Previous  123 ... 308309310 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 16:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ amirprog

The Note 5 and S6+ Edge basically have ZERO selling point for me, I don't see one single stand out feature that I would pick either of those over anything else in the market. Even blackberry Priv is far more unique in all the mobile market. As for pricing, Sony priced very good here in Canada, 650 CAD for Z5, that is 300 USD less than every other regions, compare to Note 5 which is 850 CAD or S6+ edge which is even more expensive. I think Z5P here will fall into the same price point as those (around 820). Lots of performance issue of the Z5 has been improved after the recent FW update. Camera load time and UI should be smooth now, although they did rush it out of the game. The S810 in Z5 doesn't overheat like Z3+, it can record 4K video for the long duration, far longer than any LG or Galaxy devices. I won't comment too much on the camera until I get the Z5P, but base on early impression, it seems like first batch of Z5 have issues but not on the second wave, which is why we see very mix opinion on reviews that were release later. I don't think the Z5P with its day 1 update have receive the new camera software yet. Can't speak for everyone but Z5P screen and exterior finishes alone are the biggest selling point for me over anything else others has to offers.

@Jamzy

True they should have put in a quick charger, but company to company like Nintendo where game LE edition of their 3DS doesn't even come with the game and system doesn't even have a charger. Now thats really something.
[ This Message was edited by: Gitaroo on 2015-11-09 16:11 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 17:49

On 2015-11-09 14:16:03, Ricky D wrote:
@amirprog

I've had my own Z5 Premium here in my hands for 10 hours. In that short space of time I can tell you that it is markedly better ANY other screen I have seen on a similar sized device. Even my wife (not anything close to a techie) said she feels like the objects in the photos 'are right in front of her face'.

Do I think 4K is a valid selling point? Yes I bloody do! And I think it outweighs other so called 'negatives' such as a slightly longer body (1mm longer than Note 5, same length as S6 edge+, seriously).

rickey, which colour did you get for your Z5P and which one would you recommend?
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 18:37

On 2015-11-09 17:49:51, supercoolman wrote:

On 2015-11-09 14:16:03, Ricky D wrote:
@amirprog

I've had my own Z5 Premium here in my hands for 10 hours. In that short space of time I can tell you that it is markedly better ANY other screen I have seen on a similar sized device. Even my wife (not anything close to a techie) said she feels like the objects in the photos 'are right in front of her face'.

Do I think 4K is a valid selling point? Yes I bloody do! And I think it outweighs other so called 'negatives' such as a slightly longer body (1mm longer than Note 5, same length as S6 edge+, seriously).

rickey, which colour did you get for your Z5P and which one would you recommend?

you should check his post in the Z5P topic.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-09 18:58
^ quite right, replied over there.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-09 19:56

On 2015-11-09 16:45:40, Gitaroo wrote:
@ amirprog

The Note 5 and S6+ Edge basically have ZERO selling point for me, I don't see one single stand out feature that I would pick either of those over anything else in the market. Even blackberry Priv is far more unique in all the mobile market. As for pricing, Sony priced very good here in Canada, 650 CAD for Z5, that is 300 USD less than every other regions, compare to Note 5 which is 850 CAD or S6+ edge which is even more expensive. I think Z5P here will fall into the same price point as those (around 820). Lots of performance issue of the Z5 has been improved after the recent FW update. Camera load time and UI should be smooth now, although they did rush it out of the game. The S810 in Z5 doesn't overheat like Z3+, it can record 4K video for the long duration, far longer than any LG or Galaxy devices. I won't comment too much on the camera until I get the Z5P, but base on early impression, it seems like first batch of Z5 have issues but not on the second wave, which is why we see very mix opinion on reviews that were release later. I don't think the Z5P with its day 1 update have receive the new camera software yet. Can't speak for everyone but Z5P screen and exterior finishes alone are the biggest selling point for me over anything else others has to offers.

@Jamzy

True they should have put in a quick charger, but company to company like Nintendo where game LE edition of their 3DS doesn't even come with the game and system doesn't even have a charger. Now thats really something.
[ This Message was edited by: Gitaroo on 2015-11-09 16:11 ]

Um ... how is the BlackBerry Priv far from unique in the market?
1. Name me one smartphone with a physical keyboard you can buy right now that is NOT end of life?!
2. Name me another Android phone that is a slider and currently in production?
3. Name me another Android phone that has 6 element lens camera with OIS?
- I'd say there is 2, possibly less than 5 on the market and Z5 series is a series not specific unique models other than screensize and resolution.
4. Name me another android phone that has self secure hardware from the chipset up through the OS that is secure?
- Silent Circle OS/BlackPhone comes to mind,
- Samsung SGS6/Edge IF on BES12+KNOX.

That's PRETTY unique selling points if you ask me. Care to challenge those?

Still the Priv doesn't interest me ... I hate the vertical slider.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-09 20:11
Alright ... I've had it.

Rant_on: Bezel Bitching.

There are too many here or across the web complaining about Bezels, not specifically at Sony's products but just about everything. I'm all for advancement in technology ... truly I am (owned T39m, T18z, T68m - not the 'i", the P810/900, 9000 communicator N80, N82, N85, N96 for two months, BB8310/9900/9780/Z10/Q10/Z30 K750x4, K850 K700, Moto Qm ,etc etc).

The issue I'm ticked off about the Bezel Bitching is simply that ... nothing but bitching. No reasoning at all.

Sure we all don't want half-inch thick bezels on any phone but comeon this is NOT 2010 here!
Bezels are more than thin enough.
Thinner bezels than a few miliimeters you run into issues:
Drops damage the screen,
Drops shake the internals possibly dislodging the camera aperature or alignment with camera hole.
^ just one drop is all it takes, and not even a major one.
Expose to hand/fingers you use to hold the device to overlap on the display blocking out the content, so this defeats the purpose in a real-world use case.
Cases pretty much add a bezel anyway!!

You want thin non-existent bezels ... get a Samsungs Galaxy Edge or GS6. IF not quit the senseless whining please. That or maybe I'll just ignore and giggle.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 20:27
@Supa_Fly

I pretty sure I said the blackberry priv IS unique, not the other way around.

"Even blackberry Priv is far more unique in all the mobile market. " What I said
[ This Message was edited by: Gitaroo on 2015-11-09 19:27 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-09 21:13

On 2015-11-09 20:27:05, Gitaroo wrote:
@Supa_Fly

I pretty sure I said the blackberry priv IS unique, not the other way around.

"Even blackberry Priv is far more unique in all the mobile market. " What I said
[ This Message was edited by: Gitaroo on 2015-11-09 19:27 ]

My bad. Sorry about that.
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 21:40
Well, all the smartphone manufacturers are the same, only Apple introduced the force touch which is not a big thing YET. They need to polish it. Well I think new Z5 has everything the other OEMs have. Note 5 has the stylus but the Korean companies are kind of lame at the software side of things.

Well I have been looking for a new phone for a while now, and as a Z Ultra user, its Z ultra successor or the iphone for me. Because only iphone presents an usable uniqueness and has great design.

Z5 series are really nice choices for one looking at Android and keep the 2015 transition year for Sony mobile info in mind. Sony clearly stated that the real deal will be released in 2016. So no need to be harsh on Sony.

Only thing that frustrates me right now is how rare the rumors are about the Z5 Ultra. It would save me a lot of time if I only knew it is going to introduced this March.
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 22:18

On 2015-11-09 21:40:00, thetube wrote:
Well, all the smartphone manufacturers are the same, only Apple introduced the force touch which is not a big thing YET. They need to polish it. Well I think new Z5 has everything the other OEMs have. Note 5 has the stylus but the Korean companies are kind of lame at the software side of things.

Well I have been looking for a new phone for a while now, and as a Z Ultra user, its Z ultra successor or the iphone for me. Because only iphone presents an usable uniqueness and has great design.

Z5 series are really nice choices for one looking at Android and keep the 2015 transition year for Sony mobile info in mind. Sony clearly stated that the real deal will be released in 2016. So no need to be harsh on Sony.

Only thing that frustrates me right now is how rare the rumors are about the Z5 Ultra. It would save me a lot of time if I only knew it is going to introduced this March.

Yep and I'm curious to whether Z5+ exists.

Would hate to get a Z5 now then by March Z5+ with 820 comes out.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-09 23:36
Same there, if it does happen then I will hand over the Z5P to my dad lol. I just hope they will scale back the screen a little to 6.2" and shrink the side bezels. Don't care about top and bottom bezels.
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-10 17:51
Snapdragon 820
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/820
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-10 19:43
@Ricky D
I'm sure that you will enjoy z5p and its display is good. My point is different.
@Gitaroo
Suitable price for z5 but this is unheard of outside canada. Z5p should cost no more then 6p everywhere but sony thinks they are samsung and apple and relying on their brand. Reminds me of htc. Sony and htc are alike and that is said in a non compliment manner... In terms of design, z5p definitely looks to have the best design imo as well, best on the market, minus the volume buttons placement but maybe it is a matter of getting used to (iphone 6s plus in grey comes second despite the unlikable largest screen to body ratio and the frightening thinness).
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-11-10 19:13 ]
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-10 20:27
@amirprog

in Malaysia, the Z5 is around RM2500 (around 570 USD) which is 100 CAD more than canada, but it dual sims and unlocked. Also cheaper than most H2 flasgship. I also heard the price were re adjusted after launch in many regions, and people normally don't get it from official Sony stores but 3rd parties reseller with more aggressive pricing.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-11-10 20:55
@Gitaroo
Good for Malaysians... .

Phone arena's z5 review: http://www.phonearena.com/rev[....]Xperia-Z5-Review_id4128/page/4
In short: overall overpriced noncompetitive disappointment. The conclusion sums it up quite nicely:
"Conclusion

We wanted to like the Xperia Z5, but Sony isn't making it easy for us. This otherwise good-looking phone doesn't feel quite right in the hand. The software experience moves at a satisfying pace, but comes with a bunch of issues and imperfections that don't quite suit its price point. The new camera may be fast to focus, but its quality is weaker than expected. At the end of the day, there seem to be few reasons to go with this phone, aside from the fact that it's Sony, and it's water-resistant; neither of which are that high up in our priorities.

Sony hasn't been particularly ambitious in mobile lately, that's not a secret. And with the Xperia Z5, the company is showing us this isn't changing anytime soon. The Z5 gives off the impression that it's been built to merely keep Sony in line with the times, in case it eventually decides to invest itself more significantly in smartphones. Until that day comes, though, Sony's flagship will remain outplayed by most of its rivals.".
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-11-10 20:05 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 308309310 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic