter) has the best camera on the market i will still not believe until i watch the pictures - the end result. I already mentioned the z5 camera strong points, the nice natural color tone in most of its pictures, fast focus, steadyshot in 1080p but the camera cons overshadows these and manual mode won't matter much in this regard. Sure, battery life is competitive, but nothing out of the ordinary, z3 and z3c were better. I know that your priorities are a little different then mine and understand you don't mind z5 cons as much as i do, that's fine.
Since you won't buy note 5 your best choice right now is 6s plus.
Z5p costing the same as s6 edge+ is not ok to me, the rest sounds right.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 12:01
The Z5p has a 4K display. That cannot be a cheap component to procure. Cost is likely fairly justified.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 12:34
@-XYZ
Maybe, but it is not an excuse because the device is not competitive and the result of the 4k display investment won't give them any meaningful benefit but bragging rights and media buzz as long as they dumb down the base res to 1080p. People can see that 2k displays look more crisp because it works in all modes right when they step inside the store, not need to play a video for that, especially amoled displays and already made their choice and advanced to 2k, yet sony fail to realize that and think that 4k in pics and videos only is better as if all they care about is momentary media buzz. In other words, 4k could have been a competitive feature if they made 2k the base res outside pictures and videos.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-11-11 11:35 ]
hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 17:46
@amirprog

Stop your whining troll. the amazing 2k amoled panel you are talking about for a few day has the same sharpness as RGB stipe 1080p resolution. Samsung use the pentile layout for their amoled panel which lacks a subpixel in every pixel. So even with their 2k resolution they are able to match sharpness of RGB stipe 1080p resolution. So it makes sense to me if Sony leave the 1080p resolution as the base if their 1080p resolution can match samsung's 2k resolution. If you have slightest idea about subpixel layout in display tech you would understand what I'm talking about.

And everyone can we make keep this forum as rumor forum instead of a complain forum.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2015-11-11 16:51 ]
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 20:25
@hihihans Me too man, but they're kind of hard to find, I'm not shopping at the moment, but I like to see what other people are saying about Sony new phones, I've had the Arc, S and ZL in the past, and the only reason I own an iPhone right now is because Z1Compact wasn't available in Canada at the moment

@amirprog
I don't, but some reputable reviewers such as The Verge, Engadget and others have A LOT of audience, when I'm shopping for a device I usually read and watch every review made to make sure I'm not forgetting anything and getting all kind of opinions. But that's me, some people don't have the time nor the patience to do so.
Have you watched the The Verge iPad Pro review? It's ridiculous, they barge on the surface pro for not having "lapability" or because it may be awkward to when not in a desk but say the iPad pro it's a great device despite all the flaws it has, because it's "Apple". And I won't even start commenting their "best smartphone" video. And unfortunately, they're not the only reviewers that do this.

As for the Z5, they're not perfect, but they are one of the best smartphones out there. The only things I would change is USB Type-C, volume button placement wireless charging and a better camera software. Although none of these are a dealbreaker

amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 21:15
@hboy857
Who the hell are you? Did my words made you mad you had to sign to esato and release your fanboism anger? I know how amoled and ips operates. What i mean is that 2k (or better said qhd) be it on ips or amoled (pentile) are technically superior to 1080p ips because the higher res is noticeable enough. I know what my eyes see.
@rickrz
I agree with you about the verge and yes i watched the ipad pro review. It is clear that they favor apple and that best smartphone video was so... appleish... I don't axe them for that tough as it is possible to distinguish the biased parts from the objective parts, but you could just not read the verge and instead pick a more objective source for reviews. Flossy carter from youtube seem like one of the more objective mobile reviewers if you like you tube reviews: https://www.youtube.com/user/FLOSSYCARTER
hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-11 22:01
@amirprog
Yeah, your eyes see $hit that's for sure. . You don't even know the basic of the basic.

BTW I was unable to sign in to my previous esato account so I had to open a new one. And you are right about one thing, your words made me mad but not because of my fanboyism, because an idiotic person seems to forget that this is not his personal blog but a rumor thread where people come to share information about Sony mobile. If I want to hear people rant about How bad Sony phone is I would go to other site or talk.Sonymobile.com.

Next time read the title of the thread and post relevant comment.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2015-11-11 21:04 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 309310311 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic