Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 101102103 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 14:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The phablet scene is dominated by the Note, LG tried with many devices all of which have disappeared. Unless Sony does something a little special, I don't see the point. The original Ultra was just a little too big and uncomfortable. If they make one it should be a specs powerhouse like the Note and I say make it thicker and have ridiculous amounts of storage and battery life, power users would certainly appreciate that. Give it ZL like minimal bezels and a stylus too, never liked using a pencil on the screen although the idea was cool. The Z3 is doing really well as it the Z3C so keep improving them.

I think that the LG and Sony will release with a well optimised SD810 unlike HTC. It seems like the heating issue is gone. Samsung were smart with their chip but the graphics are a let down, my suspicions are that they used Exynos also because they had it ready but we know from the past that they may just release a S6 variant with SD810. Exynos is pretty damn good but again, lets see what Sony and LG do with their SD810 based phones (not including the Flex 2 because that looked rushed like HTC).

As for the review sites, S6 has been great against the HTC but I'm keen to see how it does against the Z4 and LG G4 to get a fairer view of SD810. Despite the weak battery on the S6 and lack of expandable memory, the S6 has addressed a lot of issues from previous years and because of that you see just how much better the S6 was received compared to the HTC.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 15:15
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2[....]lobal-communications-platform/
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 16:50

On 2015-04-02 11:27:20, xperiazultra wrote:
By the way this sounds highly interesting. A very bright idea.

You'll need google translate.

http://xw.qq.com/digi_tech/20150402010221

Guys comment on this one too pretty interesting actually
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 16:58
By the way, what I don't understand is, why release a mid range 6 inch phablet and not do tje same in high-end where the profit margin is higher.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 17:05

On 2015-04-02 16:58:42, xperiazultra wrote:
By the way, what I don't understand is, why release a mid range 6 inch phablet and not do tje same in high-end where the profit margin is higher.

You do know that manufacturing a higher-end terminal also costs more than a midranger? They also outsource their midrange manufacturing too.

I, as much as I liked it, don't thing we'll see a worthy ZU successor, ever again.
It was a flop sales wise.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-04-02 17:27
I just read the Chinese article. Here are the key points:
  • Lots of talk about slim 'slide' style fingerprint reader in place of OR in conjunction with a power button
  • for example Synaptics VFS6170 from the recent MWC
  • Supposedly the Huawei P8 will use it
  • Z4 won't but Z4 Ultra might
  • Lots of reference to Z4 Ultra
  • Taiwan source says ~6" 2880x1440 IPS screen for Z4 Ultra
  • SD810 for Z4 Ultra
  • Ultra thin bezels for Z4 Ultra

The fingerprint thing *sounds* cool but slide/swipe fingerprint sensors are so '90s. It won't float.

Everything else is a bit blah blah blah.

I believe the Z4 they are referring to is the June/July device that XperiaJunkie has seen.

The Chinese article translated by Google Translate:
Tencent Digital News (light blue) on the power button integrated fingerprint recognition may sound strange, but there is nothing technically difficult, and will be used by more new models. Recently, sources in the micro-Bo broke the news that, in addition to the recent exposure of Huawei P8 rumors that they will use this design, the Sony is also planning a similar solution, but it will not appear on the Xperia Z4.
Or support for fingerprint recognition
In fact, the latest exposure of Huawei P8 real machine, the power key part of the aircraft side looks more like a drawing of the design of the Sony Xperia Z series, and also rumors that they will integrate fingerprint recognition. Although this argument may sound strange, and it is unclear whether the ultimate fulfillment, but according to sources on the microblogging say, Sony Mobile has a similar program fingerprint recognition solutions, but does not appear on the Xperia Z4.
Although the source did not disclose the Sony Mobile will introduce this design on Which models, but most likely it should be Sony Xperia Z4 ultra. The reason is that the Sony Xperia Z4 release date yet, and Sony's flagship update cycle has also been adjusted to year, so distance future Xperia Z5 release time is still too early, but with a larger touch screen the Xperia Z4 ultra may be released during the year, and the power button can be integrated fingerprint recognition as a new selling point for publicity.
With six-inch touch screen
It is worth mentioning that, in the side of the fuselage slim integrated biometric slide sensor is technically no longer any obstacles. Earlier in MWC Conference Synaptics demonstrated VFS6170 solution is the best example of its main features is the thickness of only 2.8mm, smartphone or tablet can be placed on the side of the keys to achieve seamless integration, no or very little need cutting the front panel glass, and can effectively reduce the cost. In addition, the solution will begin mass production in the third quarter of this year, it is likely to appear on the Sony Xperia Z4 ultra.
According to Taiwan media quoted the supply chain news that Sony is currently developing a new 6-inch giant screen machines, is likely to be an upgraded version of Xperia Z Ultra, but the screen size than the Xperia Z Ultra's 6.44 inches smaller. Although Taiwan's media did not disclose the specific name of which the new machine, but is rumored to be Sony Xperia Z4 Ultra, reportedly will use ultra-narrow frame design, equipped with a 5.95 inches touch screen with IPS-Pro material, supported resolution rate of up to 2880 × 1440 pixels.
Push Xperia Z4 Compact
Sony also for aircraft equipped with TRILUMINOS Terri charm color display technology and mobile X-Reality sharp fast image processing engine, in order to be able to get a better display. As for the other configuration, the Sony Xperia Z4 Ultra allegedly also equipped with a frequency of 2.5GHz Snapdragon 810 processor, built-in 20.7-megapixel image sensor Sony Exmor RS, and equipped with 25mm wide angle G lens, supports up to ISO 25600 in High sensitivity. However, due to the Sony Xperia Z4 soonest launch in the second quarter of this year, it is expected that this new opportunity giant screen debut in the third quarter of this year.
In addition, the source also disclosed that the Sony Xperia Z4 and Z5 will launch a mini version, also known as Xperia Z4 Compact and Z5 Compact, but have had no more information to be exposed.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 17:41
@alexander87
Your reasoning for why you think sony should not make a new phablet is irrelevant because z ultra IS the reason why they need to make a flag phablet because they can only learn from their mistakes and make the new one with full flag spec, no compromises in camera, etc., in less intimidating dimensions - 165mm max length and a 5.7-6" - making it more pocket friendly, gorgeous 2k display, some simple software tweaks out of the box like 2 windows mode. they need to keep it simple in software, they don't have to go in note way in software! and they don't necessarily need make it with a built in pen! for many people just making the display bigger is a huge reason to buy. z ultra is supposedly not successful mostly BECAUSE its size is intimidating for most, way too big for most, generally not pocket friendly at all for most people and the average camera certainly did not help. a phablet that cannot be a daily driver for most because its just way too big for most front pockets of course it cannot be widely successful but is the reason why they need to learn from its drawbacks. there is no good reason why they should not make a flag phablet because they never had one! z ultra is more of a tablet in your bag that can also make a phone calls. it is definitely NOT fitting for most as daily driver and it was never intended to be a flag device! in short, if they make one, they need to make it a daily driver with full flag spec that is more pocket friendly!
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-04-02 16:42 ]
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 18:02
if they release z3s in June it would be retarded to have the next flagship at IFA, that's like three months. I wonder if 820 is even done by then. They said late 2015 -early 2016 as the timeframe for devices with it.
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 18:23

On 2015-04-02 17:05:24, alexander87 wrote:

You do know that manufacturing a higher-end terminal also costs more than a midranger? They also outsource their midrange manufacturing too.

I, as much as I liked it, don't thing we'll see a worthy ZU successor, ever again.

I said profit margin. So costs more but brings even more
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 18:58

On 2015-04-02 18:23:55, xperiazultra wrote:

R&D isn't free.
The absolute cost of components isn't the only factor when calculating the profit margin - that is only cost of raw materials. Other costs that must be accounted for in the sale of a product, include the amount of money spent on developing such a project, wages for workers and so on and so forth.

If a Zx Ultra cannot guarantee enough sales to recover the money it cost to develop it (not just to build it), then there is no point making and selling one. Sony don't sell anywhere near enough smartphones to recover those R&D costs from the sale of other, so it would be a poor idea.

Not saying that making a Z ultra is a bad thing per say, just pointing out that financial viability plays a huge role in all this.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2015-04-02 18:00 ]
JohnnyNr.5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 19:09

I would say because of the competition. It's hard to compete with Samsung's Note which is the Phablet-king or with high end phablets with low price point. So they offer midrange devices.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 19:34
@-XYZ
I agree, but they got to try. as i wrote, they never ever made a daily driver flag phablet that is more pocket frinedly. z ultra is a different creature. giving up before making one is not a good idea.

regarding that finger print tech. interesting idea of implementing one on the side but as RickyD wrote, swipe fingerprints suck. samsung learned it. apple knows it.
regarding their new phablet details, if true, sounds like a good start for a base spec and features.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-04-02 18:54 ]
xperiazultra
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-02 19:40

On 2015-04-02 18:58:44, -XYZ wrote:

On 2015-04-02 18:23:55, xperiazultra wrote:

R&D isn't free.
The absolute cost of components isn't the only factor when calculating the profit margin - that is only cost of raw materials. Other costs that must be accounted for in the sale of a product, include the amount of money spent on developing such a project, wages for workers and so on and so forth.

If a Zx Ultra cannot guarantee enough sales to recover the money it cost to develop it (not just to build it), then there is no point making and selling one. Sony don't sell anywhere near enough smartphones to recover those R&D costs from the sale of other, so it would be a poor idea.

Not saying that making a Z ultra is a bad thing per say, just pointing out that financial viability plays a huge role in all this.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2015-04-02 18:00 ]

I agree but considering Z ultra there aren't much R&D going on. Just like iphone 6 plus. Just a bigger flagship. But Note is a total different product.
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-04-03 01:29
Hi all, long time reader, (almost) first time poster...
Everyone keeps mentioning poor sales of z ultra, does anyone know the sales figures?...sure, they might not have been what Sony was expecting but were they truly that dismal? My dad n two other members of my family have a z ultra n they r great!

Also, am I the only one who will miss the magnetic charging ports? I really like that I can use bith my docks to charge the Z2 n Z2 Tablet...the port flaps keep the phone smooth n graceful whilst the magnetic port gives me the freedom to charge without wires. Unless the z4 is confirmed to have wireless charging im actually considering getting the z3 just to keep the magnet port!

We say this every year but hopefully this year is the one where Sony really shines for phones....such a shame theyre phones are the best around n noone seems to know this...

Happy Easter all
Aycaramba
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-04-03 10:12
Esato was founded in the year 2001 and was mainly targeted at Sony Ericsson mobile phone users. We started with a couple of services offering free ringtones, grayscale logos for the Ericsson T39 and R520 models. We have expanded the service to include free color backgrounds for over 50 mobile phone models. Other popular services are the discussion forum for anyone interested in topics about mobile phones and accessories. Even if the focus was targeted at Sony Ericsson owners, we now have separate forums for owners of other brands. The most popular sections are the News, Blog, discussion forum, Free themes, free color backgrounds and a service where users can upload images from a PC and download a converted image down to their mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Aycaramba on 2018-08-07 15:46 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101102103 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic