Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 250251252 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-08-20 20:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^ Agreed. Looks like designers in Sony died few years ago.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-20 21:13
I think that 3 years with the same design was determined from the first z and it is understandable strategy to be honest. all known and less known manufacturers evolve the design for a few good years and then a more radical change appears like as with galaxy s6 and note5, htc? has the same for almost 3 years, lg? similar, nokia/microsoft? same design, chinese manufacturers? most has ugly design that i don't like aside of maybe huawei, etc. this is because it is the "face"/identity of xperia devices. this is a good thing also because it creates anticipation i think. i'm sure more change in design will appear in first half of next year.
i think it is the half a year main z announcements that also make it appear longer time with the same basic ob design then the other manufacturers. also, no one really needs to replace a phone earlier then 3 years anyway, i know some has 2 years contract but they are not representing all consumers and not all can be pleased.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-20 21:14
The design is basically the same, but over the course of each model there have been subtle refinements.
Think iPhone 4 --> 4S --> 5 --> 5S.

The only problem is that Sony releases so many phones and so quickly that it becomes more obvious.

Honestly, aside from a change of material (I hope they someday shift to a magnesium alloy like their Compact System Cameras) and having a fully metallic body, they aren't really going to change much. The rounded rectangular design is good enough ergonomically and allows for the most efficient usage of the space inside to cram in as much as they possibly can - larger battery is the main advantage.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about internal changes. Like a new imaging sensor or at the very least a OIS module for the camera. Flash....I don't give a f**k because I don't use it - just have better low-light performance thanks. An OLED Screen would also be nice. I doubt Samsung would just hand over their most prized displays, but man at this point OLED is starting supersede LCD displays for brightness and colour accuracy. Maybe also try and work in a transflective back panel onto that display for unbeatable daylight performance (not gonna happen, but SOMEONE should try).

The outer shell....?
Well the Z-series of smartphones already are some of the best looking devices out there. None manage to look quite as monolithic and elegant. An Xperia in gunmetal grey would look astonishing.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2015-08-20 20:14 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-08-20 21:40
@-XYZ
I agree with everything you said. how could i forget apple? iphone 2g/3g/3gs - 3 years of same design, 4/4s - 2 years, 5/5s/6 - 3 years of similar.
more change in design could come in a shape of different material, not necessarily in the design language.
yeah, it would be awesome if they change the back from glass to some aluminium with zinc or other material that makes it a tough metal to bend just like apple is doing with the upcoming 6s.
i think next year they need to ditch the front sony logo (or move it to the side frame), make the devices fatter with smaller top and bottom bezel, ultra thin side bezels, all (or at least the back) should be toughened metal highly resistant to bending, and it will be a nice refreshment for xperia identity. also, they should advertise the toughened metal design like they are doing with ip68 - "the new protection from sony" or something like that. do you read sony?
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-08-20 20:41 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-21 03:25
Usually a couple of weeks before the announcement of a product the Chinese ebay equivalent starts to fill with cases/covers for the device.

I was about to say that we haven't seen any yet so don't hold out for Z5 at IFA BUT I did a quick search and found the below listed.

You can clearly see the larger cut out for the power button with embedded fingerprint scanner and the volume button much closer to the shutter key.

It doesn't confirm anything we didn't know about design but does strengthen suggestions of the device being ready to market.

I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vikeviki1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 04:19
HELLo GUYS NAMASTE

Hope Every one are fine,hows the thread going on,Finally I lost my sony phone and settled to redmi phone.Below are my observations over the years

Guys I really see Sony failing in phones and making too pricey for the Top End phone.However Sony has potential still,but not using much,kind of bored UI/Speaker out .Phone like Redmi has a better output(PA amplifier whatever shit they call).Coming to design ,I got really bored of the glass frame design past Z series.As previous post Sony can come up with magnesium full metal body kind of RX1V(camera).If they are making it pricey the camera should be precise.There autofocus is to slow and takes few seconds to focus ,check RX1V -one of the review say it can take life like 4k videos for upto ~5 minutes(due to high temperature).People have forgot Xenon flash(what hapenned!!!!!!!).Imagine If they fit it again .They can come up with Sony curve edge phone like samsung or with oled screen.They need to trim there bezel its really sucks.

SOrry guys my account was been had an issue so created a new one.

Eagerly waiting for drama on Z5.

haulelhaula.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-21 06:27
nice find rickyD but the camera hole is placed incorrectly? isn't the LED to the side now?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 06:30
I'm very disappointed about them recycling the same Omnibalance.
I was hoping for a fresh new design.....
Sony Mobile is going down if they keep following this path. Look at HTC right now, no matter how good your design was, recycling the same one will just make the customer feel bored.

I guess I will try the upcoming Huawei Nexus, It has almost everything I want for a Phablet, full metal body, USB Type C, 5.7" screen....

[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2015-08-21 05:34 ]
Current phone: Moto X Pure and Iphone X
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 07:21
Same old design, glass back, 810, no usb-c, overheating malwaredroid. Sony is on the way out in both mobile and TVs. Wait and see them go on the chopping/auction block by the end of 2016
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 07:53
Oh, I don't know about that. I mean Sony may exit the market... But then they're shifting focus from volume to profitability. Heck, that's what I would do. I'd take my losses in terms if sheer sales numbers and just focus on the high end where the few million phones I do sell, have a nice margin and make me some money. No point in even trying to compete with Chinese brands who try to commoditise the market.

@Ebato
Malewaredroid? What do you suggest they use instead? Windows phone? Lol. Similarly with SD810. Which alternative do they have that competes?
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-21 08:11

On 2015-08-20 20:14:44, blackzeros wrote:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]allegedly_leaks-news-13632.php
z5 compact

is it glass back ? it doesnt look like....
[ This Message was edited by: blackzeros on 2015-08-20 19:16 ]

it's M5, not z5 Compact.

NO
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 08:14
@XYZ: I understand that they are shifting focus to gain profit rather than competing for market share. But using the same design for almost 4~5 generations of flagship might not be a good idea.
The customers might get bored, especially in the high-end segment. I'd love to see Sony being creative again... but so far, they once again failed to deliver it this year.

Maybe next year will be different, but I don't want to wait for another year and getting my hope crushed again....
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2015-08-21 07:43 ]
Current phone: Moto X Pure and Iphone X
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 08:17
Heh... I don't know if it was Z5 compact or not but it is not M5 for sure.

The LED flash of M5 was a bit far from camera sensor.

[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2015-08-21 07:17 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-08-21 08:46
I talked about this in previous post, Sony has similar design cycle to major players ( 2 ~ 3 years ), the problem is they have more products with the same design, and two flagships per year, making more devices looks the same for most peoples...
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-08-21 08:46
may be Xperia E5

or Z5 Compact without G lens?
NO
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 250251252 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic