Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 114115116 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 02:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^^ im sorry to hear about what's happening.

I really hope someone from Sony gets to read our posts. So they can hopefully be "inspired" to do more.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 05:02
^^^
People at Sony do not care and that is one of the reasons T-Mobile stopped to sell the Z3 only after 6 months. I hear that over 50% of the phone sold had to be replaced under warranty.
The sad thing is that it costs Sony slightly over $ 200 to make the phone but they are selling it for $ 599 and up depending on the market.
They should spend a few more $$ and focus on quality.
I have the Z3V and there is a gap between the side frame and the display since day one I took it to the Verizon store and they compared it to two other devices and it was the same.

I own many Sony products including Vaio laptops, TVs, cameras, dsrl camera and phones and I can certainly say that the older models from 3 or 4 years ago have much better build quality. The same goes for the software on the older devices, it is much more stable.

Sony will have to change something to survive.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-04-10 08:34
The Z3 was discontinued by T Mobile and on the other side, the galaxy S6 is shattering records, selling almost double than the S5 did on T Mobile. Look at the contrast on the two sides. I've never bought a non SE /Sony device mainly because I love their design. But the time has come where your flagship has to be the best in every department and have one ace up its sleeve.
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 08:40
This looks like the reflective frame that has been mentioned. Looks very slim. Samsung phones have bad designs. Whatever feature they put in won't change that. Simple fact.

http://www.static.xperiablog.[....]/04/wpid-wp-1428618689879.jpeg
[ This Message was edited by: xperiazultra on 2015-04-10 07:41 ]
T-mobile
P1
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 08:46
This rendering is obviously stretched and is out of proportions, but it gives a good idea of how it will look.
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 08:51
Same with Z1 at Rogers last year. Above 50% return rate. I have the original Z (had to replace it once at the beginning because of a similar problem with gaps) and the screen is shifting over time within the plastic frame, so one side has bigger gap than the other. Because the screen glass is glued onto the frame, the glue get weaker with time and in 6-10 months it just goes... Same with Tab Z, the original one at least. But yeah, screw them, they will never learn.

On 2015-04-10 05:02:31, DACHA wrote:
^^^
People at Sony do not care and that is one of the reasons T-Mobile stopped to sell the Z3 only after 6 months. I hear that over 50% of the phone sold had to be replaced under warranty.
The sad thing is that it costs Sony slightly over $ 200 to make the phone but they are selling it for $ 599 and up depending on the market.
They should spend a few more $$ and focus on quality.
I have the Z3V and there is a gap between the side frame and the display since day one I took it to the Verizon store and they compared it to two other devices and it was the same.

I own many Sony products including Vaio laptops, TVs, cameras, dsrl camera and phones and I can certainly say that the older models from 3 or 4 years ago have much better build quality. The same goes for the software on the older devices, it is much more stable.

Sony will have to change something to survive.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 12:29
I had many sony phones including x8,x10,vivaz,aino,k800,arc,arc s,T,Tl,Ion,and z2.i never had a single build quality problem with any of them.only reason they are not selling is advertising.don't fool yourself.my S4 had serious heating problem and frame lost paint after a while.but it sold very well.never had any good htc phone. My sensation was worst ever.i would buy Samsung over htc any day.almost all htc phone have power distribution problem but they sell rather well
At end of the day,every mass production device has defective units and i highly find 50% return because of defects exaggerated
The same Z3 is selling very well in UK,how come?
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2015-04-10 11:35 ]
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 12:47

On 2015-04-10 12:29:19, josephnero wrote:
I had many sony phones including x8,x10,vivaz,aino,k800,arc,arc s,T,Tl,Ion,and z2.i never had a single build quality problem with any of them.only reason they are not selling is advertising.don't fool yourself.my S4 had serious heating problem and frame lost paint after a while.but it sold very well.never had any good htc phone. My sensation was worst ever.i would buy Samsung over htc any day.almost all htc phone have power distribution problem but they sell rather well
At end of the day,every mass production device has defective units and i highly find 50% return because of defects exaggerated
The same Z3 is selling very well in UK,how come?
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2015-04-10 11:35 ]

Those return rates are overly exaggerated. Company wouldn't stand a year.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 15:02
You can bet your arse that Sony would take notice if 50% of their flagships were being returned.
That is a lot of bloody money, so it is quite clearly an exaggeration.

I generally don't take too kindly to hyperbolic, emotionally charged anecdote.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 16:45
My first Z3 compact was replaced after 1,5 days, because the SIM card flap couldn't be closed perfectly, and it opened by itself after few hours.
Now the second (replaced) device's screen just separated from the phone's body,without being dropped or any reason. That's really a bad ratio, 2 devices of 2, literally 100% of the Z3 compacts what I used.
Now I have warranty and insurance too. If I would use the insurance, would cost me 35 euro if I want the phone to be replaced. With the warranty it will be only repaired for free, so I have to wait one week with my old phone. And in spite of using my phone extremely carefully I will have a repaired, tinkered, cabbage, not a phone like new. (
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-04-10 15:47 ]
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 16:56

On 2015-04-10 16:45:51, puestadelsol wrote:
My first Z3 compact was replaced after 1,5 days, because the SIM card flap couldn't be closed perfectly, and it opened by itself after few hours.
Now the second (replaced) device's screen just separated from the phone's body,without being dropped or any reason. That's really a bad ratio, 2 devices of 2, literally 100% of the Z3 compacts what I used.
Now I have warranty and insurance too. If I would use the insurance, would cost me 35 euro if I want the phone to be replaced. With the warranty it will be only repaired for free, so I have to wait one week with my old phone. And in spite of using my phone extremely carefully I will have a repaired, tinkered, cabbage, not a phone like new. (

Well when a company changes your phone they give you a refurbished one. Keep that in mind. The second phone was probably repaired during production stage. So it is highly likely to experience bad things over and over again in that replacement loop.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 18:42
It seems to me that all major manufactures have decreased their quality control. Htc, Lg, Samsung and Sony, all of them having quality issues (defective) on their phones. They seem to be cutting costs to stay competitive with the emerging cheap brands. I don't know but I have a feeling that these brands are forced to go by the standards of the cheap brands to stay afloat.

Although, during the last years of Sony and ericsson, they also had experienced a lot of issues with their phones.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2015-04-10 17:46 ]
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-04-10 22:21
Quality control issues are same with every company out there!
Even S6 and S6 edge(search on xda) are being returned in huge numbers.
Pre Scratched screen glass, Faulty dislpay panels, Faulty Led Flash, dead pixels on S6/S6 edge is all over the net.
Some people are on their 3rd or 4th replacement and still have these issues.
Stop complaining as if Sony is the only culprit.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-04-11 02:48

On 2015-04-10 16:56:31, xperiazultra wrote:

On 2015-04-10 16:45:51, puestadelsol wrote:

Well when a company changes your phone they give you a refurbished one. Keep that in mind. The second phone was probably repaired during production stage. So it is highly likely to experience bad things over and over again in that replacement loop.

The first phone was replaced instantly at the shop, from their stock. It was sealed, there was unboxed in front of me. So 100 % of 2 phones. If this one would be replaced than this ratio would be 66% of 3 phones returned. But unfortunately this one will be only repaired (

But as I've written in my recent post, I'm also waiting for camera improvements, because current camera performance isn't as reliable in any conditions as Xperia ray 's was. Z3 c can beat it only in pitch dark.

Sometimes I feel that I would have completely crazy if I would buy again an Xperia after these...
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-04-11 04:42
Sorry to hear that happened puestadelsol, i luckily have never had a problem with sony or ericsson phones. On the other hand i have had the same experience u had but with samsung, so each to their own and for their own reasons. Every single samsung product i previously owned had a defect or problem, tv, phone and even sd card. Just like u, i vowed never samsung again.

On a seperate note, since the rumours are flooding in for z4, does anyone know whether z4 will have 64gb or higher capacity? I seriously hope 64gb is an option and 32gb is standard cos i can honestly say i wont buy z4 if it still is 16gb only...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 114115116 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic